FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[NOTICE] Don't use ROM Manager! **New to the Transformer? READ**

1,530 posts
Thanks Meter: 747

By Thing O Doom, Senior Member on 24th May 2012, 10:10 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Although a great app for supported phones, ROM manager has been an outright disaster for the Transformer Tf101 for recovery in particular.
After seeing tens of threads involving issues with flashing using ROM manager, and no warning thread, I decided to post this.
If you're rooting for the first time, or upgrading recovery Do Not Use ROM Manager. It simply does not work properly for the Tf101. This may change in the future if the dev adds official support, but for now, please avoid like the plague.
Install recovery with this instead: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...very+installer
Gnufabio did a good job making a working recovery installer.
After you flash this, if you want to upgrade your CWM go to the development forum and flash the new CWM .zip using the version installed by recovery installer. Hope this saves some people some trouble, Thanks!
The Following 34 Users Say Thank You to Thing O Doom For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Thing O Doom Ad-Free

24th May 2012, 10:26 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Don't use it for any device :P
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to No_u For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift No_u Ad-Free
24th May 2012, 10:32 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Phoenix

Donate to Me
More
Well, it is encouragement of laziness, but it actually does work well on supported devices, to be fair. Just not for the TF101, so stay away! D:
24th May 2012, 10:33 PM |#4  
Flag Victoria, BC
Thanks Meter: 539

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_u

Don't use it for any device :P

Terrible for TF101 absolutely amazing for someone as lazy as me for the Captivate
The Following User Says Thank You to mrevankyle For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mrevankyle Ad-Free
25th May 2012, 02:50 AM |#5  
Flag Jersey City
Thanks Meter: 258

Donate to Me
More
I havent used it in about two years. I only used it on my OG Droid since there werent many ROMs available for my Incredible and CWM isn't supported on the Rezound. Ijust get all my oms from the dev section.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to brando56894 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift brando56894 Ad-Free
26th May 2012, 04:44 AM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Phoenix

Donate to Me
More
I got it working well on a friends GS2, but just UGH otherwise. Killed a vortex with it that was very painful to get back.
27th May 2012, 07:06 AM |#7  
San Diego
Thanks Meter: 27

More
This, this a million times this. Wish i had seen this warning 3 weeks ago.
27th May 2012, 03:35 PM |#8  
Flag ABQ - Albuquerque Metro, NM
Thanks Meter: 1,111

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by brando56894

I havent used it in about two years. I only used it on my OG Droid since there werent many ROMs available for my Incredible and CWM isn't supported on the Rezound. Ijust get all my oms from the dev section.

Yes it is. I use it on mine.

30th May 2012, 02:11 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Off to uninstall it. I found it useless after I rooted my tf101, but I never read that it didn't work....thought I was going to make life easier.....wrong guess

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using XDA Premium HD app
30th May 2012, 09:54 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 146

More
Yep..again this was one of the orphan apps I had installed on my OG Evo years ago and forgot about. Used it once to install AmonRa recovery on the Evo and never used it again. One night at work away from my computer I decided I needed a new recovery on my Transformer and made the mistake of trying ROM Manager which equaled disaster. Long story short, took a while to get back to square one. If you have it on your transformer, uninstall! Good thread OP should be a stickie!
11th June 2012, 06:53 AM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Phoenix

Donate to Me
More
Please keep on first page/bump. Important to know! It's still causing issues!

Mod sticky?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)