FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
H10 Turbo

Help with setting wallpapers.

972 posts
Thanks Meter: 120
 
By Warren_Orange, Senior Member on 2nd June 2012, 05:00 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi.

I'm trying to set a wallpaper on my Tablet S.

I've read that ICS uses 1920 x 1280, but when I set it it doesn't look right.

All I want is the stock ICS wallpaper.

I've seen the Tablet S Template PSD file, but I don't know how to use it.

Can anyone help?
 
 
3rd June 2012, 01:47 PM |#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
wallpaper wizardrii
Just use wallpaper wizardrii it can put the complete wallpaper with out have to use the crop guide of android free on the play store
3rd June 2012, 04:55 PM |#3  
Cat McGowan's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 367
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren_Orange

Hi.
I'm trying to set a wallpaper on my Tablet S.
I've read that ICS uses 1920 x 1280, but when I set it it doesn't look right.
All I want is the stock ICS wallpaper.
I've seen the Tablet S Template PSD file, but I don't know how to use it.
Can anyone help?

Yes, the full scale H x V dimensions for Sony Tablet S ICS wallpaper images is 1920 x 1280 pixels, but the images must be cropped if they are to be displayed correctly.

Sony explains how to select a wallpaper image in ICS HERE. To the best of my knowledge, Sony has not yet released a video showing how to crop an image in ICS, however, they do show how to crop an image in HC in this VIDEO located at YouTube's web site. Cropping a wallpaper image in ICS is done pretty much the same way as it was in HC.

I provided a wallpaper image template and explained the pixel dimensions and viewable areas of wallpaper images HERE. I hope you find the template and information useful.

I make my own wallpaper images using an image editing program on my PC then copy them to my tablet into a folder I created and named /sdcard/Pictures/Wallpapers. Any images stored in the tablet's /sdcard/Pictures folder and its subfolders can be previewed and chosen via the "Gallery" selection on the "Choose wallpaper from" pop-up that appears whenever you long-press on any blank area near the center of the tablet's screen. You can also get to the "Gallery" selection via Settings > Display > Wallpaper.

Of course, you could always download and install wallpaper apps, but most of them are advertisement based and they never provided the control you can have by making your own wallpaper images and cropping them yourself.

I hope you find my reply helpful.
4th June 2012, 09:46 AM |#4  
Member
Flag Palermo
Thanks Meter: 7
 
Donate to Me
More
i'm using this for setting wallpaper on my Teblet S!!!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...2FsbHBhcGVyIl0.
4th June 2012, 12:44 PM |#5  
Cat McGowan's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 367
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by traumakom

i'm using this for setting wallpaper on my Teblet S!!!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...2FsbHBhcGVyIl0.

I also have installed the Simple Image Wallpaper app that your link leads to. It is actually a free, open source, non-advertisement based Live Wallpaper app. It works well, IMHO. One nice feature of the app is it allows for using different images for landscape and portrait mode.

Simple Image Wallpaper works best with images whose pixel resolution is the same as the screen of the telephone or tablet the app is installed on. For the Sony Tablet S in landscape mode, images that are 1280 x 752 pixels work best. In portrait mode, images that are 800 x 1232 pixels work best.

If the image is not 1280 x 752 or 800 x 1232 pixels, Simple Image Wallpaper will rotate the image if necessary for best fit, then stretch or shrink the image, and then crop the image until it fits the tablet's screen. This will sometimes cause parts of the image to be unviewable or to be displayed in a mode opposite to the intended landscape or portrait mode. Still, it's a great app.
4th June 2012, 04:56 PM |#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 131
 
More
Had expected lag what with it being a live wallpaper, but none at all, fantastic!
30th December 2013, 03:59 PM |#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 66
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat McGowan

I also have installed the Simple Image Wallpaper app that your link leads to. It is actually a free, open source, non-advertisement based Live Wallpaper app. It works well, IMHO. One nice feature of the app is it allows for using different images for landscape and portrait mode.

Simple Image Wallpaper works best with images whose pixel resolution is the same as the screen of the telephone or tablet the app is installed on. For the Sony Tablet S in landscape mode, images that are 1280 x 752 pixels work best. In portrait mode, images that are 800 x 1232 pixels work best.

If the image is not 1280 x 752 or 800 x 1232 pixels, Simple Image Wallpaper will rotate the image if necessary for best fit, then stretch or shrink the image, and then crop the image until it fits the tablet's screen. This will sometimes cause parts of the image to be unviewable or to be displayed in a mode opposite to the intended landscape or portrait mode. Still, it's a great app.

Sorry to give this thread one hell of a bump but Simple Image Wallpaper just saved my sanity! Thanks, the word needs to be spread about this. I tried all the other "apps" and I can't get an image to display correctly in landscape mode to save my life. I'm using this on my Samsung Galaxy Note 3. It took me a minute to find it though under "wallpaper>live wallpaper" because it does not appear in my app drawer.

Thanks again!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes