[REF][11.05.12]New-Existing Thread TITLE/TAG Rules[new banner available]

Search This thread

vimjam

Dec 13, 2008
I am no moderator but just want to share/implement this idea.

The following tags/titles are needed to be implemented in DEVELOPMENT area .

1.Thread rules for Rom developers
[ROM][ANDROID Ver.][DATE] <NAME OF ROM>[Version of your ROM]

[ROM] indicating a ROM related thread
[Android ver] Android version name ex: ICS or GB
[DATE] must be in the [day.month.year] form. Example: [06.05.12]
<NAME OF ROM> name of your rom
[Version] is the version of YOUR ROM (not the android version)

ex : [ROM][ICS][6.5.2011]MIUI V4!| Working Camera & NEW FIXES ![v11.06]

NOTE: DO NOT MENTION NEO/NEO V IN THE TITLE cause we got separate sections for them , if the OP needs he can mention it in the first post of his thread .

2.Thread rules for Kernel developers
[KERNEL][ANDROID Ver.][DATE] <NAME OF YOUR KERNEL>[Version of your KERNEL]

[KERNEL] indicating a KERNEL related thread
<NAME OF KERNEL> name of your KERNEL
[Version] is the version of YOUR KERNEL

ex : [KERNEL][ICS][6.5.2011]Pwn Kernel [v0.7]

3.Similarly the same rules for other category thread creators
Instead of [ROM] you will mention according to which category your thread fall

[DEV] - Development for any special projects or Apps
[MOD] - Hack & Modifications for the phone
[FIX] - Fixes for known issues & bugs
[R&D] - Research & Development for Devs only, when gathering data for a new projects
[HOWTO] / [GUIDE] - How to instructions and Guides
[TOOL] - Development related tools
[THEME] - themes (themes and apps section)

4.The people new to XDA community & Noobs
Unlike the Developers & other people there is only ONE simple rule for you guys to follow ,DO NOT POST/START A THREAD JUST TO ASK YOUR QUESTION IN THE DEVELOPMENT FORUM , Use the GENERAL SECTION to post your questions

NOTE : All the above tags/titles should be in capital letters only
If I've missed any let me know ill add it asap
If you have any questions about this new naming scheme, or concerns or questions in general, please do not hesitate to PM me or ask me in this thread.

This is all a work in progress, and if things need to be changed, we will change them as needed. Please bear with me as I try to sort this all out for the good of the forum.

This worked out well in other fourms so i request YOU the developers , modders , themers , & noobs to accept this proposal and help us in keeping the fourm organised and simple

THANK YOU EVERYONE

Attachments

• device20120308030121hor.jpg
    device20120308030121hor.jpg
    202.9 KB · Views: 12,652
  • device20120308022506hor.jpg
    device20120308022506hor.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 12,122
Last edited:

vimjam

Dec 13, 2008
IN-THREAD Idea !!!

Before you read this idea i want to make sure you know that all the extra work for implementing this will be done by me . all you do is just paste it . :) Hope you like the idea

Currently this will take time to implement cause of my SEM Exams till may 15 , will start working asap after my exams start.

1. Screen-shots

All the screen-shots provided by the ROM developer will be modified to be simple and fast loading.

Example :
attachment.php

attachment.php

All the processing & editing will be done by me , so that the dev's feel no burden because of this idea.

Kernel developers your benchmark scores will also be processed this way .

Just wanted to implement this so that all NEO V rom threads are simple and attractive (minimalistic ;) )

Image Details
TYPE : .PNG
DIMEN'S: 1024 x 342 pix

Compressed for faster loading , but will see that quality will not be compromised mostly.

2.Thread Title

If you feel the above idea to be too simple then heres something to make your thread more attractive

I will provide ROM/KERNEL related threads with a TITLE image which represents their ROM/KERNEL . 2-3 Best features which you think will highlight youur ROM/Kernel will also be shown in that IMAGE .

