UPGRADING FROM ALPHA 4 OR LOWER REQUIRES A DATA WIPE!!!
For a list of features added to ICS please go to the Android website: http://www.android.com/about/ice-cream-sandwich/
Also any of the CyanogenMod features you know and love from CM7 are in here too plus a few extras
Also, as this is beta, pretty much everything is working but a few things are not. The stability of the ROM is so-so at times. Unfortunately I can't do much about it.
- MMS is working!
- Added dock settings (not sure if it works yet)
- Added Mashup to build by default (thanks to Balltounge for the props)
- Camera (see known issues for details)
- Data Usage (optional for ALPHA 4 ONLY, not on by default, see section below)
- WIFI **NEW FOR MX2!!! SEE PATCH BELOW***
- Tethering (see known issues)
- HQ and LQ Youtube (used to be a problem)
- And a lot of little things
Besides a whole lot more of a lot of little things:
- Graphics memory sometimes runs out: as we are on less RAM the memory management is a bit whack. Sometimes while rotating an app (noticeably the browser) it will "twitch" and crash. Also systemserver (the main background service) will crash and Android will restart (rarely).
- Chrome beta doesn't work: it also requires kernel mods which I haven't messed with yet.
- NOTE ABOUT CAMERA: Camera works where as camcorder doesn't. All of the features of the camera section work though.
- USB Tethering doesn't work: This is an issue on all MotoTegra devices right now I believe.
This can be installed over CM7/CM9 or BLUR but you MUST wipe data and cache if on a build of CM9 before Alpha 5. Also do NOT (I repeat) do NOT use TiBu to backup data from CM7/BLUR. I don't want to hear about how that doesn't work.
- READ THE ENTIRE POST
- Download the links provided below
- Install the BSR (patched if on CM7/CM9)
- Reboot into the BSR
- NANDROID <--- you'll probably want to go back to this
- Install the CM9 zip from the SD Card MX2 Users Go to the MX2 Thread for the Patched CM9 zip once it has been updated to Beta 1
- MX2 ONLY! Install the WiFi Driver zip from the SD Card
- Install the GAPPS from the SD Card
- Wipe both DATA and CACHE (no need to wipe Dalvik if you wipe both of these)
- Reboot your phone
- Enjoy CM9 Beta 1
Data usage works with Alpha 4 to some extent. It will start to monitor your data usage through your 3G radio. What it doesn't do yet is monitor WiFi usage, allow you to reset your usage, track which apps are using data, and allow data warnings/cutoffs. Seems like a lot that doesn't work, but baby steps. A problem however occurs whenever Android crashes. If it does, the boot logo will show and eventually will completely crash the phone and restart. This is an issue with the kernel mods causing a panic when already installed and trying to get a 3G connection. As of now I don't know how to fix this and as such I'm having the download separate.
This requires adb or root explorer to use and needs to overwrite the file of the same name in /system/etc.
Also, if you would like (but not needed) to donate, see the donate button by my name. Gas/food money goes a long way
REQUIRED (even if updating) Google Apps (GAPPS): http://goo-inside.me/google-apps. Download the latest version of them for here and check the MD5 sums from there also.
WIPE DATA/CACHE IF UPDATING FROM ALPHA 4 OR LOWER!
CyanogenMod 9-20120814-Daytona Beta1: http://devhost.xda-developers.com/q7B
As before with Alpha 5, Beta 1 is still mostly stable, but will benefit greatly with the use of V6 Supercharger.
Milestone X2 WiFi Patch (for all versions of CM9): http://devhost.xda-developers.com/Pdy
CyanogenMod 9-210120716-Daytona Alpha 5: http://devhost.xda-developers.com/xPv
CyanogenMod 9-20120613-Daytona Alpha 4: http://devhost.xda-developers.com/AWI
Alpha 4 Data Usage (NOT A BSR PATCH, SEE ABOVE): http://devhost.xda-developers.com/68s
CyanogenMod 9.0.0 RC0 Daytona Alpha 3: http://www.mediafire.com/?77iy4f7rlr0036m
MD5 sum: ce776352f481c8be67296ac3e09abe77
Updated to "stable" release of CM9 (though we're not 100% stable yet)
CM9 Features/Translations updated
WAY more stable than Alpha 4
Mashup added by default
Dock settings added
Removed dual USB notifications
SD Card Apps (should) work now (tested with Temple Run)
Few little things
More CM9 features (themes, lockscreen enhancements, music app)
Alpha 3 (first public release):
Minor stability update
Few CM9 features added
Graphics capabilities updated
Added pictures to MMS.apk's notifications (now officially in CM9, AOKP, and Codenamed: Android) Yay me!
First boot into ICS/CM9