For current Acer Test Builds and Kernels GO HERE. Current test build/Kernel: ezT20-v1.0.1 by EZTerry OC/UV 1.5ghz
NO MORE WAKELOCK!
*On Most Devices. Still effects 1 or 2 users
Evil Alex II patches located at end of this post.
Currently Patch 1. Should fix users with Google Contacts Synch Issues.
Acer_AV041_A501_1.021.00_WW_GEN1 ICS 4.0.3
This is the Official Release Build it seems. Same build as initial OTA.
Please note. I have tested most of the ROM, but not 100%. Nobody can. Testing on Odexed version went well with only a couple minor things. So if you have an issue, please post it, along with a LOGCAT.
Rom uses the Tweaked acer kernel 188.8.131.52+. Please see POST INSTALLATION procedures for Full System R/W access.
WARNING: You MUST have the hacked ICS Bootloader VER 3 or higher. Steps for installing unlocked ICS Bootloaders can be found in Civato's Bootloader and Recovery Guide
Do not install this ROM if you are on HC bootloader. If you don't know which bootloader version you have, download AcerRecoveryInstaller and run it. It will tell you. Also remember, once you go to ICS Bootloader, you can no longer run HC roms unless you go back to the HC Bootloader
PRO TIP: Copy the Evil Alex Unleashed rom to your EXT SD card first, before messing with bootloaders. Also, you must use an ICS compatible Custom Recovery which is mentioned in the same thread
Please direct all NVFlash bootloader install issues to the bootloader thread. Do not post them here.
To get the full features, and avoid issues, you MUST be on the Bootloader Version 3 or higher!!!
First off, a big THANKS to the following:
Galapagos1 - For the update dump
Vache - For his info
Drellisdee & Skrilax_CZ - Work with ICS Bootloader
EZTerry - For your previous help and OC Kernels.
Civato - for guidance in getting Ring and Print running, and tips/images, and Kernels. I owe him a lot with modding roms. Without his assistance, I probably would be lost.
And the rest of the people who got these leaks running when they were first introduced.
And I want to thank everyboy who tested the TEST Rom, and reported back. I appreciate your help. You all know who you are, and you are ACES in my book. Thank You Very Much.
Change list at end of post.
What doesn't work.
It seems Acer broke the SMS. You can send, but not receive SMS. This has only effected a few devices.
UPDATE: My sms started working properly last week. Go figure.
Custom Nav Buttons @55Pegasus
Full /System R-W
Tweaked kernel @Civato
English, Bahasa Indonesia, Cestina, Dansk, Deutsch, Espanol, Francais, Italiano, Magyar, Nederlands, Norsk bokmal, Polski, Portugues (Brasil, Portugal), Romania, Russian, Suomi, Svenska, Turkish, Ukranian (dialects unknown- Arabic, Asian)
Hero of Sparta (stock Acer game and not allowed to be re-distributed)
Lets Golf (Stock Acer Game and not allowed to be re-distributed)
Other Acer stuff.
Boot to CWM recovery
a. Wipe User Data
b. Wipe Cache
c. Wipe Dalvik Cache
d. Wipe Battery Stats
Go to Mounts and Storage
a. Format System
b. Format Flexrom
Go back to Install Zip from SD
Select Evil Alex Unleashed zip
Install and reboot when finished.
Note: please give the tablet a few minutes to settle after initial start. This allows it to build it's Dalvik Cache. You may not see the Acer Ring button at first. Allow a minute.
Do your RECOVERY BACK-UP
POST INSTALLATION NOTES. IMPORTANT!!!!
- Turn USB Debugging ON in Settings/Development.
- For Full Root /System R/W access, open your file manager and set /system to R/W. It's painless.
- If you install any other mods, DO NOT wipe your Dalvik Cache. This may cause the Acer Ring to not function properly, resulting in re-installation of the ROM.
- Volume. Notice that you now have 2 volume controls because of Acer Ring. If you do not have initial volume, please check the Acer Ring volume.
- Acer Print. This has not been tested, as I lack a compatible printer.
- Ad-Hoc should work. If not, try alternative patch at end of post.
- Titanium Back-Up users. I do not use this app, so results may not work correctly with ICS and HC Apps. Do not restore Data from TB, and expect me to support it. TB only really works, when you reinstall the exact same rom.
- Reporting Issues: If you get a FC on an Installed App that comes with the ROM, I may be able to help.
- Games. I cannot promise all games will work. Nobody can. The best way, is to download the game fresh before installing any other apps.
- Phone Apps. Don't even bother reporting it.
- ROM Manager... see above ^
Thanks and hope you enjoy it!