FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][NAND] GBX0* + 3.3.x kernel

300 posts
Thanks Meter: 332

By detule, Senior Member on 7th May 2012, 11:09 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi folks,

Just a quick note on something we've been working with jonpry on. The title says it all - this is not an official GBX build/release, rather something I compiled from the current GBX tree.

As always, if you are submitting an issue -> post complete GetLogs output -> otherwise I promise you, I will ignore your post.

This is work in progress, so don't expect everything will be smooth. Having said that, it works remarkably well, and it performs at a high level. Here is what I know does not work for sure:

1. Auto-backlight.
2. No idea what the reboot option does, but I wouldn't be surprised if it just hangs your device.

Other issues I am sure will come up.

As always, props to ACL for LK/recovery + early nand pioneering work.

This comes with the usual disclaimers - flashing your phone is inherently dangerous, etc. So do this at your own risk.

Download here, and flash via CWM recovery. Alternative Mirror Location.
Kernel update containing bug fixes. Flash also via CWM. Alternative Mirror Location.
CRITICAL: ril_update.zip. Should fix booting problems form GSM flks. Flash also via CWM. Alternative Mirror Location.
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to detule For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift detule Ad-Free

7th May 2012, 11:12 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member

More
Reserved
7th May 2012, 11:39 PM |#3  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 3,834

Donate to Me
More
I'll take this post cuz I'm greedy.

Thanks detule, flashing now...

Edit - initial flash was gravy. Booted up, and it seems the g-sensor is off... Someone reported this on GBX0C on HaRET, and I thought he was nuts, but it's definitely happening to me. Rotate the phone left, and it goes to portrait mode as if the phone was standing up straight up & down. Rotate the phone so it is standing straight up and down, and the screen goes landscape as if I'm holding it to the right...

Very strange. I'll look into it, could just be a fluke or something I did to setup. I flashed, then did a data/factory reset.
The Following User Says Thank You to arrrghhh For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift arrrghhh Ad-Free
7th May 2012, 11:55 PM |#4  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 4,603

Donate to Me
More
Will test it later and reports problems.

Detule can you make a own git for this build?
8th May 2012, 12:14 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
Uncheck Auto rotate in Display settings. I messed this up, I'll fix it in the next cycle.
8th May 2012, 12:48 AM |#6  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 3,834

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by detule

Uncheck Auto rotate in Display settings. I messed this up, I'll fix it in the next cycle.

Yea, that'll fix it in the meantime. Pretty good release if that's the only bug tho mate .
8th May 2012, 01:05 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 119

More
Unfortunately on RHOD100 completely dysfunctional. Continuous chain of FC, announced problems with the panel attend, display is turned on only occasionally and mostly unresponsive. No service. Send all log files, which I could make ...
Attached Files
File Type: zip logs.zip - [Click for QR Code] (57.1 KB, 38 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to milda25 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift milda25 Ad-Free
8th May 2012, 02:32 AM |#8  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 4,603

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by milda25

Unfortunately on RHOD100 completely dysfunctional. Continuous chain of FC, announced problems with the panel attend, display is turned on only occasionally and mostly unresponsive. No service. Send all log files, which I could make ...

try with unplugged usb cable.
8th May 2012, 02:37 AM |#9  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by milda25

Hi, thanks did you wipe data/cache and all that completely before trying this build?

You should not be experiencing FCs regardless of what rhodium you are using.

There is a small gbx bug where the phone app FCs on first boot but that is an isolated incident and is not repeated on other boots.
8th May 2012, 02:42 AM |#10  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by walter79

Will test it later and reports problems.

Detule can you make a own git for this build?

The build is completely stock gbx and is available from the xdandroid gitorious repo.

I had to hack the xdandroid rootfs to build a ramdisk for the kernel. It can be found here. It's extremely hack-ish, but it works for now, and can be polished later.

The kernel is a slight modification of the haret kernel found on the linux-msm-rhod gitorious repo. If we get good feedback from this testing cycle next step is to combine the haret and the nand kernel.
8th May 2012, 05:06 AM |#11  
OP Senior Member

More
Kernel update with a couple of bug-fixes in first post.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)