FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Unofficial Firmware beta testing and update discussion!

1,895 posts
Thanks Meter: 501

By clouds5, Senior Member on 30th May 2012, 09:51 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
1st June 2012, 01:28 PM |#91  
Thanks Meter: 383

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yod-b

can you please clarify what the word 'soon' exactly means in your vocabulary?

Yeah, "soon" does seem to be a "subjective" term around here

1st June 2012, 01:39 PM |#92  
Thanks Meter: 220

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by demandarin

soon would be better to say lol

"or so" gives a significant amount of leeway
The Following User Says Thank You to ylexot For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ylexot Ad-Free
1st June 2012, 02:02 PM |#93  
Flag Alexandria, Va
Thanks Meter: 2,049

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicaned_UK

Pretty please can you confirm the Android version of the new update please? Is it 4.0.3 or 4.0.4?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to demandarin For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift demandarin Ad-Free
1st June 2012, 03:19 PM |#94  
Flag Preveza
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Wink
Thanks for all the GOOD NEWS DEMANDARIN!
While browser issues are the most important to me, i would like to know if they included FACE UNLOCK this time. I know it's not so important but it would not harm me if i had it

THANKS AGAIN!
1st June 2012, 03:42 PM |#95  
Thanks Meter: 813

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechSavvy2

Could be wrong here, but from the many different ics kernels I've tested along with different roms etc, it wouldn't surprise me if they are holding off on 3.x kernel due to stability issues. All the different roms and whatnot all had severe problems when converting over and it was just recently that they seemed to switch. And they don't even all work yet.

Just a thought.

3.x kernels have way more benefits than current kernel. Only widespread issue is that each kernel dev is trying to tweak these kernels to the max causing instabilities.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
1st June 2012, 04:00 PM |#96  
Flag East Coast
Thanks Meter: 473

Donate to Me
More
yeah.. I don't know what stability issues you're referring to but my Galaxy Nexus doesn't have any issues on 3.0.8 kernel ..what comes with 4.0.4 .. no reboots battery life is fine, but from the post in the Infinity thread showing what software it was on it still had the old kernel so I don't see Prime getting 3.0 anytime soon regardless of what excuse you want use for Asus using the old one
1st June 2012, 04:53 PM |#97  
Flag Alexandria, Va
Thanks Meter: 2,049

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaixis

Thanks for all the GOOD NEWS DEMANDARIN!
While browser issues are the most important to me, i would like to know if they included FACE UNLOCK this time. I know it's not so important but it would not harm me if i had it

THANKS AGAIN!

i forgot all about that. ill check for it when i get off.
1st June 2012, 05:00 PM |#98  
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 79

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yod-b

can you please clarify what the word 'soon' exactly means in your vocabulary?

Wish we were getting what is rumored to be going on the Google Asus Nexus 7 tablet.
1st June 2012, 05:58 PM |#99  
Flag Nashua, NH
Thanks Meter: 58

More
Haven't we been getting an update "soon" for two months now? On top of fixing the lag issues, it would be nice to see the things that were supposed to work in the last update work....face unlock and direct wifi.

Kinda starting to feel like that horse who just can't get that stupid carrot thats dangling.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to krispy521 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift krispy521 Ad-Free
1st June 2012, 06:39 PM |#100  
Thanks Meter: 544

More
Read Gary Key's update status that he posted "yesterday". And seems it was just posted yesterday, I'd say it'll be a bit still. Yes he did say the same thing about a different update a few weeks back, but if you notice what the new one contains (quoted from himself and demanderin) I'd say its well worth the wait.

And that's how you know we're spoiled with the amount of updates we get is when two months is no longer frequent enough. Its been 8 months since my phone got an update. And that's a Nexus device.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TechSavvy2 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TechSavvy2 Ad-Free
1st June 2012, 07:01 PM |#101  
Thanks Meter: 383

More
Well, remember, some of us are waiting for fixes, not features, hopefully asus can do us proud
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to banderos101 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift banderos101 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)