And Firstly the most active Kernel's/Rom's will get the TITLE IMAGES

EX: ICS kernels / ICS ROMS First :p.

finally i got one to show u as a example

1)
attachment.php

2)
uvz

seems like xda is compressing the images (image 1) when i upload it , so i am using an alternative DEV-HOST file sharing site to provide you with best quality images as in image 2 ;)

More services coming soon :)

Attachments

• i-scream.jpg
    i-scream.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 10,546
Last edited:

ThilinaC

Nov 19, 2008
Kandy
bit.ly
Nice idea,will be easy to sort out everything :)

You forgot themes,here's a suggestion for themes

•[THEME] Indicating a Theme related thread
•[For which ROM] For which type of rom(like stock or aokp or cm or miui)
•<NAME OF THEME> name of your Theme
•[Version] Latest version of the theme
•[DATE] Last updated day,must be in the [day.month.year] form. Example: [06.05.12]
example,
[THEME][ICS 4.1.A.0.562] Xperia S for ICS [v1.20][23.04.2012]

shardul_seth

Jul 31, 2011
Good to see such young blood on the forums!

Keep it up.

I agree with all except the capital case idea.. CAPITALS IS SCREAMING!!
I dont want to scream :p

poyensa

Retired Forum Mod / Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 27, 2010
mi patria en mis zapatos
Great contribution! I have stuck the thread and hopefully will be implemented by all the developers of this forum for the benefit of all members, to easily find the rom, updates, etc. Thanks!

Reactions: Ghostfreak NB
Great contribution! I have stuck the thread and hopefully will be implemented by all the developers of this forum for the benefit of all members, to easily find the rom, updates, etc. Thanks!
Indeed a good idea Vimjam ;)
go ahead with this, but if the people learn how to search then they dont have to start a new thread in general, they can ask thier questions in General Chat at the general topic, or they can look in the sticky thread of mine, because i must report 2 a 3 times a day to close a thread to another thread, of double post or its already posted, i hope you understand me, if everyone post my general chat or sticky in thier sig (i mean recognized peeps like vimjam etc) we come a lot further and then everyone knows that;)
I really appriciate that.
but again mate... GOOD JOB :D

Edit: What about Contributors, any good ideas for us ??

Last edited:

vimjam

Dec 13, 2008
Indeed a good idea Vimjam ;)
go ahead with this, but if the people learn how to search then they dont have to start a new thread in general, they can ask thier questions in General Chat at the general topic, or they can look in the sticky thread of mine, because i must report 2 a 3 times a day to close a thread to another thread, of double post or its already posted, i hope you understand me, if everyone post my general chat or sticky in thier sig (i mean recognized peeps like vimjam etc) we come a lot further and then everyone knows that;)
I really appriciate that.
but again mate... GOOD JOB :D

ok i will edit my first post and will redirect them to your GENERAL CHAT thread :)

Edit: What about Contributors, any good ideas for us ??

give me your ideas & i will try my level best to implement them ;), but as my exams are until MAY 15th i will be little less active until then.

Any suggestions are welcome , thank you for your valuable time :)

Reactions: Ghostfreak NB

krabappel2548

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 15, 2011
Lommel
I edited the title of my rom in Neo and Neo V section ;)

I think this should be a generally accepted way to name threads since it's a simple way for users :)

Image Details
DIMEN'S: same width & height as above provided images

What are the dimensions for the images? :p

vimjam

Dec 13, 2008

1)
attachment.php

2)
uvz

seems like xda is compressing the images (image 1) when i upload it , so i am using an alternative DEV-HOST file sharing site to provide you with best quality images as in image 2 ;)

comment on the image 2 , suggestions are always welcome :)

Reactions: ze0
sure can you give me some details like what matter should i keep on the banner ....

Do what ever you like mate, here is my pic, you may change the colour or anything else, do what ever you like ;)
446725918_6e60adbb1248456703.gif

im a Recognized Contributor so a nice text by it is nice to like, stanidng ready for your probs and im always be helpfull, or something like that ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I am no moderator but just want to share/implement this idea.

The following tags/titles are needed to be implemented in DEVELOPMENT area .

