..A DARKSIDE DEVELOPMENT..
PLEASE READ ENTIRE OP THOROUGHLY BEFORE ASKING ANY QUESTIONS OR REPORTING ANY BUGS
:: SUGGESTED RECOVERY ::
>>> CWM RECOVERY 220.127.116.11 - NON TOUCH <<<
FLASH IN CURRENT RECOVERY
I have created a flashable zip package that can be flashed in your current recovery. This package will install the ClockworkMOD Recovery 18.104.22.168 - NON Touch Recovery. I had to move away from my previous suggestion to use TWRP because too many reports of hard bricks. Whether its the recovery or user err, who knows? but I will not take the chance. So I am reverting back to what I know works, and will work with out any issues; good ol' ClockworkMOD Recovery 22.214.171.124 - NON Touch Recovery!
CLEAN, FAST, SMOOTH, & FULLY FUNCTIONAL !!!
- Enhanced/Optimized Stock ICS ROM - *VERY MINORvisual changes
- UVLE2 4.0.4 Based ROM (AT&T Leak)
- UVLE2 Stock Kernel (AT&T Leak)
- Rotation fix (@yaldak)
- Diamond Voice (@yaldak)
- No ECHO
- Zipalign on boot
- Removed lots of AT&T garbage code
- Modified ramdisk
- Init.d support
- Boot animation support
- 15 toggle mod (Thanks to @mohan_kr! You can thank him [HERE] @ his OP)
- 5x4x5 TouchWiz Modified Launcher
- Added Recovery & Download to Power Menu
- Enabled Internet Calling over WiFi and 3g/4g
- MMS Enhancements
- Battery Notification disabled
- DARKSIDE scripts
- sysrw/sysro scripts
- DARKSIDE Wallpapers
- ICS Gallery (Need to keep gallery3d for permissions and such)
- No AM/PM in statusbar
- download/recovery added to power menu
- SGS2 international shutdown/boot animation
- update framework
- init.d scripts
- DARKSIDE scripts
- updated lockscreen clock font (more ICS'ish)
- fix up statusbar
- fixed 3D Gallery for scrolling wallpaper support
- fixed touchwiz laucher for scrolling wallpaper support
- removed exchange security policy
- Minor changes/improvements to web browser
- framework adjsutments
- Transparent drop down background on statusbar
- Increased scrolling FPS
- Removed ATT contact sync
- Removed Yellow Pages from contact list
- CRT off animation
- Fixed WIFI Tethering
- Swapped send/attach buttons in MMS
- WIFI CALLING
- MMS OVER WIFI CALLING
- WIRELESS TETHER
- USB TETHER
- Compass: The polarity is reversed. To fix this, kernel source is required. We don't have that as of yet.
- New TouchWiz Launcher: Calendar widgets have issues. That is all
- GPS: Is just plain wonky. Sometimes its dead on and sometimes its a pain in the arse.
- Reboot/Shutdown Hangs: Flash the DARKSIDE.CACHE.WIPE from post #2
- DATA Toggle: The data toggle in the status bar drop down will stay stuck on even when data is killed. Not sure on this, doesnt happen all the time?
- Having issues with prolonged/wonky DATA connections??? You can always try resetting your radio in automatic mode. From the dialer, dial *#2263# and select  Automatic >  Automatic > press the physcal back button to exit. Wait a few minutes. This may or may not help the issue, this is not a guarantee. I do this everytime upon re-flashing, seems to correct any delayed data issue I have experienced. Its especially important to do this after flashing any radio.
Add flags to file name:
An adaptation of @waydownsouth's script, I have modified and created a script that allows for flexibility with how I can create and user can install a ROM. *PLEASE READ* this next section carefully and only proceed with a full understanding of what you are about to do. Ask any questions within the thread before doing so...
What each flag does:
- -naked = This will remove the most amount of TouchWiz/Samsung applications(BLOAT) possible without breaking anything. It will install APEX launcher for the default launcher.
- -newtw = This will remove the *OLD* TouchWiz UI and install teh *NEW* TouchWiz Nature UX launncher (see screenshots below). By not adding this flag you will get a retain the default *OLD* launcher.
- -notify100 = Re-enables the 100% battery notification, for those who want it.
- -volwake = Enables volume buttons to wake the device (Same as power button)
Adding flags to the file name:
If default file name is:
To have device run naked, removing even more bloat will achieve this. Add the -naked flag to end of file name:Code:DARKSIDE.UCLE2_BETA07_TDJ.zip
To flash a naked ROM and have volume wake, adding -naked and -volwake flag to end of file name:Code:DARKSIDE.UCLE2_BETA07_TDJ-naked.zip
Want just to use the *NEW* TouchWiz Nature UX launcher, add the -newtw flag to the end of the file name:Code:DARKSIDE.UCLE2_BETA07_TDJ-naked-volwake.zip
Get IT??? Its as simple as adding available flag to the end of the file name.Code:DARKSIDE.UCLE2_BETA07_TDJ-newtw.zip
- The file name must also contain no spaces or else it will not work!!
