* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.
- 3G - Make sure you have the correct APN Settings for your carrier/region.
- HWA Video - No all the formats are supported, Blame NVidia or ... the world - (YouTube does work)
What's not working?
- Camera - This will only be fixed once we get an ICS Leaked ROM - Period, so stop asking!
I want feature X?
No - You will not get it or maybe you will, I have no Idea what feature will get implemented. This is not the place to ask.
First time installing CyanogenMod 9 to your Tablet (3g version), or coming from another ROM:
- Make sure you are rooted. (Plenty of thread available about how to do it)
- Make sure you're running a proper working ClockworkMod-Recovery version 18.104.22.168 not any other version (Recovery[UPDATED]). This is the latest (2012-05-24) that works with the device make sure you flash this recovery via ODIN.
IF YOU DO NOT INSTALL THIS RECOVERY YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO INSTALL CORRECTLY/YOU WILL GET UNKNOWN VERSION ABORTING INSTALL ERROR
- Copy GApps and CM9 ZIPs to your internal SDCard
- Boot into Recovery
- DO A DATA WIPE / FACTORY RESET (First Time Users)
- Flash CM9 zip
- Flash GApps zip
IF YOU EXPERIENCE ANY ISSUE WITH THE ROM AND YOU HAVE OVERLCOCKED/MODDED THE ROM DO NOT REPORT THE ISSUE UNTIL YOU HAVE CONFIRMED THE ISSUE ALSO OCCURS WHEN NOT OVERCLOCKED/MODDED!
IF YOU EXPERIENCE ANY ISSUE AND YOU HAVE CONFIRMED IT IS AN ISSUE POST LOGS, USE PASTEBIN.COM IF YOU CANNOT ATTACH LOGS TO YOUR POST.
See second post on how to get logs to post logs!
HOWTO SEND PATCHES
- cd ~/android/system
- repo start branchname CyanogenMod/android_device_samsung_p4
-- Make your changes at device/samsung/p4
- cd device/samsung/p4
- git add -A
- git commit -a
- cd ~/android/system
- repo upload CyanogenMod/android_device_samsung_p4
Navigate to http://review.cyanogenmod.com , click your commit and add the reviewers.