HTC Sensation/XE/4G Super Utility by kgs1992
THIS UTILITY HAS BEEN FEATURED ON THE PORTAL!
NO LONGER SUPPORTED
I no longer own a HTC Sensation, nor do I have the time required to provide help and support personally.
v8.0 is the last increment for this utility. You may still use the utility at your own discretion.
:::: What does this do? ::::
This tool provides a very simple & easy way for any of these:
*devices implies HTC Sensation/XE/4G wherever used in this post/thread
- Reboot your device normally, or to bootloader or recovery.
- S-OFF for Hboot ≤1.18 devices using Revolutionary
- S-OFF for Hboot 1.2x devices using JuopunutBear (Wire trick is needed)
- Installing 4EXT Touch Recovery or CWM recovery for all S-OFF / HTC Dev Unlocked devices.
- Rooting for all devices (With or without a custom Recovery)
- Write SuperCID or custom CID for all S-OFF devices
- Install firmware for all S-OFF devices
- Flash ZIP from recovery for all S-OFF devices with custom recovery installed
- Flash PG58IMG.zip (Depending on what the PG58IMG.zip is, the requirements for this may differ)
- Flash boot.img for HTC Dev unlocked/ S-OFF devices
- Flash Unlocked =JuopunutBear= Hboot for devices that have S-OFF
Best suited for noobs and people with dead screens or volume/power keys that don't work properly, since 90% of the interaction is with the computer.
I have spent a lot of time perfecting this utility. It is now safe to use!!
Read through the instructions and everything will execute smoothly.
:::: Where can I find all the info? ::::
All info & downloads have been moved to my website.
You can find all instructions & downloads here: kgs1992 - KGS Utility
Please do not download from other sources since it may not be the latest version & older versions should NOT be used!
Remember to read the Known Issues post for fixes to known problems.
:::: FAQs ::::
Q. How safe is this?It's as safe as it can get without someone being physically present to ensure that you do everything right. If you follow the instructions, this is very safe.
Here is what makes it safe:
- Ample, easy-to-follow instructions.
- Dynamic checks to ensure previous steps completed properly & device is exactly as it needs to be.
- MD5sum checking for downloaded files before flashing.
- If anything fails, it is retried. If it fails constantly, then all changes are undone & error messages are shown.
- Regular updates with new features.
- Immediate bug fixes when reported.
- Dedicated real-time support on IRC (#kgs1992 on Freenode network).Q. Why did you make this?Of course, it was intended to be helpful to newbies to S-OFF & flash their phones and also serve as a good example for making a completly n00b-proof toolkit for anyone who wanted to make one.
Started off as wanting to learn something new. Helped me learn not only how to write batch scripts but by extension I learnt many more things & also more about the phone.Q. Where can I find support?If you find yourself in need of help with using this, you can find real-time support on IRC (#kgs1992 on Freenode network). [Please note that as the single person maintaining this project, it is difficult to be online & answer questions 24/7. You might have to wait a while at times.]Q. Will you make this for more devices in the future?If I get enough requests. Requests can be made using the feedback form on this page.Q. Will you make this for a different platform (Linux/Mac)?If I have the time, I may. But this probably isn't going to happen.Q. How can I help?You can leave your feedback, suggestions, comments, etc. here in this thread or use the feedback form on this page.
If you like my work, you can push my thanks button (This can be found at the bottom-left of this post.) & rate 5★ s for the thread. (This can be found at the top-right of the page.)
If you wish to make a donation, you may do so here or do so directly via PayPal to [email protected] .
For some reason, this post and the next post were interchanged randomly and hence, I had to duplicate the OP.