THIS ROM AUTOMATICALLY SAVES YOUR IMEI FOR RESTORING IN CASE YOU LOSE IT!
SOME MAY LOSE THEIR IMEI AFTER FLASHING ICS SO JUST USE THE GUIDE FOR
RESTORING IMEI AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE!
I DO NOT ANSWER TO QUESTIONS WHICH HAVE ALREADY BEEN ANSWERED IN THIS TUTORIAL OR IN THE LINKS THIS TUTORIAL PROVIDES !
1. Download the GB Flash KIT which includes the following (XXJW5 2.3.6 GB ROM, PIT file, CF-Root Kernel for Odin, Odin3-v1.85 and Samsung Driver) : http://d-h.st/4nP
NOTE : It would be best to have your phone fully charged before flashing
2. If you haven`t already installed the driver, install it from the GB Flash KIT.
> Plug your phone into the PC and format internal SD
NOTE : The steps below require the know-how of download mode and clockworkmod recovery (CWM) :
For putting the phone in download mode : Keep pressed volume down + home button + power button until it goes into download mode.
For accesing CWM : Keep pressed volume up + home button + power button until the phone reboots.As soon as you see the "Galaxy S" logo, release the buttons.Now you are in CWM.
3. Enter Download Mode, open Odin, check Re-Partition, press PIT button and browse for the PIT file, press PDA button and browse for the PDA file in the ROM folder, press PHONE button and browse for the PHONE file, press CSC button and browse for the CSC file and finally press START button.Wait till it`s finished and when the phone reboots disconnect from PC.
4. When the phone has booted into the ROM and you see the wizard screen just enter download mode again, plug your phone into the PC, open Odin, press PDA button and browse for the CF-Root kernel, press START button and wait for it to finish.After the phone reboots disconnect it from the PC, let it boot and when you`re in the ROM, set your phone to mass storage mode from settings>wireless & network>usb settings and plug your phone into the PC, copy the ICS333 ROM to your internal SD root location, assuming you have downloaded it from here : http://goo.gl/LuXvH and disconnect from PC.
5. Enter CWM, Wipe Data/Factory Reset, Wipe Cache, Wipe Dalvik Cache and flash the ROM.You will notice the phone will reboot immediately because it will switch kernels, from CF-Root to Semaphore, prior to flashing the actual ROM.As a result, it will boot loop or get stuck on Semaphore logo, so just force it into CWM using the 3 key combo (no need to take the battery out).Now flash the rom again and wait till it`s finished and > Reboot to system!.
IMPORTANT : After reboot, enter CWM, flash GAPPS provided here : http://goo.gl/LuXvH and reboot.That`s it.You`re done!.
NOTE : You may not succeed from the first try with the 3 key combo, it`s a matter of timing when releasing the buttons to enter CWM.Just make sure you release the buttons as soon as you see the Galaxy S logo.You will get passed the bootloop/Semaphore logo and enter CWM eventually!
If you still didn`t succeed, turn off phone and turn it on by using the 3 key combo to go directly into CWM.
IMPORTANT : You may encounter a Phone Encryption problem at first boot, so all you need to do is > enter CWM > flash the rom again > Reboot!
As a last resort, if every method above failed, try this :
1. Flash GB ROM
2. Flash CF-Root Kernel
3. Wipe Data/Factory Reset, Wipe Cache, Wipe Dalvik Cache
4. Flash this script : http://d-h.st/P2M
5. Flash Devil Kernel [choose any CFS_BLN_CMC version] : http://devil.haxer.org
6. Flash ICS333 ROM, don`t reboot yet
7. Flash the script again : http://d-h.st/P2M
8. Flash Devil Kernel again : http://devil.haxer.org
9. Flash GAPPS provided here : http://goo.gl/LuXvH
10. Reboot twice
If you are not satisfied with your modem`s performance or you end up with "Baseband Unknown", try a different one from here : http://goo.gl/R9q5l
Depending on the region you are in, modems can make a huge difference!
But usually 3G/Internet usage will discharge battery faster than Wi-Fi usage.
THERE IS NO "BEST MODEM" > you have to experiment yourselves with these modems!
You may experience soft reboots or slow downs/hangs if you mess with voltages, specific governor-scheduler combos or if you overclock.
