I would like to present you Android Open Kang Project builds for HTC Vision.
Rom is based on Android 4.0 (ICS) and have a lot of customization options.
It's also DEV thread, so if you have a some problems with rom, first, try to find fix by yourself. If you can't - add post with description of your problem and LOGCAT.
Any help is welcome
I don't do this for any purposes, I just want to learn something new, so if you want to thanks thnk about AOKP Team and/or Andromadus Team
Special thanks goes to AOKP dev team (Team Kang) and Andromadus Team!
- everything should be fine
What's not working:
- waiting for feedback -
FOR USERS EXPERIENCING WIFI TO DATA SWITCHING ISSUES WITH THEIR CARRIER ONLY : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1701467
Try some themes for your AOKP: https://play.google.com/store/search...p+theme&c=apps
Remember: I'm not responsible for any phone bricks, tornados and diarrheas. You are doing it for your own and your warranty is void now.
How to install:
1) Put rom and GApps on your sd card.
2) Go to CWM (or other) Recovery.
3) Do a nand backup.
4) Do a full wipe (fist installation - coming from other rom) or just wipe cache/dalvik cache (update).
5) Flash rom.
6) Flash GApps.
7) Reboot (first boot can take a while).
How to enable TabletUI
1) Open ROM Control and enable Navigation Bar, but don't reboot phone now.
2) Change LCD Density to any lower than 171 (e.g. 165 / General UI).
3) Reboot your phone.
4) Wipe Google Play data.
If you want go back to Phone UI just change LCD Density to any higher than 179.
23-07-2012 / Milestone 6
Major changes since Milestone 5
Removed FB sync
Added ability to hide sender and/or message body in notifications (Mms)
Added CM9 T-Mobile theme manager
Added Sense 4 style Task switcher (you have the option of choosing from stock/web os/sense 4 now)
Added ability to play boot sound (disabled by default) -- read instructions in ROM Control > General > Boot sound
added delayed ring feature to Phone
added Emoji to Mms (enable in Mms settings)
added AOKP wallpapers app
added USB tether toggle,
added AOKP clock widgets
added notification counters
new boot animation
added nav bar widgets (must add nav bar widgets button/long press button in nav bar settings and add some widgets to play with!)
added AOKP stats (www.stats.aokp.co) -- you can opt out
added bluewall firewall - RC > General UI > Less Notification Sounds -- limits the number of notification sounds an app can play per X seconds, so like 1 GTalk ping/30s, but notifications will still be coming in
improved weather code
added "copy to clipboard" option in "Share" dialogs throughout Android
added hardware info in about screen
added new music layout to lockscreen (you can choose between old and new)
added nfc toggle
added nfc polling settings (Settings > More > NFC polling mode)
made lockscreen weather prettier
fixed DRM issues
There has been TONS of more stuff than this added. It's really difficult to find all the differences... here is a FULL list of commits that have entered our code base since Milestone 5. There are a lot of changes.
Here is a list of changes since build 40. They are mostly bug fixes.
25-06-2012 / build 40
- updated Apex Launcher
- added PinyinIME
- added Greek IME
- added set phone number under Phone settings
- fixed Google Voice bug
added hardware info in Settings > About
fixed DRM issues (including Hulu)
made lockscreen weather much prettier
added NFC polling mode Settings > More > NFC polling mode
added NFC toggle
added Achromatic theme
fixed added custom WiFi SSID FC
always moar things!
Full change log available here
19-06-2012 / build 39
- updated Apex Launcher
- updated Andromadus kernel
- added ability to change host name (settings > dev > device hostname)
- added ad-hoc network support
- added adb over network
- added AOKP stats (you can opt out, Settings > About > AOKP Statistics) www.stats.aokp.co
- added bluewall firewall - RC > General UI > Less Notification Sounds
--- limits the number of notification sounds an app can play per X seconds
--- so like 1 GTalk ping/30s, but notifications will still be coming in
- added "Device options" link in Settings for devices that have an app to tweak device-specific settings
--- right now I believe only tuna/aries/p1c have these, all credit goes to CM trees where these apps came from
- improved weather code, shouldn't bother you everytime it updates weather now
- added "copy to clipboard" option in "Share" dialogs throughout ANdroid
- added ability to toggle to "new" and "original" music controls on the lockscreen
- as always, tons of other device-specific and internal changes, find them all at http://gerrit.sudoservers.com/#/q/status:merged,n,z
a note about linaro (warning, tech mumbo jumbo ahead)
These builds do NOT include the new Linaro optimizations. The optimizations don't increase the speed of Android by 100%, nor do they inject butter. They use a newer toolchain to compile Android, which has more optimizations. The Linaro people have also made the proper changes in Android code to allow builds to be compiled with -O3 instead of -O2 flags (think of it as another pass of code optimizations).
