3,072 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,058

By skeevydude, Recognized Contributor on 15th May 2012, 04:38 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Update 2012\05\16
Removed blank bootmenu folder
Cleaned up init script, removed unsupported lines, added supported lines
Included SD Card Cache Tweak with 2048 value, to match io tweaks
**The lines weren't supported on Bravo Froyo Kernel, added new lines from /sys/block/mmcblk0/queue/iosched**
**If the removed lines are supported on GB Kernel, let me know and I'll make a zip for each kernel.**
**Just remove the last 2 lines of the init script if you don't want\need the SD Cache Tweak**

Update 2012\05\15
Removed Undervolt settings -- makes zip universal for Defy, Defy+, Bravo, and Milestone
SIO IO Scheduler now properly loads -- no market app needed now.

Original Post
I made this for the Motorola Bravo, but it should work just fine on the Defy.

This CWM compatible zip will install the DroidX smartassv2 and BOOSTEDassV2 cpu governors as well as the SIO Kernel Scheduler. While I've only tested this on CM9, it should work on ANY rom with init.d support and Defy 2nd-init Bootmenu....meaning all CM7\9 and Miui roms. I'm unsure if MS2Ginger and Stock Froyo have init.d support. It also undervolts the rom to [email protected], [email protected], and [email protected] Those values work fine with CM9 on my phone, meaning no fc's due from being too undervolted.

To install, simply flash the zip in cwn and you're done. Wiping Cache and Dalvik Cache isn't necessary.

To use the Governors, select the governor in the CM Performance Menu and select apply on boot, or use a CPU Governor program from the market. I recommend No Frills CPU Control --- its free, no ads, no bs permissions, and you can select the io scheduler.

To use the SIO Kernel Scheduler, install No Frills Cpu Control from the market and select SIO (or noop) from the bottom menu.

I haven't used SIO very much (5-10 mins now), but it seems to be working well. The noop scheduler works great, and is what I normally use; but I've always read good things about SIO (and wanted to use it), so I thought I'd include it as well.

I'd give thanks to the authors of the Governors and Schedulers, but I have no idea who wrote them....I only found them in Beanstown106's DroidX Miui V4 rom and they happen to work wonderfully on the Bravo.
Attached Files
File Type: zip DroidXGovernorsV2.1.zip - [Click for QR Code] (191.2 KB, 737 views)
File Type: zip DroidXGovernorsV2.2.zip - [Click for QR Code] (191.3 KB, 4533 views)
The Following 58 Users Say Thank You to skeevydude For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift skeevydude Ad-Free
15th May 2012, 05:18 AM |#2  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 872

Donate to Me
More
Testing...

Edit:I don't know what these two governors do... but I see them in the app...
bootmenu script entries are missing I'll try to edit...

here is a zip for defy plus phones with 4 clocks...
http://devhost.xda-developers.com/b0R

Sent from my MB526 using xda premium
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to hackergnome For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hackergnome Ad-Free
15th May 2012, 06:02 AM |#3  
Flag Moca
Thanks Meter: 118

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nogoodusername

Testing...

Sent from my MB526 using xda premium

They flashed fine?? as in the OP is says that it was tested on a bravo...
15th May 2012, 06:11 AM |#4  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Hot Springs

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hairo The Blue Mage

They flashed fine?? as in the OP is says that it was tested on a bravo...

I'm curious as well. I've tested the zip on Quarx2k's CM9 2012\05\12, and adb push tested on CM9 05\06, 05\09, and CM7 05\06 with no problems; but they were all done on a Bravo.

I also had damn good battery results with the BOOSTEDassV2 governor overclocked to [email protected], [email protected], [email protected] on CM9....they were better results than the stock settings undervolted with Conservative governor. I suppose it was due to CLK2 being used efficiently in my real world tests; I usually get around 60% usage in CLK1, 25%in CLK2, and15% in CLK3 --- not counting Deep Sleep Mode.

@nogoodusername
bootmenu script entries are missing I'll try to edit...

I'm not sure how to edit the bootmenu entries, or I would.

