FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] Charging Paused can't do anything

6 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By dubzga, Junior Member on 25th May 2012, 05:22 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hey guys...yes this is my first post. I've been searching for about 12 hours and reached my wit's end so I ask for your help

I've got an S2 Skyrocket running unrooted 4.0.4. It's run fine for almost a month with no problem other than terrible battery life.

Starting yesterday, with 2 different batteries and 3 different chargers, i get an error telling me "Charging paused. Battery temperature too hot". Its not even warm and it will not charge. Now both of my batteries are dead and I cant get the device to even go into download mode or anything.

I had a 100% charge on the phone yesterday and turned it off. When i turned it back on (or tried to) it was totally dead.

i'm on the verge of smashing this thing into the ground. Please help!

25th May 2012, 05:31 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 2,196

Donate to Me
More
Charge the battery on external. Then Odin stock

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to xcrazydx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xcrazydx Ad-Free
25th May 2012, 05:56 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
Thank you so much for the quick reply. Almost rhetorically I'm assuming there's no way to externally charge the battery without an external charger. Correct?
25th May 2012, 06:56 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 2,196

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubzga

Thank you so much for the quick reply. Almost rhetorically I'm assuming there's no way to externally charge the battery without an external charger. Correct?

right
25th May 2012, 07:02 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 233

More
I used to get it all the time. Just ignore it.
29th May 2012, 02:42 PM |#6  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iandr0idos

I used to get it all the time. Just ignore it.

I would ignore it, except that my phone doesn't charge. And it pops up every 60 seconds or so if I click ok and try to get out of it.
29th May 2012, 09:03 PM |#7  
OP Junior Member

More
**Update - I've borrowed a battery from a friend with a Nexus. Device powers up, was able to revert back to stock 2.3.5 but still same issue with all 3 batteries and different chargers...Charging paused due to battery being to hot or too cold. Trading in for a new Skyrocket at ATT service center tonight under warranty....
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)