FORUMS

[Guide] N7000 ICS 4.0.3 ZSLPF Install + Root + SuperSU

33,418 posts
Thanks Meter: 67,806

By dr.ketan, Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor on 17th May 2012, 06:53 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
18th May 2012, 04:32 AM |#21  
Flag Wallasey, Wirral
Thanks Meter: 5

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by brangko

Thx Ketan,I'll try to update later, btw obvious question, this is stock firmware right?? So it won't raise binary counter.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

Yes, This is stock firmware. No Triangles!! :D

Samsung Galaxy Note - N7000 - Kingston 16GB Class 10 MicroSD
Running N7000ZSLPF / N7000XXLR1

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA
18th May 2012, 04:37 AM |#22  
Flag Wallasey, Wirral
Thanks Meter: 5

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by incisivekeith

I completely agree it's hard to rely on posts in a massive thread especially when hardly anyone pastes clear steps they followed.

I am tempted to flash the new ROM, but want to make sure I'm doing this right. I have rooted LPY stock ICS which I rooted using the prices ROM, and want to understand if I need to do anything before following the steps in OP to flash this ROM. If yes, what are those steps? Thanks.

You won't need any other steps before following Dr. ketans Guide as the LPF wipes your phone. So its a fresh start.

Just make sure you Backup before hand. And then you'll be ready to go through the steps in OP.

The Following User Says Thank You to sean1983 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sean1983 Ad-Free
18th May 2012, 06:33 AM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 77

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean1983

You won't need any other steps before following Dr. ketans Guide as the LPF wipes your phone. So its a fresh start.

Just make sure you Backup before hand. And then you'll be ready to go through the steps in OP.

Thanks, I flashed the new ROM by following exactly the instructions posted in the OP. For the record I had a stock LPY ICS (German) ROM which was rooted with an odexed ROM.

I rooted the new LPF ROM, but I don't see the new touch version of CWM. I did see it when I flashed busybox, but later when I went to recovery, I see the stock recovery. What's going on there?
18th May 2012, 06:59 AM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Just want to report that following dr.ketan's instructions I flashed this new stock firmware in less than 5 minutes, plus another 1 minute for getting root. Full wipe without an issue. No CF kernel flashed yet and probably not going to.

With regard to the sudden increase in the number of soft/hard/super bricks, I think it is reasonable to say that we can't say for sure if it is a Samsung / kernel bug because almost every individual's phone could have a different rom flashing history (it could be a combination of rom flashing activities with particular roms/kernel/custom stuff).

I don't have any major issue with the previous LPY + CF kernel. My rom update history is like this:

stock KJ6 (I think, Poland version)
-> rooted using dr.ketan's instructions + CF
-> flashed stock LC1 using mobile odin pro (with ever root)
-> flashed CF kernel using mobile odin pro
-> flashed LPY + CF kernel using mobile odin pro (resulted in boot loop, fixed by flashing PIT + KJ6 using PC odin; could have avoided this if I hard reset first before flashing LPY.)
-> from KJ6, full wiped, then flashed LPY + CF kernel using mobile odin pro (then full wipe! Ever since, no single issue found and great battery life)
-> too afraid of the potential bricking as reported, so flashed this new HK firmware using PC Odin (followed dr.ketan's instructions)
-> rooted this rom by go into stock recovery and flashed CWM, then BusyBox, then SuperSU (followed dr.ketan's instructions)

Personally I think flashing a wipe stock rom using PC Odin is the safest way of going back to full stock kernel and firmware.[COLOR="Silver"]
18th May 2012, 07:29 AM |#25  
OP Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag Gujarat

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodm7sn

I know its been asked allover the place , but to be honest, i cant find a "right" answer through all those messy threads with barely 1 useful answer from a 30 page thread.....

Please Dr.ketan , i am on LPY (stock rooted using MobileOdin everoot) , but since there is this massive panic about LPY kernel i want to switch to LFP.....

so , my question is , is it safe to flash LPF on my LPY using your guide ??? or do i have to downgrade to GB (which im hesitated about as well ) ??

thx for the help doc.

I have answer some other place too
I was on LPY N flashed directly to LPF
Installation steps are same, the way i did it.
18th May 2012, 07:33 AM |#26  
OP Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag Gujarat

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by brangko

Thx Ketan,I'll try to update later, btw obvious question, this is stock firmware right?? So it won't raise binary counter.

Yes it is stock completely, you can flash without raising counter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by handfish

Personally I think flashing a wipe stock rom using PC Odin is the safest way of going back to full stock kernel and firmware.[COLOR="Silver"]

Obviously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by incisivekeith

but want to make sure I'm doing this right. I have rooted LPY stock ICS which I rooted using the odexed ROM, and want to understand if I need to do anything before following the steps in OP to flash this ROM. If yes, what are those steps? Thanks.

You don't need to do anything special prior to flash.
Just follow instruction as on OP
18th May 2012, 07:57 AM |#27  
Flag Chiang Rai
Thanks Meter: 119

More
Since this is a full wipe ROM, is it OK to restore apps and data from Titanium?
Or is better to install the apps from the market, and then just restore the data from Titanium?

I'm just wondering whether some of the problems on LPY with the phone not going to sleep and other issues may be due to some apps not being installed properly, or there being differences in the way they install depending on the ROMs.
18th May 2012, 08:02 AM |#28  
Flag Jakarta
Thanks Meter: 49

More
Thumbs up
Thanks Ketan, your instructions work like a charm.

This new software release is awesome, no wife issues, network signal is much stronger, ui is smother, overall excellent Rom, Modem, Kernel & much more.

Im sure all the chefs must be busy in the kitchen cooking something up, have fun guys i know your new roms are gonna rock.
18th May 2012, 08:09 AM |#29  
Flag Berlin
Thanks Meter: 81

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean1983

Yes, This is stock firmware. No Triangles!! :D

i just want to ask one question to clarify:
can i flash every official ROM from Samsung with Odin without raising the counter?
(i searched the forum but cant find a clear answer)
18th May 2012, 08:12 AM |#30  
Flag L.A
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by garytube

i just want to ask one question to clarify:
can i flash every official ROM from Samsung with Odin without raising the counter?
(i searched the forum but cant find a clear answer)

Yes. U can flash all official roms countless time without raising the counter and getting the yellow triangle.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ashren81 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ashren81 Ad-Free
18th May 2012, 08:22 AM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 597

More
I would love to try this one and dont have problem with the guides. Just want to wanna know first, with boot loader included when flashing this rom if I wanna go back to my custom lp6 custom rom or gb nandroid back up can I still revert or no? Also coming from this rom would I be able to flash LpF custom rom in the future? Thanks

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)