S4 optimized games for ONE X

Search This thread

tarick09

May 10, 2012
Toronto
Since, i find all over the internet all HTC One X games optimized for Tegra 3, there is no such thing as for our S4 Chipset.

If you guys find any list it here, maybe we can continue this thread as a list of S4 optimized games for ONE X.

List of HD games that are working, not s4 exclusive though, shows off some graphical power of your HOX

1. Shine Runner
  2. Riptide
  3. Fruit Ninja PiB
  4. Inertia: Escape Velocity HD
  5. Samurai Vengeance II
  6. Cordy
  7. Sleepy Jack
  8. NBA Jam
  9. Sega Virtua Tennis
  10. Shadowgun
  11. Cut the Rope HD
  12. Where is my water

Last edited:

mesasone

Jul 14, 2010
Eastern Iowa
I suppose the obvious title would be Shadowgun, which does look downright impressive on even with the non-Tegra 3 version, but here are a few other games I've been playing a bit on my One X:

Inertia: Escape Velocity HD Really awesome platformer, looks good and plays great on the One X. My only complaint is that even after paying $3.99 for the "full" HD version, there are still level packs to buy in the game! Lame! Still, a very awesome game and there is also a free/"lite" version if you don't want to shell out a few bucks for the so called "full" version.

Samurai Vengeance II This game is a bit older, but I'm just finally getting around to playing it. There is a THD version for Tegra2 devices, but the "standard" version looks awesome on the One X. I really don't see how a Tegra version could look any better. Pretty fun gameplay too.

Cordy Looks and runs great on the One X. Performance wasn't quite there when I tried playing on my Captivate, but it's a lot of fun on the One X with the really fluid performance.

Sleepy Jack From the same developers as Cordy. A shooter-on-rails of sorts.

I really am impressed with the quality of the gaming experience on mobile phones these days. Just a few years ago, I never would have imagined we'd be playing such awesome, and relatively sophisticated, games and yet here we are - the hardware capabilities are just growing exponentially.

Last edited:

irishnation09

Mar 8, 2011
Where's my water loads faster on this phone than any other android I've used.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

tarick09

May 10, 2012
Toronto
I suppose the obvious title would be Shadowgun, which does look downright impressive on even with the non-Tegra 3 version, but here are a few other games I've been playing a bit on my One X:

Inertia: Escape Velocity HD Really awesome platformer, looks good and plays great on the One X. My only complaint is that even after paying $3.99 for the "full" HD version, there are still level packs to buy in the game! Lame! Still, a very awesome game and there is also a free/"lite" version if you don't want to shell out a few bucks for the so called "full" version.

Samurai Vengeance II This game is a bit older, but I'm just finally getting around to playing it. There is a THD version for Tegra2 devices, but the "standard" version looks awesome on the One X. I really don't see how a Tegra version could look any better. Pretty fun gameplay too.

Cordy Looks and runs great on the One X. Performance wasn't quite there when I tried playing on my Captivate, but it's a lot of fun on the One X with the really fluid performance.

Sleepy Jack From the same developers as Cordy. A shooter-on-rails of sorts.

I really am impressed with the quality of the gaming experience on mobile phones these days. Just a few years ago, I never would have imagined we'd be playing such awesome, and relatively sophisticated, games and yet here we are - the hardware capabilities are just growing exponentially.

Thanks all. Added to the list of games working. Cordy is beautiful btw

Last edited:

angelofmusic

Nov 7, 2007
SAN DIEGO
Totally lagging!

Hey guys, my AT&T One X seems to lag quite a bit during games. Does this happen to you?

In Cordy, it will drop a few frames, making the movement barely fluid.
In Temple Run, it will often freeze, in game, to where I lose!
In Osmos, It will drop frames badly!

What is the deal here! Antutu and quadrant show this phone kicking arse. But I have NOT been impressed with the crappy Adreno GPU!

Does any one else know what I am talking about? Does this just have to do with optimization?

MX player won't work in HW rendering at all! Software rendering is sooo slow and buggy! What is happening????

xhao1108

May 14, 2012
Hey guys, my AT&T One X seems to lag quite a bit during games. Does this happen to you?

What is the deal here! Antutu and quadrant show this phone kicking arse. But I have NOT been impressed with the crappy Adreno GPU!

Does any one else know what I am talking about? Does this just have to do with optimization?

MX player won't work in HW rendering at all! Software rendering is sooo slow and buggy! What is happening????

if you are not playing a MP4 file, MX player obviously cannot enter HW acceleration....

talking about the adreno...it actually served me well...720p mkv with .ass subtile runs just fine in MX player, and for games like shadowgun and NFS hot persuit it has performed flawlessly....I'm running a rogers device, so I don't know what AT&T did to their phones.

lessthanzach

May 23, 2008
Redding, CA
At&t didn't do anything besides add bloat that is easily disabled. My phone runs great with every game you mentioned. There was a point in which my main homescreen page was so choppy it was unbearable. I removed the weather widget, rebooted and noticed there was a gallery icon that was somehow hidden behind the weather widget. Removed it, re added the widget, everything is peachy keen again.

Sent from my Supercharged and KaK'd HTC One X

mesasone

Jul 14, 2010
Eastern Iowa

I've played all these games, and have not experienced the issues you describe.

Artood2s

Jun 4, 2007
I gotta say for as great as this phone is the game support really sucks. no nova tiger woods or mass effect?

This should pick up soon I believe. In the US, most of the top end phones will be running on the S4 this year. Too big of a market to pass up I think.

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA

jburkco

May 14, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
Multiple Games are listed as being compatible now but they just crash on launch and still have the software menu button instead of integrating it into the app. Blah.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

xhao1108

May 14, 2012
Asphalt 6 just got officially released by gameloft for Evita (our one x AT&T/Rogers)...anyone want to try it out and see if it has the cheap three dot menu which n.o.v.a. 2 has?

Top Liked Posts