FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] Settings HTC Car app

94 posts
Thanks Meter: 8

By mahjsa, Member on 10th May 2012, 07:06 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi there,

I was wondering if anybody has found out how and if it is possible to change the default behaviour of the navigation link in the HTC Car Panel.
I don't want to use HTC Locations or Google Maps but Sygic Aura instead. Already contacted HTC, but no answer from them yet. Maybe someone here can help me explain where I have to make a change to be able to put another navigation app in HTC Car Panel.

Thanks

16th May 2012, 03:56 PM |#2  
OP Member
Flag Hapert

More
Nobody uses the Car App or wants to change it to his/her own liking?

I am really hoping someone has some inside knowledge of the way and where the settings are stored. Then maybe I can find out myself what to do to change the app to use Sygic myself.
22nd May 2012, 11:03 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 29

More
I had the same question about the One S, and also asked HTC. This is what they said:

"Thank you for your reply regarding your HTC One S.

I do apologise Dave, but it would not be possible to use a third party navigation app on the HTC One S when in car mode. This is the way this operating system was programmed and there are no settings or options to change this on your phone.

I do apologise for the inconvenience this may be causing you.
"

If anyone finds a way to prove them wrong, I'd be interested to hear it
25th May 2012, 07:03 AM |#4  
Houston
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahjsa

Hi there,

I was wondering if anybody has found out how and if it is possible to change the default behaviour of the navigation link in the HTC Car Panel.
I don't want to use HTC Locations or Google Maps but Sygic Aura instead. Already contacted HTC, but no answer from them yet. Maybe someone here can help me explain where I have to make a change to be able to put another navigation app in HTC Car Panel.

Thanks

So I'm not completely sure if its the same, but I think that the One X/EVO 4G LTE and the One S have the same software, since they are along the same model line.

But on my LTEVO I got today, I found that you can adjust the default navigation app by:

1) Open "Car" app
2) Tap the area by the signal strength, battery level, etc.
3) A settings menu should come up-- scroll all the way to the bottom and choose "Default Navigation App" to change it.

Haven't tried changing mine, but its worth a shot. Good luck!
27th May 2012, 09:14 AM |#5  
OP Member
Flag Hapert

More
I am already familiar with this option, but you only get to change between HTC Locations (as far as I know a Route66 clone) and Google Maps. The carr app doesn't allow the choice of some other default navigation app.

Attached a file Phone.dat that is somewhere in a map called "navigator" (not sure where exactly) where I found something that looks like a settings file:

Code:
[PHONEDATVERSION]
[ID]
[KVER]
[VERSION]
15 262144 327680
5 393216 458752
10 393216 393216
9 65536 131072
8 65536 65536
4 131072 131072
7 65536 65536
12 65536 131072
14 65536 65536
13 65536 65536
18 196608 196608
22 458752 458752
19 131072 131072
[CMAP VERSIONS]

[DEFAULT CONTENT]
[APP VERSION]
5.12.F41E48C
[APP NAME]
ROUTE 66 Maps
[PLATFORM]
Android
[SDK_NAME]
R66SDK_NewApi
[VARIANT]
[SDK_VERSION]
f41e48c
[SDK_CLIENT]
HTC
[SIMOP]

[NETNAME]

[IMSI]

[KEYS]
shop=0 drm_type=12 drm_id=36132 shop_id=115371 flags=2066 count=0 time_s=0 time_e=2592000 itime=1334869026 grace=2419200 bundle_id=0 bundle_shop_id=0 state=Y try_for_free=1 obj_name=Worldwide
[SHOP VERSION]
11th October 2012, 09:28 PM |#6  

More
change the 4th icon
Hi there,

sadly you can't change the navigation icon/ app, however you can change the 4th icon (standard set on TuneIn, I believe).
To do this, go to your standard music player (not in car mode), now you see in the maindisplay: my phone, TuneIn, etc.
Pressing the menu button you can add more apps like shazam or soundhound, but also apps that are not related to music like for instant Sigic!

Now in car mode you can swipe twice to the left and there you see the selected apps...choosing for instand Sigic it will make that app default in the home screen of the car mode.

So now you have a temporarly solution for 3rd party navigation apps, but still hoping HTC will come with a solution of there own soon, while the app isn't really intergrated in the car mode like Google Maps is.

Good luck!
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ljcindustries For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ljcindustries Ad-Free
29th November 2012, 10:17 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Smile Thank youu!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljcindustries

Hi there,

sadly you can't change the navigation icon/ app, however you can change the 4th icon (standard set on TuneIn, I believe).
To do this, go to your standard music player (not in car mode), now you see in the maindisplay: my phone, TuneIn, etc.
Pressing the menu button you can add more apps like shazam or soundhound, but also apps that are not related to music like for instant Sigic!

Now in car mode you can swipe twice to the left and there you see the selected apps...choosing for instand Sigic it will make that app default in the home screen of the car mode.

So now you have a temporarly solution for 3rd party navigation apps, but still hoping HTC will come with a solution of there own soon, while the app isn't really intergrated in the car mode like Google Maps is.

Good luck!

Thank you, friend! This helped me much!
2nd December 2012, 08:34 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 424

More
Nice avatar

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium
4th December 2012, 02:28 PM |#9  
Flag Bratislava
Thanks Meter: 14

More
@ljcindustries
Was searching for some soluton for a long time. Thanks
9th December 2012, 12:18 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljcindustries

Hi there,

Good luck!

Great find as a temporary measure!

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2
14th February 2013, 06:34 AM |#11  
HTC One X, HTC Sensation, HTC HD2, Asus Transformer Prime TF201, Samsung Galaxy Tab 7+, Linx N700.
Thanks Meter: 2

Donate to Me
More
Sign HTC Car App settings 4 Other Nav or App eg YouTube.
Hi
I found if you add other Apps (eg CoPilot which I use), to your std HTC Music App then,
in the Car App under Navigation-Search or Search Items (eg Gas Station),
You will can choose which Nav App you want to use, either Google or
your Nav app which you added to the HTC music app. In my case I choose CoPilot.
Hope this helps someone.
The Following User Says Thank You to tony1ant For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tony1ant Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
car, locations, navigation, panel, sygic

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)