[TOOL]PERI-0.42 One click root+recovery/fix-bootloops+soft-bricks ALL Devices+.27! :D

Search This thread

Thing O Doom

Mar 10, 2012
Phoenix
TF101, SL101 and TF101G on ICS firmwares anything else is untested.
Also should work on TF201 and TF300T on ICS ONLY!
For Windows, tested on windows 7 x64 bit, xp 32 bit and windows 7 32 bit.
Your data will be retained, unless you wipe in TWRP or something :p

UPDATE:
Added V0.41 which includes TWRP
Also V0.42 which is even newer TWRP!

apk not working sofar :[

If you have a TF201, or TF300T, this will work still, but you need to replace the included file 'recoveryblob' with a recoveryblob from a recovery from your device (download the .zip file for the recovery you want, and extract the 'blob' or 'recoveryblob' file from it and place in PERI folder, naming it recoveryblob and overwriting the otherone!)

Initiate project-PERI:
Since there's no one-clicks that I've stumbled across, and many people are asking if this-that etc.. works with .24, I've made an easy one-click (ish) that guides you through it and runs the necessary commands.
Thanks to:
Team Rouge (I used their touch recovery version)
Wolf (For his method to flash recovery!)
Roach (Bootloop fix)
Members here for testing help :] (I'm bad about typos...)

Download here (feel free to mirror):
V0.1- Platypus - 13.42MB
Version 0.1
Mirror - Thanks Alan1995
Mirror 2 - Thanks Alan1995

V0.2- Elephant - 13.39MB
Version 0.2
Mirror - Thanks Alan1995
Mirror 3 - Thanks Alan1995

V0.3- Raptor - 13.39MB
Version 0.3
Mirror - Thanks Alan1995

V0.4- Indri - 13.39MB
Version 0.4
Mirror - Thanks Alan1995

V0.41- TwrpyIndri - 14.29MB
Version 0.41 (TWRP 2.3.2.3)

V0.42- TwrpyIndri Cutting Edge - 14.15MB
Version 0.42 -- Recommended (TWRP 2.5.0.0)

Just unzip it to a folder anywhere and run the .bat file!
Works with or without MicroSD, just let the device totally reboot (E.G. don't let any commands run at the splash screen or in recovery.)
Fixed reboot confusion in V0.2 -Didn't fix in v0.2, Did fix in v0.3 though

If I did anything wrong, or offended any devs, killed someone's cat, or something else, Please let me know!

Post here with any questions or problems, I tested this and everything worked fine, but still consider it as final? release candidate 4.
Did it work?
This should do everything needed, and all is included in zip!

If you want to skip any steps that you've already done if you mess up, just unplug the USB and pretend that it isn't throwing 'device not found' errors, then get back to where you were.
If superuser isn't installing but you have recovery, try 'fix permissions' in recovery. -- Fixed (hopefully) in V0.2

Read the readme and run as administrator! Video-tut is here!
**Also attached to thread.**

PERI - Changelog --
Code:
[*][B]V0.42[/B]
-- Added [I]cutting edge[/I] TWRP 2.5.0.0
-- Thanks jazzruby
[B]V0.41[/B]
-- Added TWRP 2.3.2.3 recovery, finally c:
-- Fixed a couple typos.
-- Fed a llama candy.
[B]V0.4[/B]
-- Added option for ROOT users to just flash recovery.
-- Added unbrick/bootloop fix option for those that can access adb (hopefully works)
-- Bug fix, minor layout change.
-- Second-Last windows release! :D 'Last is auto APX unbrick..' Then the app.
-- Indri
[B]V0.3[/B]
-- Fixed reboot typo that causes failed reboot
-- Other layout issues and typos
-- [I]Added a Readme, read it[/I]
-- Got angry at video recorder for not working.
-- Raptor
[B]V0.2[/B]
-- Fixed a few layout issues and typos.
-- Added driver autoinstaller for Windows 7. (XP Can still use manual)
-- Updated the SU zip I was using, hopefully fixes fake error messages.
-- Fixed reboot confusion (Reordered command layout)
-- Elephant

[B]V0.1[/B]
[I]-- Initial Release[/I]
-- Helps you root and install recovery.
-- Simple mostly automated batch script.
-- Driver install guide too!
-- Reboot bug included!
-- Platypus
[/CENTER]

Tl;DR: This installs recovery and walks you through rooting your device from total stock. It includes everything you need, download is above.
It also functions as a unbrick for soft-bricks where you can access ADB or if your recovery is bootlooping and won't flash anything.

If you already have root: This tool will work on an already rooted tf to install Rouge's latest Touch Recovery (Reads from internal and external)
--if you're in a bootloop and can boot into android via-cold-boot, this will fix it! :D--
So if anyone who's already rooted doesn't mind doing further testing on it that would be great, the more reports the better!

