FORUMS

[For DEV] Samsung Galaxy S I9070 Advance kernel & platform source code

1,594 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,047

By qzem, Senior Member on 7th May 2012, 02:43 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello!

This is a thread where potential developers can get kernel and platform source code for Samsung Galaxy S I9070 Advance, and other info. I will try to update this until we will have first custom rom ready. I encourage everybody with some experience with android development, to share their knowledge with other users here. Please if any of you will make any progress in rooting, making recovery or developing custom rom, to write here in this thread or even start a new one if some major break trough will be made.

Ok so here are the links to sources (I don't know the diference between those to, but I guess it is region related):

GTI9070_GB_OpenSoruce

GTI9070_LA_GB_OpenSoruce

All sources, can be found HERE.

In the attachment you can also find some other info I've pulled from my phone, which used to be rooted, cause I had some test version. I hope all this stuff will help us get root access, custom recovery and last but not least a whole bunch of custom roms.

NOW LETS HACKING AND DEVELOPING BEGIN!!!

One more thing, PLEASE take a minute to VOTE for this phone to get its own forum section here on XDA. Just make a post in THIS THREAD. The device is not in the poll yet, so you must write a post in thread. THANK YOU!
Attached Files
File Type: rar GT-I9070.rar - [Click for QR Code] (9.2 KB, 2716 views)
File Type: txt recovery.fstab.txt - [Click for QR Code] (625 Bytes, 2012 views)
The Following 50 Users Say Thank You to qzem For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift qzem Ad-Free
7th May 2012, 03:13 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
We've made a step into a right direction with a lot of help from forum I've made a working root method!

I've hard bricked my phone, so I am off the developemnt from this phone, only if by some chance I get a replacement. Sorry guys, in spirit of developing I've killed my phone .
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to qzem For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift qzem Ad-Free
8th May 2012, 07:33 AM |#3  
Flag Skee
Thanks Meter: 10

More
I wish I was better at kernel development... I would love some development for this phone!

Sent from my GT-I9070 via Tapatalk 2
9th May 2012, 12:02 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
I've somehow managed to configure linux and pulled andorid sources from the repo, now I have to figured out how to compile a kernel. I have much to learn but if nobody else will give it a try, maybe I will succeed.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to qzem For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift qzem Ad-Free
10th May 2012, 11:31 AM |#5  
Flag Kuala Lumpur
Thanks Meter: 15

More
yeah...we as new wannabe devs are learning back the basics...i'm still trying to figure out what to do about the kernel source...afraid of bricking my phone in the process... hehe.. but all the kernel sources for all regions has been released...
The Following User Says Thank You to kilsmap For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kilsmap Ad-Free
10th May 2012, 12:25 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilsmap

yeah...we as new wannabe devs are learning back the basics...i'm still trying to figure out what to do about the kernel source...afraid of bricking my phone in the process... hehe.. but all the kernel sources for all regions has been released...

Dear friend. I come from China, now I already have a good i9070, I can help you with your test, you can send to my mailbox [email protected]
11th May 2012, 03:55 AM |#7  
Flag Kuala Lumpur

More
hmmm...qzem, im getting stuck at initramfs...how do we get these for our phones? because the kernel can only be flashed safely when it is compiled with initramfs files from our phone... and for the phone to get custom recovery, i think they will also need initramfs files...
11th May 2012, 09:56 AM |#8  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilsmap

hmmm...qzem, im getting stuck at initramfs...how do we get these for our phones? because the kernel can only be flashed safely when it is compiled with initramfs files from our phone... and for the phone to get custom recovery, i think they will also need initramfs files...

Same thing here. I have no idea how to get those, been asking around the forum an searching, but for now all the directions indicates that you need to have root access to get iniramfs. That really sucks...
11th May 2012, 12:09 PM |#9  
Flag Kuala Lumpur

More
hahaha...from this point of view, all Samsung phones after Galaxy S Advance will be quite hard to root... I'm waiting for the Galaxy SIII to launch, and for someone to root it... Maybe then we will be able to use the same way to root our phone... If only we can see what's inside our kernel.bin.md5... I'm sure the files we needed are in there...
11th May 2012, 12:14 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 3,870

More
the initrams? u mean ramdisk?
grab stock boot.img and extract from it.
the stock boot.img can be grabbed from odin flashable stock rom.
11th May 2012, 03:43 PM |#11  
Flag Kuala Lumpur

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by an0nym0us_

the initrams? u mean ramdisk?
grab stock boot.img and extract from it.
the stock boot.img can be grabbed from odin flashable stock rom.

Yeah.. We have the stock rom, but can't figure out which one should we extract the boot.img from.. There was system.img.md5, cache.img.md5, hidden.img.md5, modem.bin.md5, and kernel.bin.md5... So which one? My suspicion lies to the kernel.bin, but I have no idea how to extract it..

Sent from my GT-I9070 using XDA
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
i9070, samsung

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)