Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

BeeGee_Tokyo

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 20, 2008
Paranaque
www.giesecke.tk
New update for the GT-P7500/7501/7510/7511 aka Galaxy Tab 10.1. Using latest CM9 and AOSP sources. Both cameras working now. Phone might work. I cannot test, but some beta-testers had success.Still not succeeded in building a JellyBean ROM. Be patient with me.

Changes in version 1.00:
  • Update to latest CM sources.
  • Update to 3.1 kernel from Pershoot.
  • Front and rear camera working.
  • Phone might work. No possibility to test for me.

Download links:

Sources:
GitHub

Credits:
  • CyanogenMod - incredible work
  • perhoots - thanks for creating the CM9 P7500 sources and kernel
  • ganiman - for the camera patch

First time installing Ganbarou GT-P7500 CM9 to your Tablet (3g version), or coming from another ROM:
  • Make sure you are rooted. (Plenty of thread available about how to do it)
  • Make sure you’re running a proper working ClockworkMod-Recovery (http://droidbasement.com/db-blog/?p=2553). This is the latest (2012-05-24) that works with the device make sure you flash this recovery via ODIN.
  • Copy Ganbarou ZIP to your internal SDCard
  • Boot into Recovery
  • DO A DATA WIPE / FACTORY RESET (First Time Users)
  • Flash Ganbarou zip
  • Reboot
  • Enjoy!
Upgrading from Cyanogenmod nightlies or Ganbarou nightlies:
  • Boot into Recovery
  • Flash Ganbarou zip
  • Wipe cache partition and dalvik-cache
  • Reboot

Old stuff:
Changes in version 0.11:
  • Updated to latest CM9 code (RC2)
  • Updated to latest Pershoots kernel.
  • Rear camera working thanks to the patch made by Ganiman
Changes in version 0.10:
  • Changed back to normal Email and MMS application.
Changes in version 0.9:
  • Changed to different Email application.
Changes in version 0.8:
  • Updated to latest CM9 code.
  • Changed to different MMS application.
Changes in version 0.7:
  • Updated to latest CM9 RC1 code.
  • Updated to latest pershoots kernel.
  • Added more Ganbarou wallpapers.
Changes in version 0.6:
  • Updated to latest pershoot kernel.
  • Added Ganbarou wallpapers.
  • New bootanimation. Thanks to jtdo!!!!!
Changes in version 0.5:
  • Hopefully fixed Settings ForceClose issue
  • Added LiveWallpapers Picker and NoWallpaperOption back to ROM. But no LiveWallpapers in the ROM
  • Updated to latest CM9/Google Sources
Changes in version 0.4:
  • Removed CyanogenMod stuff:
    • CyanogenMod wallpapers
    • LiveWallpapers
    • CyanogenMod Statistics
    • Profiles
    • ROMManager
  • Google Apps included in the ROM. No more need to flash Google Apps separate. Included GMail and YouTube (in data folder, so they can easily be updated).
  • Wipe of cache and dalvik-cache recommended, otherwise you might see a FC of Settings after reboot. No big issue, it will happen only once.

Changes between Ganbarou GT ROM and CM9 ROM:
  • Bootanimation
  • Wallpaper
  • Extended apn-conf.xml to include Softbank Japan APNs
  • Changed gps.conf to have more AGPS servers
  • Full working Polaris Office from stock ROM
  • Full working Samsung Apps from stock ROM
  • Added Titanium Backup and ROM Toolbox
Screenshots:

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-05-26-00-41-20.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-05-26-00-41-20.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 15,491
  • Screenshot_2012-05-26-00-41-42.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-05-26-00-41-42.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 15,264
  • Screenshot_2012-05-26-10-07-26.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-05-26-10-07-26.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 15,868
  • IMG_20120922_213122.jpg
    IMG_20120922_213122.jpg
    504.1 KB · Views: 3,364
  • IMG_20120922_213054.jpg
    IMG_20120922_213054.jpg
    521 KB · Views: 2,899
Last edited:

jonsat

Jun 24, 2009
Roma
Thanks BeeGee... this is the first ROM CM9 based with Samsung Apps enabled that I flashed... maybe is the only one around!? Very good work, smooth and solid. Only one issue: Google auto apps restore don't work. Can you investigate about it?
Keep up the good work! ;)

Petteri

Nov 30, 2009
München
chinamobiles.org
Thanks BeeGee... this is the first ROM CM9 based with Samsung Apps enabled that I flashed... maybe is the only one around!? Very good work, smooth and solid. Only one issue: Google auto apps restore don't work. Can you investigate about it?
On mine it works! I flashed yesturday 2times and evertime google installed directly...

Reactions: jonsat

mpierce

Oct 21, 2005
Melbourne
Looks very tasty...
Does the lockscreen functionality work, i.e., ability to set lockscreen app short cuts (targets). This wasn't working on a recent version of CM9 while this worked perfectly on Milestone. Also LCD density didn't work on CM9 and worked on Milestone.