If the superuser.zip isn't giving you root (For whatever reason o_O) try flashing the attached SuperSU I packed.

Video:
How to use PERI to root your Transformer!
**coming soon**

Unbricking/fix recovery bootloop:
I added an unbricking help/feature in V0.4 that'll help with bootloops or softbricks. PERI will help you through it.

**If you want to use the 'I'm already rooted just flash recovery' feature, you need to have given adb su access already!!!**

I bricked my tab on purpose using ROM manager to test the unbricker. Seems to work fine, let me know.
It might have bugs though and not work, in which case 'Don't taze me bro!'
I pretty much copy-pasted roach's bootloop fix.

--
If I helped, click thanks! :)

Thing O Doom isn't responsible for bricks, dead cats, or thermonuclear war. (Although I will help you with the first two. Seek a bomb shelter if you experience the third problem.)

The .bat is open-source, download the .zip and take a look at the .bat with notepad++, if you like.

If you're having driver issues, give USBdeview a looksee.

Attachments

• CWM-SuperSU-v0.89.zip
    586.1 KB · Views: 14,668
  • Readme.txt
    2.8 KB · Views: 15,657
Last edited:

Thing O Doom

Mar 10, 2012
Phoenix
No, it doesn't need to downgrade, it just runs wolf's exploit and directly flashes recovery on your tf. All user data is safe.
If it was a downgrade, the filesize would be alot bigger as I'd have to include a stock ROM.

Last edited:

tigerfire25

Aug 14, 2010
Peshawar
tried it on my transformer with the latest .24 update but it could not flash the recovery at first time, got error ..... lemme check again

Edit: got error --- "cannot stat 'recoveryblob': No such file or directory" ---

I am sure that I am using the same transformer as yours as mine was imported from USA.

Last edited:

whomps66

Feb 18, 2011
About Guide

Hi all,
I think ıt should be a more detailed guide.
"Just unzip it to a folder anywhere and run the .bat file!" it seems very easy.
I do not want to offend the developers and Thing O Doom

tigerfire25;
you can try that move the blob file internal memory of asus and try again. I an now at work so I can not try the method. I am just suggesting you, do not hope too much :)

Thing O Doom

Mar 10, 2012
Phoenix
I tried to make with simplicity in mind, so that really is all you need to do:
1. Make folder and extract contents of .zip into it.
2. Run the .bat file, which then holds your hand through the whole process.
3. ???
4. Profit.

EDIT5: Tigerfire, please try with a MicroSD inserted. This may fix it, thanks for reporting back.

Last edited:

xxanthor

Dec 18, 2010
Done

Done on my TF101G B90 with .24, it worked but:
1) when it tries to reboot the device (twice during the procedure) it doesn't work, i had to do it manually
2) the installation of the Superuser gives an error like it didn't succed but after reboot it was installed

Anyway thanks

Thing O Doom

Mar 10, 2012
Phoenix
Yeah, the reboot to recovery scripts don't work, it's actually just a simple 'adb reboot' command. I couldn't get 'adb reboot recovery' to work, sorry about that, that's why I detailed the manual instructions in there.
The superuser zip might be borked, but 'fix permissions' in CWM usually removes the error, but if it installed I figure whats it matter? XD

Reactions: Claudiu678

jazzruby

Aug 3, 2010
Hi Thing O Doom,
Nice work and thanks

I tried to make with simplicity in mind
You might be able to automate the process a little better by running the PnP Utility ('PnPutil.exe').
e.g.
Code:
pnputil -i -a %~dp0\adb-drivers\android_winusb.inf
-a - add package
-i - install package

You can skip the install command (-i) if you like (drivers will now be in the 'driver store' (-a) and installed when device is connected).
PnPUtil - TechNet

The superuser zip might be borked, but 'fix permissions' in CWM usually removes the error, but if it installed I figure whats it matter? XD
You might want to try/use the su pkg from HERE
http://goo.im/superuser/Superuser-3.0.7-efghi-signed.zip

It uses a newer 'update-binary' and cleaner/updated 'updater-script' & pkg.

-JR-

Reactions: xerothermic

quarkko

May 30, 2012
@ Thing of Doom

Quarkko,
1. You use the same recoveryblob (Tf101 and Tf101G are very similar, so 3rd method works on both.)
2. You don't need to do anything, as you won't get OTA updates anymore if you install CWM. You can manually flash rooted updates in CWM later if you want to update.
3. Following to the letter, almost 0. You'd have to unplug your tf DURING the flashing of the recoveryblob. (The dd if command)
4. You still can't use NvFlash, since you have a Tf101G, sorry it hasn't been cracked yet.

