FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor View 10

Medion Lifetab p9514 Bricked

446 posts
Thanks Meter: 101

By GianniDPC, Senior Member on 13th May 2012, 08:55 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello, My friend played around with his tablet etc..

And now it is bricked its a Medion Lifetab p9514 so what it does it doesn't boot up it shows a black screen but the computer seems to recognize a driver ...

So is there any solution to fix this without sending it to medion (warranty)

13th May 2012, 09:44 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member

More
Any fast help ?
14th May 2012, 05:09 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
Bump
19th May 2012, 11:22 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member

More
Any help please ???????? -.-
We found something with NVflash (found some medion files) it works it flashed CWM we get the MEDION logo but then it doesn't do anything anymore (and NVflash says 'cwm flashed succesfully' can someone help please ? Any help appreciated
26th May 2012, 11:06 PM |#5  
Flag Europe
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thumbs up Yes You Can
Please follow the instructions on rooting without opening from the post
its in german. replace point with .
www point handy-faq point de /forum/medion_lifetab_p9514/231010-medion_lifetab_p9514_root_rooten.html

kpblaesing
30th December 2012, 12:05 AM |#6  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpblaesing

Please follow the instructions on rooting without opening from the post
its in german. replace point with .
www point handy-faq point de /forum/medion_lifetab_p9514/231010-medion_lifetab_p9514_root_rooten.html

kpblaesing

I followed the guide there to root the Lifetab (I even used a 32-bit version of Ubuntu), but it is now stuck in APX mode and I can't do anything with it. It can still be recognized by the terminal in Ubuntu, all the scripts work, but Nvflash comes up with an error saying that the bootloader cannot be downloaded.

Taking a second look at the information that the test.sh script brings up, shows that Nvflash says "permission denied" when trying to run. Everything else is fine. The above guide doesn't really detail what to do if you get stuck in APX mode, and all it says is you can get out of it if you rewrite the bootloader... but how do I do that?

I've been up all night trying to read German and broken English to try to fix this.
4th January 2013, 09:06 PM |#7  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 4,471

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainxenu

I followed the guide there to root the Lifetab (I even used a 32-bit version of Ubuntu), but it is now stuck in APX mode and I can't do anything with it. It can still be recognized by the terminal in Ubuntu, all the scripts work, but Nvflash comes up with an error saying that the bootloader cannot be downloaded.

Taking a second look at the information that the test.sh script brings up, shows that Nvflash says "permission denied" when trying to run. Everything else is fine. The above guide doesn't really detail what to do if you get stuck in APX mode, and all it says is you can get out of it if you rewrite the bootloader... but how do I do that?

I've been up all night trying to read German and broken English to try to fix this.

Hi there! Sorry, I only noticed this thread today. Hope you resolved your problem by now, if not I will help you out. Been in the same situation numeous times, panicky and angry and all.

So here is what you do.
1. First download this recovery folder by SattNEK: http://www.mediafire.com/download/v0...n/recovery.zip
2. Extract it in Linux
3. point your terminal to the folder
4. make sure your LT is charged
5. put LT it in APX mode (hold down power button for a few moments)
6. with "lsusb" command check that your LT gets recognized, if not repeat step 5
7. write these two lines in terminal:
Quote:

sudo ./nvflash -r --download 6 recovery.img
sudo ./nvflash -r --download 7 boot.img

Don't worry if it gets stuck, close the terminal and write in the other line, just be sure LT is USB-recognized.
8.then write this:
Quote:

sudo ./nvflash --bct flash.bct --bl bootloader.bin --download 4 bootloader.bin –go

9. LT should reboot normally.

I hope it works, you probably can't make it any worse than it is.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MMWolverine For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MMWolverine Ad-Free
12th March 2013, 09:30 PM |#8  

More
Tablet Lifetab p9514
Hi.

Please help me. i did as you say and am still stuck in apx mode on my Lifetab p9514,
i get ''permission deny'' when i follow your instructions in Ubuntu.
please, is there anyway you may be able to help me further in ubuntu or windows.

Thanks in adv.
17th March 2013, 06:15 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Hi, I was stuck with the same problem with my LT.
The procedure worked but now I'm stuck in a bootloop. May be a different problem though.

Did you try a chmod?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiloboy

Hi.

Please help me. i did as you say and am still stuck in apx mode on my Lifetab p9514,
i get ''permission deny'' when i follow your instructions in Ubuntu.
please, is there anyway you may be able to help me further in ubuntu or windows.

Thanks in adv.

8th August 2014, 10:39 AM |#10  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMWolverine

Hi there! Sorry, I only noticed this thread today. Hope you resolved your problem by now, if not I will help you out. Been in the same situation numeous times, panicky and angry and all.

So here is what you do.
1. First download this recovery folder by SattNEK: http://www.mediafire.com/?8aimaja0rx3bqej
2. Extract it in Linux
3. point your terminal to the folder
4. make sure your LT is charged
5. put LT it in APX mode (hold down power button for a few moments)
6. with "lsusb" command check that your LT gets recognized, if not repeat step 5
7. write these two lines in terminal:
Don't worry if it gets stuck, close the terminal and write in the other line, just be sure LT is USB-recognized.
8.then write this:
9. LT should reboot normally.

I hope it works, you probably can't make it any worse than it is.

Hi
Can you please reload recovery folder by SattNEK because link below is dead.
Thanks
8th August 2014, 01:13 PM |#11  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 4,471

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by markecpda

Hi
Can you please reload recovery folder by SattNEK because link below is dead.
Thanks

Done, link fixed.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)