I also have the InteractiveX Governor, but its for the GB kernel only according to what little information I can find. Could never get it to load on the Bravo.....but the Bravo is a Froyo Kernel only device. I've attached it to this post, just remove the .txt extension....
Attached Files
File Type: txt cpufreq_interactivex.ko.txt - [Click for QR Code] (72.5 KB, 211 views)
15th May 2012, 06:21 AM |#5  
Flag Moca

More
It flashed fine, screene:

no problems until now, testing BOOSTEDassV2 at [email protected], [email protected], [email protected] on CM7 Whiterabbit edition...

can't tell if it's the placebo effect or everything is faster now...
15th May 2012, 06:24 AM |#6  
Flag Hot Springs

More
Quote:

It flashed fine, screene:

no problems until now, testing BOOSTEDassV2 at [email protected], [email protected], [email protected] on CM7 Whiterabbit edition...

can't tell if it's the placebo effect or everything is faster now...

Probably a little of both
15th May 2012, 06:32 AM |#7  
Flag Córdoba
Thanks Meter: 203

More
BOOSTEDassV2 Works awesome!

I've include that in my roms..
15th May 2012, 06:35 AM |#8  
Flag Moca

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeevy420

Probably a little of both

haven't tested the SIO Kernel Scheduler, cause i'm using setcpu (no Scheduler support, but freqs profiles support )

any app that has both of them??
15th May 2012, 06:51 AM |#9  
Flag Hot Springs

More
Quote:

haven't tested the SIO Kernel Scheduler, cause i'm using setcpu (no Scheduler support, but freqs profiles support )

Not that I'm aware of. I do know that the KickAssKernelizer can change the IO Scheduler....as well as other tweaks, but I've had good results with it on CM7 and 9. I use No Frills Cpu Control for the IO Changer and the Apply on Boot for IO and Governor. Also, MIUI doesn't have a "Performance Menu" which is why I found No Frills in the first place. I had bad results with V6Supercharger on CM9, but excellent results on CM7 (and yes I did the online CM9 patch for the Supercharger).

In the zip is an init script that's supposed to set the IO to sio, but it doesn't work. I'm gonna look into it tomorrow when I get off. I also use the same script to load the governors as well, so don't remove it. I first used /bootmenu/script/overclock.sh to load the governors, but smartassv2 wouldn't load up.

I also noticed a bug a few months back with CM7 where the bootmenu governor wouldn't behave correctly, which is why I use the CM Menu or No Frills apply on boot setting. The apply on boot causes the governor to be loaded and work right. Just don't pick the same governor in the bootmenu and Performance menu since it'll bug up as well. All this was true on CM7 in March and Early April. Haven't done much CM9 testing with the governor bug, but I get good results with the apply on boot method I use.
The Following User Says Thank You to skeevydude For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift skeevydude Ad-Free
15th May 2012, 06:57 AM |#10  
Flag Moca

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeevy420

Not that I'm aware of. I do know that the KickAssKernelizer can change the IO Scheduler....as well as other tweaks, but I've had good results with it on CM7 and 9. I use No Frills Cpu Control for the IO Changer and the Apply on Boot for IO and Governor. Also, MIUI doesn't have a "Performance Menu" which is why I found No Frills in the first place. I had bad results with V6Supercharger on CM9, but excellent results on CM7 (and yes I did the online CM9 patch for the Supercharger).

In the zip is an init script that's supposed to set the IO to sio, but it doesn't work. I'm gonna look into it tomorrow when I get off. I also use the same script to load the governors as well, so don't remove it. I first used /bootmenu/script/overclock.sh to load the governors, but smartassv2 wouldn't load up.

I also noticed a bug a few months back with CM7 where the bootmenu governor wouldn't behave correctly, which is why I use the CM Menu or No Frills apply on boot setting. The apply on boot causes the governor to be loaded and work right. Just don't pick the same governor in the bootmenu and Performance menu since it'll bug up as well. All this was true on CM7 in March and Early April. Haven't done much CM9 testing with the governor bug, but I get good results with the apply on boot method I use.

Ok, ill wait for the script fix
Keep it up!!

PD: no placebo, dead space worked better on BOOSTEDassV2, even with v6supercharger on balanced mode...
The Following User Says Thank You to Hairo The Blue Mage For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Hairo The Blue Mage Ad-Free
15th May 2012, 07:23 AM |#11  
Flag Hot Springs

More
Quote:

SimpleOverclock

Has Profile support, apply on boot support, changes io scheduler, changes governors. I hope this is what you're looking for. I think I may have a new OC app now.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to skeevydude For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift skeevydude Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)