Clear guide- Use my PERI: one click root and recovery installer (in my sig), it walks you through it and runs the commands for you. Works on the tf101G

Thanks for the reply.

I tried your PERI method! But unfortunately I use XP for these jobs. Should I wait for the xp drivers. Thanks anyway. :)

Thing O Doom

Mar 10, 2012
Phoenix
You can still use PERI with xp, just not the Autoinstall of drivers portion of it. Hit no when it asks to install drivers, then when it gets to the section that asks if a device shows up, hit no and then it will redirect you to a manual install of the ADB drivers.
All it needs are ADB drivers, which are easy enough to install.

Aug 20, 2008
TF101/G ONLY! anything else is untested.
does it mean onnly the g version or only the tf101?
kind regards
gandalf

Thing O Doom

Mar 10, 2012
Phoenix
I'll clarify that in the op. It works with both the tf101 and the tf101G, the slider is untested.

Last edited:

whomps66

Feb 18, 2011
Done on my TF101G B90 with .24, it worked but:
1) when it tries to reboot the device (twice during the procedure) it doesn't work, i had to do it manually
2) the installation of the Superuser gives an error like it didn't succed but after reboot it was installed

Anyway thanks

I have a TF101 serial number starting with 0 and US version. I also have to face with reboot problem twice.
Command Screen say that;
Reboot: Operation not permitted. (both Revovery and Flashing screens)
I used a laptop with operating windows 7 32 bit. After reboot problem, this time I try to exectue the batch file as an administrator but, the laptop can not see the device.

Finally, I reboot my device twice manually. Then, I waited for the final reboot. The final reboot completed. There is no Superuser apk. I get into the recovery menu and I installed by manually.

Aug 20, 2008
I'll clarify that in the op. It works with both the tf101 and the tf101G, the slider is untested.
-thanks.. it did it,but no root.-and the recovery- if i trie to go to recovery after pressing vol up i only see the android layinf with a red triangel and exclamation mark.
May i try once more?
Kind regards and sorry for my englisch
By the way :funny comments

Thing O Doom

Mar 10, 2012
Phoenix
Try V0.2, it fixes reboot problems mostly. If it can't see it, then drivers need to be re/installed. Is USB debugging enabled?
So did you manage to get Rouge recovery on there and root?

Reactions: 1234556789

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    TF101, SL101 and TF101G on ICS firmwares anything else is untested.
    Also should work on TF201 and TF300T on ICS ONLY!
    For Windows, tested on windows 7 x64 bit, xp 32 bit and windows 7 32 bit.
    Your data will be retained, unless you wipe in TWRP or something :p

UPDATE:
    Added V0.41 which includes TWRP
    Also V0.42 which is even newer TWRP!

apk not working sofar :[

If you have a TF201, or TF300T, this will work still, but you need to replace the included file 'recoveryblob' with a recoveryblob from a recovery from your device (download the .zip file for the recovery you want, and extract the 'blob' or 'recoveryblob' file from it and place in PERI folder, naming it recoveryblob and overwriting the otherone!)

Initiate project-PERI:
    Since there's no one-clicks that I've stumbled across, and many people are asking if this-that etc.. works with .24, I've made an easy one-click (ish) that guides you through it and runs the necessary commands.
    Thanks to:
    Team Rouge (I used their touch recovery version)
    Wolf (For his method to flash recovery!)
    Roach (Bootloop fix)
    Members here for testing help :] (I'm bad about typos...)

Download here (feel free to mirror):
    V0.1- Platypus - 13.42MB
    Version 0.1
    Mirror - Thanks Alan1995

V0.2- Elephant - 13.39MB
    Version 0.2
    Mirror - Thanks Alan1995

V0.3- Raptor - 13.39MB
    Version 0.3
    Mirror - Thanks Alan1995

V0.4- Indri - 13.39MB
    Version 0.4
    Mirror - Thanks Alan1995

V0.41- TwrpyIndri - 14.29MB
    Version 0.41 (TWRP 2.3.2.3)

V0.42- TwrpyIndri Cutting Edge - 14.15MB
    Version 0.42 -- Recommended (TWRP 2.5.0.0)

Just unzip it to a folder anywhere and run the .bat file!
    Works with or without MicroSD, just let the device totally reboot (E.G. don't let any commands run at the splash screen or in recovery.)
    Fixed reboot confusion in V0.2 -Didn't fix in v0.2, Did fix in v0.3 though

If I did anything wrong, or offended any devs, killed someone's cat, or something else, Please let me know!

