For those who have dabbled in the Nook Color or HP TouchPad scenes you may have seen unofficial CM9 nightlies from me.. so in the same fashion here are the Nook Tablet builds - these should be considered in Alpha status.
***The nightly builds are currently for the 1GB "Acclaim" Nook Tablets ONLY***
I take no credit for the work put in to get nook tablet CM9 running - all the credit there goes to chrmhoffmann, fattire, nemith and countless others I may not even know. Please be sure to thank them for their efforts. I'm just building ROMs from their source code.
I *strongly* recommend everyone look over fattire's guide for building and giving it a try to learn a little about how this all works, it's how I got started on the nook color with these unofficial builds. After clearing with fattire and chrmhoffmann I decided to provide these builds for people who don't have the hardware/ability to build themselves.
These builds are all straight sync with CM source along with the nook tablet device and kernel trees. They are *NOT* tested releases (I don't even have a Nook Tablet) so please be aware that the builds could be broken at any time, and are provided as-is. Please be comfortable with adb and/or using recovery to wipe/restore/nuke at any time.
Builds are sync'd at 9am UTC - they will be available to download approx 15 mins after that.
There is no official "changelog" for nightlies, you can reference the commits in the device tree, kernel tree and main CM gerrit. Note that the CM gerrit shows things that are merged for ALL official devices, not all of these will apply to the Nook Tablet, however, anything not referenced by a device name is also included in these builds.
The only addition I have made to these builds is the inclusion of "Goo Manager" as a system app. More on the reasons for this below...
There are a few ways to get the builds:
1) Browse the hosted folder here: http://techerrata.com/browse/nightly_kangs/acclaim
2) Follow @CM_Acclaim on twitter for announcements of the builds as they hit the host (PLEASE NOTE: @CM_Acclaim IS A TWITTER BOT - don't bother tweeting at it)
3) Use the Goo Manager app to receive notifications of new builds and download them directly on your device.
Latest ICS gapps can be found here http://goo-inside.me/gapps or mirrored here http://techerrata.com/browse/gapps
Goo Manager - Notable features
1) Notification of new builds and gapps updates with one click - or auto-check frequency in settings. Goo Manager auto-checks the md5 for every download.
2) Automated flashing of downloaded roms/gapps/other files with TWRP
3) Install TWRP 2.1 with one click (menu - install openscript recovery) - TWRP is still experimental and will overwrite ClockworkMod on emmc.
4) *Incremental updates* (experimental) - if you like to stay on the bleeding edge and flash every night. Incremental updates are diff'd server side so you only download the changed files from the build the night before. These downloads average 30-40mb in size (vs ~120mb for the full rom), so you get faster downloads, updates and less wear on your device's flash memory. Incremental updates ONLY work from the previous night's build to the latest. When you check for updates in Goo Manager it will offer you an incremental if applicable.
For the latest updates/announcements follow me on twitter, or check back here.
Credit and Thanks
Thanks to chrmhoffmann, fattire, nemith and the rest of the CM acclaim team for making this possible. Thanks to fellow TeamWin members Kevank for providing the hosting and to s0up for the Goo Manager app.