FORUMS

[TOOL] Tickle My Android - Decompile & Recompile With Ease

6,724 posts
Thanks Meter: 8,572

By Ticklefish, Recognized Themer on 3rd May 2012, 04:15 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from Ticklefish: Version 16.5 Available Now. Link In The 1st Post.
14th March 2020, 11:05 PM |#7921  
Thanks Meter: 204

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticklefish

So I had to try this with apktool_2.3.4.jar. This resulted in a new APK with a curious "/res" folder..

The original is on the left and the new APK is on the right. The suffixes denoting different version numbers (-v17, -v21,etc) has gone. Which means the "/layout-v16" folder seems to have merged with the "/layout" folder.
I wouldn't be surprised if this causes a problem in installation..but I don't know if that happens with the more recent versions of apktool. So the issue might not be related to this at all.

It's worth opening the original and recompiled APK files in 7z and just visually comparing the two. There will always be some minor size differences but the same folders and files should be in both.

hello, did you manage to fix this problem?
decompiled SystemUI (and other apks) on Samsung stock Pie is a total mess and won't load correctly (v-XX folders are merged). I always have to drag-n-drop the modded files from recompiled apk to original apk in order to make the app work correctly.
Am I missing any specific option to solve the problem?
15th March 2020, 01:59 PM |#7922  
Thanks Meter: 475

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticklefish

Version 16.5 has just been released! This features a few fixes (including the issue with using apktool 1.5.2), a few minor changes and an additional recompile option.

Currently apktool has an option to give recompiled apps the same signature/key and AndroidManifest.xml file as the original. This is essential if you're modifying a system app (unless you've disabled signature verification in your rom) but less so if you're modifying an app from Google Play or similar, so the option will be removed in a later version. This is likely to be apktool 2.6 which won't be out for at least a year. (Have a look here if you're wondering what I'm talking about: https://github.com/iBotPeaches/Apktool/issues/2129)

But I'm an impatient person so I've already implemented a workaround in the code already. I like to think ahead..

This will be the last update for a while unless I need to fix any bugs, Google drastically change something that I need to allow for, or I think of any other useful features I can add.

Download, enjoy, and just remember - using Tickle My Android instead of any other decompiling tool is scientifically proven to extend your lifetime by up to 100* years!!

*Individual Results May Vary

sorry bro
where is download link?
15th March 2020, 03:49 PM |#7923  
Thanks Meter: 975

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamidreza2010

sorry bro
where is download link?

In the OP.
The Following User Says Thank You to Homeboy76 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Homeboy76 Ad-Free
19th March 2020, 03:38 PM |#7924  
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninestarkoko

decompiled SystemUI (and other apks) on Samsung stock Pie is a total mess and won't load correctly (v-XX folders are merged). I always have to drag-n-drop the modded files from recompiled apk to original apk in order to make the app work correctly.

This sounds like an apktool issue. Are you definitely using the latest version? If so, you're best off logging an issue on the apktool github or mentioning it on the xda thread.
The github's supposed to be the best place for that but you're probably more likely to get a response on the xda thread. Or you could always post on both...

There's nothing I can do to TMA for this, I think. It can't help with the merged folders and it'd be a nightmare getting the program to work out which files have been modded before putting them back into the original APK.
20th March 2020, 12:44 AM |#7925  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 5,153

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninestarkoko

This has been the case for a few years now. I've never had a problem modding a decompiled apk (without the -v**) and recompiling it and flashing it. I have a pixel, however. I've helped people that have Samsung's though.
The Following User Says Thank You to Tulsadiver For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Tulsadiver Ad-Free
21st March 2020, 02:47 AM |#7926  
Flag Bluegrass State
Thanks Meter: 2,412

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulsadiver

This has been the case for a few years now. I've never had a problem modding a decompiled apk (without the -v**) and recompiling it and flashing it. I have a pixel, however. I've helped people that have Samsung's though.

I concur. The only phone I have any experience with is Samsung and I also have to drag and drop every time. Its really strange.

Edited to add an important detail.
@Ticklefish
I think Professor Ticklefish has a nice ring to it.
21st March 2020, 02:39 PM |#7927  
Recognized Contributor

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevintm78

I concur. The only phone I have any experience with is Samsung and I also have to drag and drop every time. Its really strange.

Edited to add an important detail.
@Ticklefish
I think Professor Ticklefish has a nice ring to it.

I might be talking about something else....when replacing the entire SystemUI.apk it has always been best to copy modded to the original. I thought they were having other issues regarding the -v** specifically. I rarely flash the whole apk but instead flash the modded portions only.
The Following User Says Thank You to Tulsadiver For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Tulsadiver Ad-Free
21st March 2020, 06:02 PM |#7928  
Flag Bluegrass State
Thanks Meter: 2,412

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulsadiver

I might be talking about something else....when replacing the entire SystemUI.apk it has always been best to copy modded to the original. I thought they were having other issues regarding the -v** specifically. I rarely flash the whole apk but instead flash the modded portions only.

Oh, yeah I misunderstood what was going on. I'll see myself out.
21st March 2020, 06:10 PM |#7929  
Recognized Contributor

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevintm78

Oh, yeah I misunderstood what was going on. I'll see myself out.

Not so fast, lol, it might have been I that was on the wrong track.
28th March 2020, 03:26 PM |#7931  
Flag Jhelum
Thanks Meter: 6,375

Donate to Me
More
@Ticklefish bro, i used this tool, make my edits and repacked.. flash zip and working fine, but when i flash the same zip right after fresh rom flash, you can say when i integrate this systemui in stock rom zip, and flash that zip, navbar and statusbar vanished, no mattar what i do, they never came back, when i flash stock systemui, they appear.....

But, when i use stock rom on fresh install, after some boots or sometime, i flash modified systemui, it start working again and normally...

Is this signatures issue ?? or dalvic issue ?? whats stopping modified apk to work from fresh rom install ??

Regards
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
apktool, decompile, recompile, smali, xml

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)