FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q][ICS 4.0.4 / MTD] AOKP for P1000/L/N - Camera App

7 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By sudeep1106, Junior Member on 23rd May 2012, 08:20 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello!

I have been using the ICS 4.0.4 [MTD] AOKP for P1000 ROM for sometime now and am on the latest build B#36 (as on 17/05). The Camera App with that build is not stable and does crash randomly. This is mentioned in the Bugs List. However, in the following post --

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=876

I have installed the 'CameraUpdates.zip' and have not faced any issues with the Camera App after that. Further, the GUI is also different from the Camera App present in the B#36.

My question is why not update or include the Camera App listed in the link above with the next build of this ROM?

(Unfortunately, I cant post in the Dev Thread due to the number of posts.. Could someone look into this and pass it on to the Dev Thread -- http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1523174)

Thanks.
The Following User Says Thank You to sudeep1106 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sudeep1106 Ad-Free

24th May 2012, 12:57 AM |#2  
Flag Baghdad
Thanks Meter: 744

More
Yes I mentioned that and Stimpz0r will fix it in the next build, it was included in the previous build. Thanks

Sent from my GT-P1000 using XDA
1st June 2012, 05:00 PM |#3  

More
Couple things:
I would've posted this in the dev thread, but, you know the rules about new accounts :/
Just one day since coming from build 35 to 37, have noticed significant power drain, still quantifying it, will keep my eye on it, but initially lost 30% over the course of 5 hours in idle mode, constant drain, 3g off, wifi off when screen not active, BT off, GPS off.
Also, the whole app rotation on home screen thing comes up when trying to move/delete/uninstall, even with allow 180° rotation turned on. After activating rotation, one has to restart before it takes affect.
More importantly, the main camera still acts up quite a bit for me. Quite a few fc's, which is to be expected, i guess. Strangely if i turn off the shutter sound in settings, it crashes, every time. Like, always and without fail. Panorama and video, front camera all working well, just the main camera. Tested with stock camera, instagram, vignette, and procapture, same effect, fc's with shutter sound off. I did a factory reset/wipe and went through settings systematically, so I'm reasonably sure this is the problem. Wonder if anyone else has encountered this, or has a work around. I hate that shutter noise.
Don't know if it's intentional but when i try to turn off menu button in top right corner through menu location in rom control settings, the button isn't removed, and the nav bar back/home/recents/menu buttons become larger and more spaced out instead. Not a problem, just weird. Resetting nav bar options and rebooting reverts it back to smaller keys again.
Finally i just want to give some recognition to devs like stimpz0r, humberos, cdesai, dizgustipated, alroger, chainfire, and sbrady, who seem to consistently add to and improve these builds tirelessly, as well as take the time to answer questions and field comments from noobs and more experienced members alike with a degree of patience and humour. And of course thanks to all the aokp and cyanogenmod mates, my sgt works so far better than when i bought it. The teamwork and support is amazing to see. It's impressive, what all of you guys have been able to do. I thought we were all well and truly screwed by Samsung, i couldn't believe it when they left all of us early adopters out in the cold, but you have really come through for all of us. This is a seriously nice piece of work.
FF

2nd June 2012, 12:24 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 1,281

More
By batt hasn't been great, but yesterday I downloaded Battery Calibrator by Damo Software and did calibration according to its instruction and seems to improve.
Shutter sound is a known bug, I thunk mentioned in the known bugs, did you read it?

2nd June 2012, 01:39 PM |#5  

More
Now that you mention the camera thing, yeah. But I'm a johnny come lately to aokp. It takes a serious time investment to read through all the posts with the issues scattered throughout, it's easy to miss one. And while there is a lot of info in the op and changelog posts, particularly about mtd/non-mtd (which is great) these common problems seem to be under-addressed, so i thought to just gather them together here for someone to find. I know it must be a pain to update the changelog posts thoroughly after every new build.
Cheers
ff

20th July 2012, 12:49 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
p1000
Sir, can you please help me how i do upgrading my tab p1000 to ics 4.0
the existing ver 2.3.3 , and i hope if i get for ics or any upgrading ver above 2.3.3

[email protected]
if you have time
20th July 2012, 12:54 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 1,281

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by subroma

Sir, can you please help me how i do upgrading my tab p1000 to ics 4.0
the existing ver 2.3.3 , and i hope if i get for ics or any upgrading ver above 2.3.3

[email protected]
if you have time

Assuming yours is GT-P1000

Read this
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=27500461

Sent from my GT-P1000 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to priyana For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift priyana Ad-Free
28th July 2012, 09:35 PM |#8  
Flag Kuala Lumpur
Thanks Meter: 4

More
If it might help you
go to this forum http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=23097605
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)