USE WITH OTA ANDROID SYSTEMS ONLY ! USAGE ON OTHER CONFIGURATIONS COULD CAUSE THE PROGRAM TO GO HAYWIRE !
CONSIDER DISABLING UAC AND SECURITY SOFTWARE BEFORE USING THIS PROGRAM
BY USING THIS PROGRAM YOU AGREE TO THE FACT THAT YOUR DEVICE MIGHT GET BRICKED IN THE PROCESS. BY USING
THIS PROGRAM YOU ALSO AGREE THAT I (Gersma) WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR BRICKED DEVICE.
This program primarily targets A50X/G100W tablets with Ota Hc or Ota Ics.
It lets the user install a recovery and a bootloader, compatible with Hc or Ics.
Afterota offers no garanty for succes. You use Afterota at your own risk.
You can always end up with a bricked device.
- auto retrieval of all your tablet ID's
- saving important tablet ID's for future reference
- one click installation of bootloaders, recoveries and optionally stock kernels
- return to stock Hc or Ics through update.zip method
- unsoftbrick your tablet if it gets stuck in apx mode
- root your tablet
- etc . .
Credits ( people who directly or indirectly contributed ) :
- Vache, Jasto, Civato, Scrilax and a lot of guides on Xda
Download ( 104 Mb ) : here
A lite version of the program ( 500 Kb ) is attached to this post, it lets you review and save all the important numbers associated with your tablet.
- Afterota now detects if there are multiple android devices connected to the computer.
- Afterota should work with custom roms now ( hc bootloader + flexreaper )
- removed the warning and exclusion when kernel returns bl v0.03.11-ICS. ( see v1.07 changelog )
- added v8 ics bootloaders by Scrilax to the package
- Afterota should work for all models : A500, A501, G100W
- new method for retrieving information
- when kernel returns bootloader version 0.03.11-ICS all flashing is disabled
- program lets you install ics bootloader on HC roms now
- program layout simplified
- winxp and vista are back in the running
- bugfix in bootloader detection (again)
- added lite version to the package
- added v7 ics bootloaders by Scrilax to the package
- bugfix in bootloader detection
- when ics build is not recognized, all kernel flashing is disabled
- changed layout a bit to hold more information
- changed the way the id's are detected
- ics version detection for flashing correct kernel
- program restricted for usage on win7 only
- displays uac warning, uac sometimes causes nvflash to crash
- removed the auto reboot after pushing the root packet to the tablet
- updated thor recovery for ics to v1.73
- the program now displays a warning if the file containing serial, cpuid and sbk is not found
- improved the code to disable the "install-recovery.sh" script
- made some changes to the way the program acts in different situations
- when hc rom is detected all ics bootloader & kernel flashing is disabled
- when ics rom is detected all hd bootloader flashing is disabled, except on the "back to stock" tab
- several other changes to the interface as sugested by civato.
- initial release