FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] How to recover/open a temp_video?

239 posts
Thanks Meter: 76

By mihaixp, Senior Member on 10th May 2012, 07:58 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Yesterday, I was attending the UEFA Europa League Final and I was filming the starting ceremony.
I didn't know that I had a merely 1.6 GB left on my SD card. When the memory was full, the camera app did the unthinkable (FC). I entered a file manager and saw that the video is there under the name temp_video but without any extension.

Can you please tell me how can I recover it?

10th May 2012, 09:26 AM |#2  
Flag tongliao
Thanks Meter: 1

More
temp
Belong to
Temporary file
10th May 2012, 09:59 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bucharest

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaln1987

temp
Belong to
Temporary file

I am aware of that. But can't it be salvaged in some way?
14th May 2012, 04:41 PM |#4  
Flag Lahore
Thanks Meter: 33

More
Cool Try !!!!
Dear try renaming the file with "temp_video.mp4" ...... hope it work .....
15th May 2012, 07:36 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bucharest

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by princefizi

Dear try renaming the file with "temp_video.mp4" ...... hope it work .....

Nope, that doesn't do the trick cause, you know, the file is not finalized one way or the other by the phone itself.I guess I should edit the file somehow on the PC.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2
16th September 2012, 12:16 PM |#6  
Flag İstanbul
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I have the same problem
I have a very important video (birth of my son) in this situation aswell. so if anybody success on this issue please let us know.
16th September 2012, 12:50 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bucharest

More
I haven't managed to open or recover them somehow. I guess there are no viable solutions for this issue.

Sorry.

PS: Still, keep the files. Who knows, maybe we will find out someday.
16th September 2012, 12:54 PM |#8  
Flag İstanbul

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mihaixp

I haven't managed to open or recover them somehow. I guess there are no viable solutions for this issue.

Sorry.

PS: Still, keep the files. Who knows, maybe we will find out someday.

Thanks for reply i'll keep the files, but there must be a solution (
23rd September 2012, 10:08 PM |#9  

More
Various free video conversion software should do the trick. I've had success using the conversion feature of VideoLAN's VLC media player to 'convert' to .mp4; the video is full size, with sound, and at the original quality. The VLC media player could even play the temp_video file as-is, without any conversion...the conversion was only necessary to play with other players/to burn to DVD.

Hope this helps.
18th August 2013, 04:45 PM |#10  

More
Wink Found a utility that does the trick
I had the same problem. Some people claimed vlc would work, but it didn't. So I tried out this tool: http://grauonline.de/cmsimple2_6/en/...Repair_Utility

It worked when I gave it a reference video (video shot from the same phone), but it only saves half the video unless you buy the license. After watching the video, I determined that I don't need the second half for the price they ask (29 euros), but at least I got half. If the author would only charge say $5 per video I'd probably buy it. In lieu of that, I simply joined the file together to create one file twice as long and re-ran it. In windows "copy /b file + file combined_file". This worked as a stop-gap, but the sound got really off at the midpoint. So, if you really want it to work right, I'd suggest paying for the license.

Credit to this person for pointing me to the tool.

http://janit.iki.fi/repair-corrupted-mp4-video/
10th November 2015, 03:31 AM |#11  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1808481

I have a very important video (birth of my son) in this situation aswell. so if anybody success on this issue please let us know.

You can try to repair it with the vid repair tool on android playstore it did the trick for me. I recovered full video. It was there with the name temp_video now i can play it well. Hope this works.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)