FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

can't edit vold.fstab

131 posts
Thanks Meter: 7

By rasdabess, Senior Member on 21st May 2012, 02:33 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I'm trying to edit vold.fstab to make my main storage my internal storage, but when ever I try to save it with Astro, Astro closes saying "Unfortunately, ASTRO has stopped." With another file manager, when I try to save it says Error, cannot be saved So it isn't from the file manager but idk, any help on how I can save it without a problem?

Basically, how can I allow it to save without crashing/error/having a problem, ive heard of something called fixing permissions, should I do that?

21st May 2012, 04:59 PM |#2  
Flag Chesterbrook
Thanks Meter: 103

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rasdabess

I'm trying to edit vold.fstab to make my main storage my internal storage, but when ever I try to save it with Astro, Astro closes saying "Unfortunately, ASTRO has stopped." With another file manager, when I try to save it says Error, cannot be saved So it isn't from the file manager but idk, any help on how I can save it without a problem?

Basically, how can I allow it to save without crashing/error/having a problem, ive heard of something called fixing permissions, should I do that?

Which ROM are you using?
21st May 2012, 05:50 PM |#3  
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 59

Donate to Me
More
I would use Root Explorer if I were you. It is the most robust file manager app I have and the built in editor has no problems reading and saving these files. It also makes automatic backups of the file you are editing so that you can revert at any time. I definitely say it is worth the money.
21st May 2012, 08:41 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Its fine now. Ty

Sent from my LG-P999 using XDA
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)