1.Thread rules for Rom developers
    [ROM][ANDROID Ver.][DATE] <NAME OF ROM>[Version of your ROM]

[ROM] indicating a ROM related thread
    <NAME OF ROM> name of your rom
    [Version] is the version of YOUR ROM (not the android version)

ex : [ROM][ICS][6.5.2011]MIUI V4!| Working Camera & NEW FIXES ![v11.06]

NOTE: DO NOT MENTION NEO/NEO V IN THE TITLE cause we got separate sections for them , if the OP needs he can mention it in the first post of his thread .

2.Thread rules for Kernel developers
    [KERNEL][ANDROID Ver.][DATE] <NAME OF YOUR KERNEL>[Version of your KERNEL]

[KERNEL] indicating a KERNEL related thread
    <NAME OF KERNEL> name of your KERNEL
    [Version] is the version of YOUR KERNEL

ex : [KERNEL][ICS][6.5.2011]Pwn Kernel [v0.7]

3.Similarly the same rules for other category thread creators
    Instead of [ROM] you will mention according to which category your thread fall

[DEV] - Development for any special projects or Apps
    [MOD] - Hack & Modifications for the phone
    [FIX] - Fixes for known issues & bugs
    [R&D] - Research & Development for Devs only, when gathering data for a new projects
    [HOWTO] / [GUIDE] - How to instructions and Guides
    [TOOL] - Development related tools
    [THEME] - themes (themes and apps section)

4.The people new to XDA community & Noobs
    Unlike the Developers & other people there is only ONE simple rule for you guys to follow ,DO NOT POST/START A THREAD JUST TO ASK YOUR QUESTION IN THE DEVELOPMENT FORUM , Use the GENERAL SECTION to post your questions

NOTE : All the above tags/titles should be in capital letters only
    If I've missed any let me know ill add it asap
    If you have any questions about this new naming scheme, or concerns or questions in general, please do not hesitate to PM me or ask me in this thread.

This is all a work in progress, and if things need to be changed, we will change them as needed. Please bear with me as I try to sort this all out for the good of the forum.

This worked out well in other fourms so i request YOU the developers , modders , themers , & noobs to accept this proposal and help us in keeping the fourm organised and simple

THANK YOU EVERYONE
    IN-THREAD Idea !!!

Before you read this idea i want to make sure you know that all the extra work for implementing this will be done by me . all you do is just paste it . :) Hope you like the idea

Currently this will take time to implement cause of my SEM Exams till may 15 , will start working asap after my exams start.

1. Screen-shots

All the screen-shots provided by the ROM developer will be modified to be simple and fast loading.

Example :
    attachment.php

attachment.php

All the processing & editing will be done by me , so that the dev's feel no burden because of this idea.

Kernel developers your benchmark scores will also be processed this way .

Just wanted to implement this so that all NEO V rom threads are simple and attractive (minimalistic ;) )

Image Details
    DIMEN'S: 1024 x 342 pix

Compressed for faster loading , but will see that quality will not be compromised mostly.

2.Thread Title

If you feel the above idea to be too simple then heres something to make your thread more attractive

I will provide ROM/KERNEL related threads with a TITLE image which represents their ROM/KERNEL . 2-3 Best features which you think will highlight youur ROM/Kernel will also be shown in that IMAGE .

And Firstly the most active Kernel's/Rom's will get the TITLE IMAGES

EX: ICS kernels / ICS ROMS First :p.

1)
    attachment.php

2)
    uvz

More services coming soon :)
    Nice idea,will be easy to sort out everything :)

You forgot themes,here's a suggestion for themes

•[THEME] Indicating a Theme related thread
    •[For which ROM] For which type of rom(like stock or aokp or cm or miui)
    •<NAME OF THEME> name of your Theme
    •[Version] Latest version of the theme
    •[DATE] Last updated day,must be in the [day.month.year] form. Example: [06.05.12]
    example,
    [THEME][ICS 4.1.A.0.562] Xperia S for ICS [v1.20][23.04.2012]
    backup post 2
    backup post 3