FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] Multitouch and the NTG

9 posts
Thanks Meter: 4

By Schneicw, Junior Member on 29th May 2012, 01:35 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I attempted to use the multitouch kernel with clockwork mod after rooting my glowlight and for some reason it seems to have hosed the glowlight controls completely. I was hoping that the n2t recovery by ros87 would help but the server hosting the image is not working. Does anyone have a mirror of the image?

EDIT: In my panic I didn't check the entire thread and found a dropbox mirror of the file further on in the thread. Let this serve as a warning to first stay calm and also not to attempt multitouch on the NTG. Sorry if I wasted your time.

29th May 2012, 01:44 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 217

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneicw

I attempted to use the multitouch kernel vi clockwork mod after rooting my glowlight and for some reason it seems to have hosed the glowlight controls completely. I was hoping that the n2t recovery by ros87 would help but the server hosting the image is not working. Does anyone have a mirror of the image?

Here you go.

Just wait for a NTG modded kernel, dont use the device specific resources for the NST.
Attached Files
File Type: rar n2T-Recovery_0.1.rar - [Click for QR Code] (2.05 MB, 100 views)
29th May 2012, 06:04 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
Thanks for the quick response and the advice which I will be sure to remember. Any idea how long it's going to take to port multitouch to the NTG
30th May 2012, 12:51 AM |#4  
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 517

More
Quote:

Thanks for the quick response and the advice which I will be sure to remember. Any idea how long it's going to take to port multitouch to the NTG

It'll take about the amount of time for whoever brought multitouch to the Nook Simple Touch to download the source for NTG and then make the appropriate changes. That's if they even care.
31st May 2012, 10:15 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 141

Donate to Me
More
Hi,
the kernel in the attachment should work for the NTG. I patched it a month ago and totally forgot to upload it .

Works also on the normal NST.

The zip file includes only the kernel, its not flashable by cwm, you have to push it manually to your boot partition and add the permissions in the xml-file.

Git-Repository: https://github.com/mali1/NST-kernel_115
Attached Files
File Type: zip uImage.zip - [Click for QR Code] (1.78 MB, 227 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mali100 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mali100 Ad-Free
31st May 2012, 03:27 PM |#6  
OP Junior Member

More
Thank you. Is it possible to replace the uimage in the original CWM zip with this one and do the same thing as for the nst or should I follow the directions in the original thread which if I understand right involves burning noogie to an sdcard then then booting the nook up, connecting it to a computer, finding uimage and replacing it.
31st May 2012, 05:41 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 141

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Thank you. Is it possible to replace the uimage in the original CWM zip with this one and do the same thing as for the nst

Yes, that should work.
6th June 2012, 03:42 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 14

Donate to Me
More
Hello everybody!

I haму some questions about this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=24180134

Can I use this method if I had already NST [email protected] with root? I want get multitouch, NoRefresh and usb-host.

All what I should to do is just replace uImage through Noogie?
10th June 2012, 12:04 AM |#9  
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 517

More
This particular thread is regarding Multitouch on the Nook Touch Glow, not the Nook Simple Touch.
19th June 2012, 02:11 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 43

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mali100

Hi,
the kernel in the attachment should work for the NTG. I patched it a month ago and totally forgot to upload it .

Works also on the normal NST.

The zip file includes only the kernel, its not flashable by cwm, you have to push it manually to your boot partition and add the permissions in the xml-file.

Git-Repository: https://github.com/mali1/NST-kernel_115

I've installed this kernel on my NTG and it works great. Thanks!
19th June 2012, 08:36 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
>>you have to push it manually to your boot partition and add the permissions in the xml-file
Using Root Explorer, where do I have to copy the (extracted kernel) file to (exact path/folder)?
Add permissions: Can I do that in Root Explorer rather than opening the xml file (filename?)? I do not have an editor for xml files....(which one would you recommend if I cannot change the permissions directly using Root Explorer)?
Thanks!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)