If you are not satisfied with the stock launcher, in terms of speed and stability, I highly recommend using Nova Launcher instead, it performs better than Apex Launcher, as I`ve tested myself, it has great features and customizations and it compliments the rom, plus it looks like stock, preserving the ICS look : http://goo.gl/y479F
NOTE : For fully working H/W Decoding on video playing please use DicePlayer : http://goo.gl/4BHth
IMPORTANT : If you encounter "Low on Storage" issue just flash this via CWM and reboot! : http://d-h.st/94L
IMPORTANT : If you have problems with media storage (file detection/duplicates issues) this is what you have to do :
Go to System Settings > Apps > ALL tab > scroll down for Media Storage > Clear Data, Force Stop!
Reboot phone and give it some more time to scan for everything (especially if you have lots of multimedia files)!
Everything should be OK now.
Also, when an app FC`s, go to > Manage apps > find the app > Clear Data > Reboot!
IMPORTANT [Titanium Backup] : Before you make a backup do this : Open Titanium Backup > Tap Menu Button > Preferences > Scroll down to "Troubleshooting settings" > check "Follow all symbolic links".Done.
IMPORTANT [GPS] : Make sure you install FasterFix : http://goo.gl/660r6 > open it > choose a region/server according to your location > press GO.Now your GPS will work properly and get a lock faster.
> Tested iGO and it works just fine
NOTE [VIBER] : In order for Viber to fully work, use Root Explorer or Ghost Commander, go to > /system/build.prop > edit build.prop file > find the line "ro.product.model=GT-I9000" and replace "GT-I9000" with "Nexus S".Save and exit.Reboot!
1. Install "Nitrality" from Google Play Store, open it, grant root acces.
2. Go to "Tools" > Restore /efs > Reboot!
NOTE : If for some reason Nitrality doesn`t do the job, restore your IMEI using the guides below.
1. After you flashed the ICS333 Rom, install Root Explorer.
2. Go to "/sdcard/backup", open "efs" folder, press "Menu" button > Multi-Select > Select All > Copy.
3. Go back to root "/", open "efs" folder and paste the contents here, when asked, check to replace all files.
NOTE : It is important not to copy the EFS folder itself , when you want to restore IMEI, but the contents within the EFS folder, which will replace the contents of the EFS folder from the root "/EFS".
1. After you flashed the ICS333 Rom, install Ghost Commander File Manager.Open Ghost Commander File Manager > Menu button > Application > Settings > Scroll down to "Advanced" > Check "Show root and mounts", check "Automatic root mode" > Go back and hold the phone in landscape mode.Now you will have two panels (left panel next to the front camera and right panel next to the home button).
2. On the left panel, tap on "root mode", open "/efs" folder
3. On the right panel, tap on "root mode", go to "/mnt/sdcard/backup" (open folders by double tap), open "/efs" folder, select all files within the efs folder, one by one (one tap to select a file), tap on "5 copy", a windows will open saying "Copy # items to : root:/efs", which is the location you are in the left panel, tap on "OK" and all the files will be automatically overwritten.
[Semaphore Kernel Users] :
1. Open Semaphore app > Kernel Features > check "Logger" > Reboot!
2. Install Android Terminal Emulator : http://goo.gl/oLRC0
3. Let the phone run for 3/4 hours > open Android Terminal Emulator > type "su" (without quotes), tap on return (enter) key, grant root if asked, now type "logcat>/sdcard/logcat.txt" (without quotes), tap on return (enter) key.
4. Now you have created a text file with the logcat.Done!
[USERS WITH ANOTHER KERNEL] :
1. If the kernel you are using, comes with an app (like the Semaphore app), search for an option which allows you to enable the logger.If you don`t have any app, most probably you have to enable the logger via CWM, just acces CWM and search where you can enable the logger and reboot.
2. Let the phone run for 3/4 hours > install and open Android Terminal Emulator > type "su" (without quotes), tap on return (enter) key, grant root if asked, now type "logcat>/sdcard/logcat.txt" (without quotes), tap on return (enter) key.
3. Now you have created a text file with the logcat.Done!
If you followed every step in this tutorial it is highly unlikely to fail this, only if you can`t read English properly.
If you have questions/problems or you just want to chat about it, go here : http://webchat.freenode.net
Channel : ##ICS333
If you found this guide helpful just press “Thanks” . Keep the thread clean and use the IRC channel!
Enjoy this wonderful ROM !