Post here with any questions or problems, I tested this and everything worked fine, but still consider it as final? release candidate 4.
    Did it work?
    This should do everything needed, and all is included in zip!

If you want to skip any steps that you've already done if you mess up, just unplug the USB and pretend that it isn't throwing 'device not found' errors, then get back to where you were.
    If superuser isn't installing but you have recovery, try 'fix permissions' in recovery. -- Fixed (hopefully) in V0.2

Read the readme and run as administrator! Video-tut is here!
    **Also attached to thread.**

PERI - Changelog --
    Code:
    [*][B]V0.42[/B]
    -- Added [I]cutting edge[/I] TWRP 2.5.0.0
    -- Thanks jazzruby
    [B]V0.41[/B]
    -- Added TWRP 2.3.2.3 recovery, finally c:
    -- Fixed a couple typos.
    -- Fed a llama candy.
    [B]V0.4[/B]
    -- Added option for ROOT users to just flash recovery.
    -- Added unbrick/bootloop fix option for those that can access adb (hopefully works)
    -- Bug fix, minor layout change.
    -- Second-Last windows release! :D 'Last is auto APX unbrick..' Then the app.
    -- Indri
    [B]V0.3[/B]
    -- Fixed reboot typo that causes failed reboot
    -- Other layout issues and typos
    -- [I]Added a Readme, read it[/I]
    -- Got angry at video recorder for not working.
    -- Raptor
    [B]V0.2[/B]
    -- Fixed a few layout issues and typos.
    -- Added driver autoinstaller for Windows 7. (XP Can still use manual)
    -- Updated the SU zip I was using, hopefully fixes fake error messages.
    -- Fixed reboot confusion (Reordered command layout)
    -- Elephant

[B]V0.1[/B]
    [I]-- Initial Release[/I]
    -- Helps you root and install recovery.
    -- Simple mostly automated batch script.
    -- Driver install guide too!
    -- Reboot bug included!
    -- Platypus
    [/CENTER]

Tl;DR: This installs recovery and walks you through rooting your device from total stock. It includes everything you need, download is above.
    It also functions as a unbrick for soft-bricks where you can access ADB or if your recovery is bootlooping and won't flash anything.

If you already have root: This tool will work on an already rooted tf to install Rouge's latest Touch Recovery (Reads from internal and external)
    --if you're in a bootloop and can boot into android via-cold-boot, this will fix it! :D--
    So if anyone who's already rooted doesn't mind doing further testing on it that would be great, the more reports the better!

If the superuser.zip isn't giving you root (For whatever reason o_O) try flashing the attached SuperSU I packed.

Video:
    How to use PERI to root your Transformer!
    **coming soon**

Unbricking/fix recovery bootloop:
    I added an unbricking help/feature in V0.4 that'll help with bootloops or softbricks. PERI will help you through it.

**If you want to use the 'I'm already rooted just flash recovery' feature, you need to have given adb su access already!!!**

I bricked my tab on purpose using ROM manager to test the unbricker. Seems to work fine, let me know.
    It might have bugs though and not work, in which case 'Don't taze me bro!'
    I pretty much copy-pasted roach's bootloop fix.

--
    If I helped, click thanks! :)

Thing O Doom isn't responsible for bricks, dead cats, or thermonuclear war. (Although I will help you with the first two. Seek a bomb shelter if you experience the third problem.)

The .bat is open-source, download the .zip and take a look at the .bat with notepad++, if you like.

If you're having driver issues, give USBdeview a looksee.
    Uploaded the tool to xda
    I have the same problem... TF101G 9.2.2.4, rooted with PERI 0.4, trying to update to 9.2.2.6 OTA stops in Rogue XM recovery saying "failed to veryfy whole-file signature".

Been searching around now, but there is no clear indication of what is possible and I don't want to risk reading between the lines, so here my question: is there any possible known documented way to update to 9.2.2.6 from 9.2.2.4 with PERI-0.4?

Alternatively, I've also looked at ways to restore stock recovery (and remove Rogue XM), but I haven't been able to find anything clear either (again, I don't want to "guess", it's just too risky for me).

UPDATE:

Nevermind, I found a way, here's the step by step way for people who have the same issue:

1. Go to http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1689193 and download the 1-Click Transformer Root tool

2. Do the process that restores ASUS stock recovery

3. Update OTA to 9.2.2.6

4. (optional) root or flash CWM recovery if you want

(Sometimes it's really hard to search and find solutions for problems, especially when most postings are written for people who already know lots of terms associated with flashing and ROMs, and there rarely is any glossary that explains anything)
    I'll be releasing an On TF101 / TF101G / Slider android App that does the process without needing a computer in a few days, that'll be Version 1.0 of PERI. Glad it's working so well ;]