FORUMS

[Q] Which version of Kindle app has no page turning sliding effects?

23 posts
Thanks Meter: 3

By apple2101, Junior Member on 26th May 2012, 09:15 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I use SearchMarket to find and install Kindle app from Android Market on the rooted Nook touch. What is annoying is that the Kindle app has a sliding effect when turning pages. The screen would flashes multiple times during page turning.

Is there a version of Kindle app that has no sliding effects? Which version do you guys use?
30th May 2012, 08:26 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 12

More

Flashes only once did not have to configure anything.

Edit: wrong, i do have it just didn't notice it until compared to other readers. Sorry about false information.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk 2
29th June 2012, 04:38 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I know this is old, but if the OP or anybody else is still wondering about this, I found that the 2.0.5.103970165 version of Kindle does not have any page-turning animation effects. It does however seem to completely refresh the screen with every page turn but to me it's still nicer than the animation.

You can download the apk from here: freewarelovers.com/android/download/temp/1311093850_Kindle-2.0.5.103970165.apk (sorry, I don't seem to be able to post hyperlinks)
The Following User Says Thank You to adamdipardo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift adamdipardo Ad-Free
13th July 2012, 09:18 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Hey, I've had a similar problem
I'm French and do not own an american credit card, so I can't buy from B&N, and I do have to buy books from amazon for new releases
The page turning effects ARE a big drawback though

Couldn't we use the screen refresh hack? (I've read about it somewhere but can't find it anymore) people are able to watch movies on the nook touch so it should be able to display animations in a non blinding fashion right. (maybe with a bit more battery drain but hey...)

I don't know enough to try this out though, any help from a more advanced user of rooted nook would be a blessing.

---------- Post added at 09:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:05 AM ----------

Oh here it is...
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1502723
I just installed it it's actually very simple, it's a simple app to install, it works great: you still have the animations but the screen doesn't flash anymore

Cheers
13th July 2012, 09:43 AM |#5  
Flag istanbul
Thanks Meter: 92

More
i can cofirm that norefresh+kindle app works great. but i would like to have an option to disable the animation at all, i dont like it..
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)