BeeGee_Tokyo

Nov 20, 2008
Paranaque
www.giesecke.tk
Nightly 2012-05-29 is up.
Only minor changes from CM9, no patch for APN problems and 7501 properties yet. I am too busy.

wondering 2 things: you can also install the samsung widgets? then the problem I had with the first flicker of CM9 10 days ago has disappeared? thanks much in advance

I am afraid the samsung widgets will need touchwiz launcher. I can give it a try on the weekend, but no promise.

Looks very tasty...
Does the lockscreen functionality work, i.e., ability to set lockscreen app short cuts (targets). This wasn't working on a recent version of CM9 while this worked perfectly on Milestone. Also LCD density didn't work on CM9 and worked on Milestone.

Its in the CM9 settings, but I didn't try it yet.

You`re right, April 22 version doesn`t work for me to, 29 works and 13March version works too!

I need to mention the required version of GApps in post #1. When you use Goo Manager (should work soon, I am testing it with the Mai 29 version) it will suggest the correct GApps version.

Reactions: jonsat

Bus Driver

May 9, 2011
Malaysia
So far very stable and no random reboot...just one thing, is it just me or is flash not showing example on this xda website...I've tried to reinstall flash player but still not showing up.

Petteri

Nov 30, 2009
München
chinamobiles.org
Connecting to PC

Hi my friends, another "problem" is for me, that the Tab will not connect into MTB Modus to PC, Debugging works when i connect, but i can`t open my Tab as Harddisc-Drive on Windows 7 Ultimate, drivers are installed surely! Is there any chance to get it work!? In moment i have to use MobilePhone Explorer, but it`s not the best way to store datas between Tab and PC!

BeeGee_Tokyo

Nov 20, 2008
Paranaque
www.giesecke.tk
So far very stable and no random reboot...just one thing, is it just me or is flash not showing example on this xda website...I've tried to reinstall flash player but still not showing up.

Just checked and you are correct. With this build of CM9 there seem to be a problem with flash. I will try to find out if CyanogenMod is aware of the problem or if it is only my build.

Hi my friends, another "problem" is for me, that the Tab will not connect into MTB Modus to PC, Debugging works when i connect, but i can`t open my Tab as Harddisc-Drive on Windows 7 Ultimate, drivers are installed surely! Is there any chance to get it work!? In moment i have to use MobilePhone Explorer, but it`s not the best way to store datas between Tab and PC!

Settings->Storage->Menu (3 dots on the top right)-> USB computer connection->make a tick at Media device (MTP) and it will work.

jonsat

Jun 24, 2009
Roma
BeeGee, your rom is already unique due to Samsung Apps integration (waiting for official Touchwiz framework integration, of course). To make your rom even more special, you could modify Pershoot kernel to improve overclock capabilities. In my opinion our devices can reach 1.6 GHz and even more. That would be an interesting experience to make these tablets really fly. :)
Time ago, I read that Pershoot himself is not interested in overclock but he said that everyone could improve that, editing sources and rebuilding, so I assume that Pershoot wouldn't be upset if you modify it for your rom.
If my question was unpolite to you, I'm sorry.
Keep up the good work.

BeeGee_Tokyo

Nov 20, 2008
Paranaque
www.giesecke.tk
BeeGee, your rom is already unique due to Samsung Apps integration (waiting for official Touchwiz framework integration, of course). To make your rom even more special, you could modify Pershoot kernel to improve overclock capabilities. In my opinion our devices can reach 1.6 GHz and even more. That would be an interesting experience to make these tablets really fly. :)
Time ago, I read that Pershoot himself is not interested in overclock but he said that everyone could improve that, editing sources and rebuilding, so I assume that Pershoot wouldn't be upset if you modify it for your rom.
If my question was unpolite to you, I'm sorry.
Keep up the good work.

I tried my tablet on 1.4GHz and it got unstable, not sure if the 1.6GHz is really safe. Running it now on the standards (CPU Governor INTERACTIVE, Min CPU f=216, Max CPU f=1GHz) and my tablet already flies, my battery time is +12h with GPS and 3G all time on. Have to say that I use ADW launcher instead of the Trebouchet launcher, that might change the usage feeling as well.
For messing with a kernel I have to learn a lot more things, maybe someone with more experience can do it.

jonsat

Jun 24, 2009
Roma
I tried my tablet on 1.4GHz and it got unstable, not sure if the 1.6GHz is really safe. Running it now on the standards (CPU Governor INTERACTIVE, Min CPU f=216, Max CPU f=1GHz) and my tablet already flies, my battery time is +12h with GPS and 3G all time on. Have to say that I use ADW launcher instead of the Trebouchet launcher, that might change the usage feeling as well.
For messing with a kernel I have to learn a lot more things, maybe someone with more experience can do it.

