FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor View 10

[ROM]BuROM v0.2, SLIGHTLY Modded Stock 2.3.4 v21y

1,959 posts
Thanks Meter: 648

By buru898, Senior Member on 19th May 2012, 06:33 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
This ROM is based off of kwes's Rooted Stock v21y ROM plus a few tweaks here or there. In the screenshots are the slightly modified Arc'd theme and I added my Touch of ICS theme which also has the CRT off animation.

Features added by kwes1020:
v21y 2.3.4 update
Root -unsecured boot.img
init.d support
deodexed (was already that way in the update)
zipaligned

Little tweaks by me:
Increased VM heap size to 64mb
Added a few tweaks to build.prop
LED lights will now be on the lowest brightness at bootup (thanks to lotherius's script)
Changed SD read-ahead speed to 2048
Removed bloatware that 90% of people don't use
Deleted gallery3d and replaced with quickpic (MUCH better)

HOW TO INSTALL: (Taken from Kwes1020's original thread)
To install:
1. Reboot into cwm
2. Wipe data/factory reset
3. Go to advanced>wipe dalvik cache
4. Go to mounts and storage>format /system.
5. Go to install zip from SD card.
6. Install the zip and reboot.

You can also dirty flash this on top of kwes1020's rooted stock ROM, but make sure you still reboot once before applying the theme!!

HOW TO INSTALL EDITED ARC'D THEME: (has to be done this way)
You MUST first go through the initial setup screen
Boot back into CWM
Flash theme
Reboot

Once again on installing the theme... first format system/factory reset, then flash the buruROM, reboot, go through the initial setup, then go back into cwm, and flash the theme.

You can also do a dirty flash of this ROM over the stock 2.3.4 ROM as long as it's the one kwes has posted.

Will you see a performance increase?
Eh, probably not? I mean maybe... but nothing too big I don't think. This is mainly for me just to do something when I have free time... and also for some of you crack-flashers that have this to hold onto until kwes finishes/releases his ROM.

DOWNLOAD BuROM v0.2.

NOTES:
I recommend using the Touch of ICS theme/CRT off animation theme just because it uses the original number of files from stock instead of UOT Kitchen adding a crap-load that aren't necessary... MAYBE it'll be a speed increase.

One bug I've noticed is the charging animation will always show you having like 10% battery but don't worry, you're phone IS CHARGING and nothing is wrong lol... that's the only bug I've noticed so far, oh and that the battery is in increments of 5%.

Link changed to Google Drive instead of Media Fire and I decided that BuROM is the best name lol.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-05-18 19.32.30.jpg
Views:	7631
Size:	21.7 KB
ID:	1069871   Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-05-18 19.32.48.jpg
Views:	6869
Size:	29.8 KB
ID:	1069872  
Attached Files
File Type: zip Arcd_TofICS_2.3.4v1.zip - [Click for QR Code] (3.41 MB, 1116 views)
File Type: zip BuROM_TofICS_Off_Animation.zip - [Click for QR Code] (3.45 MB, 904 views)
The Following 30 Users Say Thank You to buru898 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift buru898 Ad-Free

19th May 2012, 06:34 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Cranston, RI

Donate to Me
More
Reserved just in case...

And also, I couldn't think of a neat name (like bionix, or eagle's blood, or tsugi) for the ROM... so just did something generic. I'm bad with making up names.
19th May 2012, 06:36 AM |#3  
Flag Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 3,139

Donate to Me
More
pretty cool that you are learning a lot so quickly! I've been thinking of going to 2.3.4 again... maybe after I buy a bunch of spare batteries for the phone. Good job though Buru.
19th May 2012, 07:08 AM |#4  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 157

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt3g

pretty cool that you are learning a lot so quickly! I've been thinking of going to 2.3.4 again... maybe after I buy a bunch of spare batteries for the phone. Good job though Buru.

Thanks for the rom and I have an idea, have a contest / poll and pick the best name. What you think?

Sent from my LG-P999 using xda premium
19th May 2012, 07:17 AM |#5  
Flag Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 3,139

Donate to Me
More
Best idea in my opinion.

The Following User Says Thank You to mt3g For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mt3g Ad-Free
19th May 2012, 07:22 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 234

More
more the merrier. Awesome job, dude.
A request: Can you upload it on your Gdrive also. I don't know why but mediafire doesn't wanna open on my phone browser. =(
19th May 2012, 07:48 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Cranston, RI

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by moeahmad1995

Thanks for the rom and I have an idea, have a contest / poll and pick the best name. What you think?

Hah sure, some people can post some name suggestions... but honestly don't know how more "modded" this ROM can get... MAYBE if I look into actual developing like smali and that complicated stuff... but we'll see... but the name buruROM is pretty catchy haha although my friend hated the name ;p.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricketAC

A request: Can you upload it on your Gdrive also. I don't know why but mediafire doesn't wanna open on my phone browser. =(

Have no idea what google drive is... googled it, love it, installing it and going to upload and update the OP ;p.

Also, how I found out how to get stuff from mediafire.com through the phone is getting Boat Browser, setting user agent to firefox, then it should work. If it saves as a .txt then just rename it to .zip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mt3g

Haha thanks... I'm just really adept at learning/reading/common sense lol.
19th May 2012, 02:25 PM |#8  
Flag San Diego
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cricketAC

Try opening the site and under browser options click "request desktop site". I have to do it also anytime I want to download from my phone on ics, might work for you too.

Sent from my LG-P999 using XDA
19th May 2012, 03:30 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
I was having problems with mediafire too I set user agent to Ipad in dolphin browser, that works for me. Thanks for the ROM I'll try it out later.

19th May 2012, 04:32 PM |#10  
ATL, GA
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by buru898

Hah sure, some people can post some name suggestions... but honestly don't know how more "modded" this ROM can get... MAYBE if I look into actual developing like smali and that complicated stuff... but we'll see... but the name buruROM is pretty catchy haha although my friend hated the name

One mod I would like to see is reboot/ reboot into recovery in the shut down menu. Good job buru!

19th May 2012, 04:47 PM |#11  
Flag London,ON
Thanks Meter: 70

More
Hey buru,thanks bro for your ROM,i have question for everyone,did you notice battery life improvement?as i tried kewes ROM but drained alot of battery.
So i had to downgrade to Juli 15 baseband to try another GB ROMs once again. Thanks buru again

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)