- The *NEW* TouchWiz Nature UX launcher will not work when using the naked flag.
Instructions on flashing DARKSIDE.EVOLUTION:
* FULL WIPE ALWAYS *
FLASH ONLY USING - ClockworkMod Recovery 126.96.36.199 - NON Touch Recovery
01. Download ROM (Link is Below)
02. BACKUP ALL APPS with preferred method (ie: Rom Toolbox, Titanium, My Backup, etc..)
03. Place ROM on ROOT of your SD card. (ie: /sdcard)
04. Boot into Recovery Mode
05. Do a NAND BACKUP!!!
06. Flash DARKSIDE.SUPER.WIPE (OPTIONAL - ROM will do this by default)
07. Flash an ICS ready radio (Links below)
08. Flash ROM.
09. After flashing is complete, Reboot...
10. Let device sit for 10min without touching, then reboot.
Please don't start flashing any mods that were not done by me! Unless the mod was specifically made for this rom, with parts from this rom. Don't flash any radios unless they're specifically for ICS, the ril from gb roms will cause phone not to boot.
I know that ICS is new and a lot of people are unfamiliar. You must read! Please don't think ICS is anything similar to gingerbread.
My Change Log:
DARKSIDE.UCLE2 [6.04.2012] [BETA07.1] * Fixed the APN's I borked :D My BAD! - All syncing over network resolved.. DARKSIDE.UCLE2 [6.03.2012] [BETA07] * Added a few flags for install (see above: Add flags to file name) * Fixed up new TouchWiz Laucher * Killed off keyboard lag (please report back on this) * Played around with GPS files (Not sure if this helped or not, report back on it) * Adjusted mem killer to be far less aggressive. * Adjusted DARKSIDE scripts * Added a working DSP manager from cm9. lets see how roms pop up with this now ;) * Added Swype's newest beta. enable it in kb settings or unistall it if you dont like * Added New AccuWeather Clock Widget from SGSIII * Other stuff I will add when I remember... my bad :( [/B]DARKSIDE.UCLE2 [5.23.2012] [BETA06] * Added new TouchWiz Laucher * Resized new TouchWiz Launcher * Added Wallpaper scrolling to new TouchWiz Launcher * Reconfigured new TouchWiz Launcher > JUST noticed a bug after upload. White text on white background when selecting wallpapers > Also a bug with setting lock screen wallpapers. > I ALREADY KNOW.. dont need to report it.. * Added Flipboard * Fixed up statusbar drop down * Minor visual changes throughout * Adjusted DARKSIDE scripts to help with battery * Added ne LDE radio to thread * Added new DARKSIDE.SUPER.WIPE to thread > Cleaned up/Sped up * I forget??? DARKSIDE.UCLE2 [5.20.2012] [BETA05] * Fixed GPS across all radios. Fast locks and accurate! (Tested on LB7, KID, VK1. Links below in RADIOS section. All RILS removed) * Minor UI changes DARKSIDE.UCLE2 [5.18.2012] [BETA04] * Added 15 toggle mod (Thanks to @mohan_kr! You can thnak him [HERE]) * Fixed call echo - I REALLY HOPE ONCE AND FOR ALL! * Reverted speakerphone volume fix (Cant have it all today. Will work on this some more) DARKSIDE.UCLE2 [5.18.2012] [BETA03] * Fixed camcorder *audio* recording issues * Fixed speakerphone volume level - TEST AND LET ME KNOW :D * Fixed APN - can adjust now DARKSIDE.UCLE2 [5.17.2012] [BETA02] * Fixed adb * Fixed GPS *Use Blaze 4g LB7 ICS Radio* * Fixed DATA connectivity *Use Blaze 4g LB7 ICS Radio* * Remapped VM button to T-Mobile Visual Voicemail in dialer DARKSIDE.UCLE2 [5.16.2012] [BETA01] * Initial Release
>>> DOWNLOAD <<<>>> DARKSIDE.UCLE2 BETA07.1 <<<
md5: 9dd75f2e722ee8f8886cabe50ea7f592THIS WILL SUPER.WIPE BY DEFAULT! BACK UP YOUR APPS!
>>> RADIOS/TOOLS/MODS MOVED TO [POST #2] <<<
you underestimate the power of the DARKSIDE