CHANGELOG (for 2.2.0):
- On-screen keyboard in recovery! -- supports long press, backspace repeat, and swipe left deletes everything left of the cursor
- Name new backups and rename existing backups
- Rename files and folders in the file manager
- Pseudo-terminal emulator
- Support decrypting an encrypted data partition on Galaxy Nexus (enter password using keyboard)
- Backup archive splitting -- allows backup and restore of data partitions larger than 2GB
- Simplified XML layout support between resolutions
- Added dual storage selection radio buttons to zip install, backup, and restore pages
- Improved zip install compatibility
- Updated update-binary source code
- Numerous small bug fixes and improvements
The fastest and easiest way to install TWRP is to use the GooManager app:
Play Store Link
You can find more information and download links on our website!
If you have found a bug, please consider posting it to our github issues log. It's pretty much impossible for us to keep up with the more than 30 threads that we have for the devices that we "directly" support. If you have a significant problem that cannot be answered in this thread, your best bet is to PM me directly, contact us via our website, or find us in our IRC channel below. If you see someone that's struggling, feel free to point it out to us. We need your help to help us keep track of all of our devices! Thanks!
Live support is available via #twrp on Freenode with your IRC client or just click this link.
ORIGINAL POST (from May):
This is a work in progress.
TWRP (Team Win Recovery Project) 2.1 by TeamWin is an alternative recovery (instead of ClockworkMod) that is a good companion for Goo Manager. See this video for more info.
This is an experimental, mostly untested build of TWRP2 for entertainment purposes only. USE OR ATTEMPT TO USE ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK. It is intended for those who are willing to risk any and all damage, loss, and STD infection to their hardware, data, person, and associates resulting from this software. Do not attempt to use unless you understand and accept these risks.
Please note this is using the still-being-developed 3.x kernel.
I am including the raw .imgs which can be fastbooted or used on an SD (rename recovery.img.sdcard to recovery.img and put on SD in place of the existing version). Which I don't recommend doing of course, given the disclaimer above. Remember I don't have an NT so I haven't run this... ever.
Finally, this has not at all been put through any kind of paces. That's for you, assuming all the risks, to do. And report it back here for everyone's benefit.
Thanks to dees_troy, eyeballer and demetris_I & frustro for testing this. I'm busy the next few days, so I'm volunteering demetris_I, who has it running, to answer anyone's questions per his availability
6/12/12 - updated first post.. No binaries yet.. Can someone make one?
Updated 3.0 kernel to support new 512GB NTs (untested)
Updated twrp codebase to latest
Newer cm9 stuff as well
Use cmdline from u-boot.bin to determine max ram size.
fix device showing up as "B" to "NookTablet"
I can't remember. But it's betterer.