Please do not ask us whether we will include them in the future. We like speed as much as the next guy, but we want to make sure that it doesn't break ANYTHING. When/if it's ready, you'll know.
05-06-2012 / build 38
- Merged TabletUI
- Added Hot Reboot
- Added Apex Launcher
- Added (physical) Home button long press setting for TabletUI
- Fixed microphone in headset (caused by improved volume mod)
--- build 38 changelog
reverted tablet nav bar button padding change (back to stock ics padding now)
fix SMS/BT crash bug when no msgs exist
reworked lockscreen music layout to be cleaner
fix ugly gradient on dark holo background
added AOKP Tips widget
added statusbar autohide for tablets (for apps that need full screen)
added support for more lockscreen targets (2-8 options, your choice)
cleaned up octo lockscreen layout
fixed certain FCs with RC related to weather
Mms: fixed stripping certain Polish characters
decreased size of custom lockscreen apps to match other icons
statusbar brightness enabled by default after you wipe (sliding thumb across statusbar to change brightness)
added statusbar notification counter (RC > Statusbar General > Notification Counter)
new AOKP boot animation from @rascarlo
Out of range Bluetooth devices won't show up anymore in Settings
Browser: added option to close all other tabs (besides current)
Fixed data toggle
Removed requirement to reboot when toggling keyboard switcher (IME switcher) in statusbar
Added nav bar widgets (to enable, go to nav bar settings > add toggle widgets as one of your nav bar actions/ long press actions, then add widgets -- be sure to add at least 2 for best experience)
...as always, tons of fixes for devices and other backend fixes!
Remember: builds are considered "nightlies"!
25-05-2012 / build 37
- Full working init.d support (so Startup Tweaks are fixed finally)
- Fixed Singapore quotation brackets - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=109
- Added Louder headphones volume - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1603327
- Added LG 4x Lockscreen mod - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=24811293
- Symbol keys enhance on pop up symbol keyboard (FN + SYM) - if you want some additional symbols - write to me I'll add them
- Added SIM Toolkit
--- build 37 changelog
fixed navbar glow resetting on reboot
fixed hide navbar for tablets
fixed back button disappearing on tablets
added more SwagPapers
added volume adjust sound preference (Settings > Sound > Volume adjust sound)
fixed memory leak with lockscreen code
fixed auto-rotate toggle
systemui will now restart on changing themes to avoid any potential errors
navbar background is now set through XML to allow theming
added aokp clock widgets
navigation bar app icons now scale better
fixed bug in native Email app that would cause wakelocks
Support GSM AT commands for SMS over bluetooth
updated nova to 1.1.4
23-05-2012 / build 36
- System hang-ups on opening app setting menu or other - fixed
- Volume +/- (short press) when Volume Music Controls enabled not working - fixed
- Added Trackpad Wake switch
- Possibly faster WiFi/2G/3G switch
- Some other merge stuff/fixes
16-05-2012 / build 36
- Fixed Recent App switcher (Sense 4 style/WebOS/Stock)
- Fixed WiFi Tether toggle causing SystemUI crash
- Added USB Tether Toggle
- Fixed keyboard backlight in right way
- Enabled tile rendering for tests
------ build 36 changes -----------------------
- updated Mms emoji code from CM
- added delayed ring feature to Phone
- fixed a bug when hiding sender information, photo would still show
- default ICS wallpapers have returned
- added SwagPapers (AOKP Wallpapers)
- updated theme engine from CM
- fixed volume slider showing incorrect volume in a voice call (making it look like it wasn't full)
14-05-2012 / build 35
- Cleaned all mess
- Everything should be faster and smoother
- Added Trebuchet launcher, Speech Recorde, Movie Studio
- Added 2g/3g, Mobile Data, Tether AP etc toggles
- Themes are working now
- Other stuff from AOKP build 35
- Fixed Camcorder
- Fixed keyboard backlight
- Fixed Camera led flash (only in AUTO mode)
- Initial release
- Camcorder is not working right now (will be fixed)
- Camera led is not working right now (will be fixed)
- Keyboard backlight works only with autobrighntess (will be fixed)