This thread contains the developing/porting stages for the Ice Cream Sandwich / CyanogenMod9 ROM, brought to you by adlx.xda. Therefore all the credits regarding this should go to him. Thanks man for making this device better for each one of us!
Please note that the 2nd post is reserved by adlx for future use. Keep an eye out there. In the meantime I will manage the QA and provide assistance as much as possible.
NOTE: I am using the ROM on a daily basis.
2nd NOTE: This ROM is far from stable, it's still under high development by the CM team. Please report all of your findings in the thread as suggested below.
3rd NOTE: Please keep the thread clean of off-topic. Questions like "when is the next release?","When is the front camera fixed?" and so on will not be tolerated.
Release notes for 20120724:
- Better support for german/french/spanish keyboards
- Updated CM9 sources
Release notes for 20120628:
1. Back camera now works for taking pictures!! (Thanks ASN)
* 663ffbe Update kernel
-- * de98300 (dev-ics) mach-msm: Remove unsused pmem_camera device.
* a72dcba libcamera: fix error in log messages
* ff89a20 overlay: Camera: Fix Camera rotation
* ca5e34e camera: replace HAL with HAL from ZTE Blade
* dfcb776 overlay: Phone: fix incoming caller id not showing
* 3b04579 firmware: Update bcm4329 firmware.
* f413e3d overlay: Fix MMS UA string and profile
Release notes for 20120605-1548:
10. Network drops when proximity sensors are activated
12. Physical keyboard and soft menu keys backlight doesn't work unless you have specific brightness settings
13. Android terminal emulator cannot open /dev/tty (permissions)
* d21f674 (HEAD, ics) overlay: Allow to enable electronbeam screen on animation.
* 1b8f350 prop: Use better values for scrolling.
* 67ff36c board: Add adreno texture support.
* b17137c include: Add missing define for build.
* c9f2480 add cm_chacha-userdebug combo
* fcf988d Update kernel
* 204316d (HEAD, dev-ics) config: update Chacha config
* 825fd8d drivers: Fix msm camera msm_pmem_frame_ptov_lookup() lookup.
* b21dee7 Replace ramzswap with zram
* dc52916 Add HTC TP Calibration
* 573868d mach-msm: Add some more memory for kgsl-3d0.
* 7d7a423 Bluetooth: Fix kernel hci_dev_open timeout reset
* 6b0d2d5 mach-msm: Remove unsused pmem_camera device.
* 00631e3 arm: Change frequency table to have more sane values.
* aeb552e drivers: Update usb gadget
* 3559598 (ics) config: chacha, add NETFILTER_XT_MATCH_QTAGUID
* d9e042e overlay: adjust auto brightness backlight values
* 38c861e ueventd: Fix permission for tty access
* df18a96 Document dependencies
* dec30f4 overlay: Phone fix proximity behaviour
- Reboot Into CWM Recovery
- Wipe data, wipe cache
- Flash ROM .zip file
- Flash Google Apps
Please report your other findings in this thread, in a similar matter:
1. Front camera is not working
Workaround: not available.
Suggestions: none; avoid switching to front camera.
Steps to reproduce: Open camera -> Switch to front camera.
2. Volume panel switching causes a crash in Trebuchet
Suggestions: Use it once or twice maximum.
Steps to reproduce: Settings -> Sound -> Volume panel -> Change through all the settings. After each change press OK. Trebuchet will crash.
3. Key X is not working
As with the CM and SuperOSR builds, bear in mind that the keyboard it comes with might be other than for your region.
Workaround: new mappings.
Suggestions: as with the other thread, post your CID, use KeyEventDisplay to post the keycodes and it will get fixed..
4. Wi-Fi Scan button does nothing
Workaround: Wi-Fi Off - Wi-Fi On.
Steps to reproduce: Settings -> Wi-Fi -> Scan -> No results (new results).
5. Movie Studio is not working
6. Wifi cannot lock on hidden hotspots
Symptom: wifi won't lock on hidden hotspot
Workaround: unhide the hotspot so the phone locks. You can hide it back after this. If you leave away from the wifi but keep the phone wifi on, it will relock once you are back
Steps to reproduce: Phone wifi off -> Hide hotspot SSID -> phone wifi on (it won't lock)
7. Sometimes mobile data seems to get off
Workaround: you have to go to mobile networks and switch it off and on again
8. No PIN code input is shown
Description: When the SIM is locked and the PIN screen is shown, entering input will not display any characters.
Workaround: None at the moment. Input is still active but it is not shown.
Suggestion: Carefully type in your PIN and continue.
9. Voice Search is not working
Description: When starting the Voice Search app, it will crash without any further explanation.
Workaround: Check this post here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=171
It's proven to work, I personally performed the same thing, with one exception, I downloaded Google's Voice Search from Play Store.
Steps to reproduce: Add the Google Search widget to your screen -> Press the voice button
Summary (for example "Camera is not working")
Workaround: the exact steps for the workaround or "none"
Suggestions: personal suggestions regarding the issue. Anything could go in here, which could lead to different discussion and improvements.
Steps to reproduce: the exact steps to reproduce. I'll give you an example now. Let's say that the Trebuchet application crashes when adding more than 7 home screens. For this you must already have your phone booted, so we can skip this from the steps. The precise steps to reproduce should be the following:
Steps to reproduce: Menu soft key -> System settings -> Launcher -> Homescreen -> Homescreens -> Increase to 7 -> OK.
Another example, while booting, let's say that the phone gets stuck in bootloading animation after setting the Default screen to a number that is not available (you have 5 and you set it to 6).
Steps to reproduce: Menu soft key -> System settings -> Launcher -> Homescreen -> Default screen -> Set to 6 -> OK -> Reboot phone.
More screens below.