Thanks for your reply. I'm on 1,4 GHz since Honeycomb releases and haven't had any issue. Maybe stock production differs. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    New update for the GT-P7500/7501/7510/7511 aka Galaxy Tab 10.1. Using latest CM9 and AOSP sources. Both cameras working now. Phone might work. I cannot test, but some beta-testers had success.Still not succeeded in building a JellyBean ROM. Be patient with me.

Changes in version 1.00:
    • Update to latest CM sources.
    • Update to 3.1 kernel from Pershoot.
    • Front and rear camera working.
    • Phone might work. No possibility to test for me.

Download links:

Sources:
    GitHub

Credits:
    • CyanogenMod - incredible work
    • perhoots - thanks for creating the CM9 P7500 sources and kernel
    • ganiman - for the camera patch

First time installing Ganbarou GT-P7500 CM9 to your Tablet (3g version), or coming from another ROM:
    • Make sure you are rooted. (Plenty of thread available about how to do it)
    • Make sure you’re running a proper working ClockworkMod-Recovery (http://droidbasement.com/db-blog/?p=2553). This is the latest (2012-05-24) that works with the device make sure you flash this recovery via ODIN.
    • Boot into Recovery
    • DO A DATA WIPE / FACTORY RESET (First Time Users)
    • Flash Ganbarou zip
    • Reboot
    • Enjoy!
    Upgrading from Cyanogenmod nightlies or Ganbarou nightlies:
    • Boot into Recovery
    • Flash Ganbarou zip
    • Wipe cache partition and dalvik-cache
    • Reboot

Old stuff:
    Changes in version 0.11:
    • Rear camera working thanks to the patch made by Ganiman
    Changes in version 0.10:
    • Changed back to normal Email and MMS application.
    Changes in version 0.9:
    Changes in version 0.8:
    Changes in version 0.7:
    Changes in version 0.6:
    • Updated to latest pershoot kernel.
    • Added Ganbarou wallpapers.
    • New bootanimation. Thanks to jtdo!!!!!
    Changes in version 0.5:
    • Hopefully fixed Settings ForceClose issue
    • Added LiveWallpapers Picker and NoWallpaperOption back to ROM. But no LiveWallpapers in the ROM
    • Updated to latest CM9/Google Sources
    Changes in version 0.4:
    • Removed CyanogenMod stuff:
      • CyanogenMod wallpapers
      • LiveWallpapers
      • CyanogenMod Statistics
      • Profiles
      • ROMManager
    • Google Apps included in the ROM. No more need to flash Google Apps separate. Included GMail and YouTube (in data folder, so they can easily be updated).
    • Wipe of cache and dalvik-cache recommended, otherwise you might see a FC of Settings after reboot. No big issue, it will happen only once.

Changes between Ganbarou GT ROM and CM9 ROM:
    • Bootanimation
    • Wallpaper
    • Extended apn-conf.xml to include Softbank Japan APNs
    • Changed gps.conf to have more AGPS servers
    • Full working Polaris Office from stock ROM
    • Full working Samsung Apps from stock ROM
    • Added Titanium Backup and ROM Toolbox
    Screenshots:
    New version online!

New update for the GT-P7500/7501/7510/7511 aka Galaxy Tab 10.1. Using latest CM9 and AOSP sources. Tried as well to build different Email application using AOSP sources and the Samsung ICS sources. Please give me a feedback how it works. I am using the email app rarely, as I am a Gapps user.
    Would be nice as well if I can get some feedback about the MMS application that I added in version 0.8. Anyone having problems with it?

Changes in version 0.9:

Download links:

Sources:
    GitHub
    New version online!

I am trying to update at lease weekly my Ganbarou ROM for the Galaxy Tabs. (aka GT-P7500/7501/7510/7511/7100). Yes, you read correct, now I have a Galaxy Tab (GT-P7100) version as well.
    Today I release the latest update for these tablets. The update includes sources to the latest RC1 release from CyanogenMod CM9 and my own upgrades.

Changes in version 0.7:

Download links:

Sources:
    GitHub

Some of the wallpapers:
    V0.8 ready to download

I am trying to update at lease weekly my Ganbarou ROM for the Galaxy Tab 10.1. (aka GT-P7500/7501/7510/7511). Today I release the latest update for this phone. The update includes sources to the latest RC1 release from CyanogenMod CM9 and my own upgrades.

Changes in version 0.8:

Download links:

Sources:
    GitHub
    Hmmm.. just wondering what to expect this Sunday... loving the ROM so far

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk 2

For sure no camera :p
    I guess an update to the latest CM9 source and I might try these Beats Audio extension from the tommrazek01. I will try to fix speech recognition, which will be difficult because it works for me (in English). And I will include a MMS application which is made for Japanese Softbank provider, which might solve some problems that European and US users had as well.