**moderators, pls remove this post if you want to, since it has been added in the sticky post
thx for those who chose to read this and decided on thier own what to do next
thx for those who kept silent, either like or dislike this post
thx for those claimed they have reformatted the device so many times but still running, but pls report if it failed one day. i am not hoping that ur phone will be bricked, instead, just to inform us what caused it
thx for those against this post with spams, even with possible personal attacks. i learnt a lot of english words
lastly, after the experience this time, it further urges me that this is not the place for me
good luck to u all
FROM THE MODERATOR : This news is not new, and YES you should all take great care when flashing. DO YOUR RESEARCH......... do not flash custom roms without the proper knowledge to do it safely (duh)......
Very few people have had any issue with bricking (I only know of 2)......
BUT do Your Homework........ Oka1 Moderator
FWD: by chainfire:
WARNING: I have just been informed that LPY *does* suffer from the I/O bug. Do *not* use any CWM functions ! They are dangerous and may hardbrick your flash memory !
Deleting large files while fully booted may also cause problems with your flash memory.
Also see: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1633943
Say tuned for further information.
original post by chainfire: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...88&postcount=6 --- This is 6 months old hardly current information....... food for thought- oka1
incorrect link used above. the correct one should be
EDIT: some ppl in the general thread talked about even OTA upgrade is affected. can someone pls confirm this to other ppls here?
EDIT2: for the sake of safety, i suggest NOT upgrading to LPY until the problem is solved and confirmed
what does it mean?
- you risk bricking your phone if u use the LPY rom
- at this time, the exact problem areas are to be determined
- no evidence so far if this is due to cwm or cfroot's, or it could be the stock rom
- if you r still using gb (android 2.3.6), it is suggested to stick with it at the moment
- it is "assumed" that it was due to formatting the partitions in the recovery
- wipe is NOT safe as well. i checked the source and found that a wipe will call the format_volume function, ie to do a format
is it safe to go back to gb?
- all i can say is, gb should be safe. but the problem is, how to get back to gb safely
can i flash a gb via pc odin?
- yes, you can. but again, no guarantee
is it safe to upgrade via pc odin or OTA?
- no one can assure u it is safe
- some ppl reported the phone bricked via OTA upgrade. maybe he was using a leaked one before but yet to confirm
it's only 5-10% failures so why should we concern about this?
- it's simple. u will only realize u r a victum after your phone bricked
- what we know is the number of ppl suffered. what we will know is the number of ppl who suffered avoidable issues after reading this post. but what we dono is how many lives we saved
my phone is working fine with LPY now. i cant see any problem
- as i said, u wont know what's next. perhaps u r lucky and i am lucky too, for now
what to do then?
- sorry, i want to know too. just wait and see what happen
so r u bxllshxting?
- i dont and wont mind if you think so. this is JUST A WARNING. you certainly have the final say whether to be alerted or simply ignore this post
* to moderators
even i will be banned, i will still post this to let ppl be aware about this