I rooted mines using unlockr site. But I did had to download Kies for the Drivers and you do need a memory card.
I. Before You Begin:
1. Rooting your Galaxy Tab will void its warranty and it can only be gained back by either applying stock firmware or unrooting your tablet.
II. Downloading Required Files:
1. Download ClockworkMod Recovery Image from here.
2. Download the Rooting Package from here.
3. Download the Odin tool from here.
III. Installing CWM Recovery on Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
1. First of all, close Kies software on your PC.
2. Reboot your Galaxy Tab 2 into the download mode. You can do so by pressing and holding both Volume DOWN and Power keys together.
3. Press the Volume UP key to enter into the download mode.
4. Launch the Odin Tool on your PC by double-clicking on Odin3 v1.85.exe file.
5. Connect your tablet to your PC using the USB cable.
6. From the Odin Tool, choose PDA and then select the recovery.tar.md5 file you downloaded earlier. You will have following screen:
After doing this on two different devices today, both of them had massive performance problems (nearly unusable lag, super slow unlocks, etc) and a few black screens of death. So I likely screwed something up. After some tinkering, the fix for both devices involved doing a kernel flash in Heimdall with a stock version rom's boot.img file. Now I have root and a devices that's totally usable again.
I'll toss up some detailed directions if anyone needs, but here are the files I used for this:
3) IML74K-P3113UEALD3-stock.zip (Extract this, use the boot.img file for the partition file under the Flash tab)
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|