[ROM][GB 2.3.7][Port]LewaOS R.282 Testing version [1/9/2013]

Search This thread

Rafase282

Oct 25, 2006
Bronx
This is my first port ever so any advice, feedback is appreciated.
I'm not a developer, I just want to learn and I found that doing this port was not too difficult. So if anyone feels like helping me out learn about porting, etc then feel free to contact me.

I decided to open this thread for better support and faster feedback as I'm planing to keep it as up to date, bug free as my skills and time permit.

Well the official website for the rom is LewaOS

Credit: Thanks to xj220gt, for his initial port that got my interest, to the CM team since I'm using their roms as a base, and to whoever else credit is due.

New baseband = March 11 2012
Old Baseband = July 2011
Download links:

Code:
[B]Current released version:[/B]

[URL="http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?zntk35vbbd72f2n"] LewaOS-R.282_13.01.09[/URL]

[B]Old version:[/B]
[URL="http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ri1kw4uvfpy0mye"]R.282 LewaOS Turbo 05/10/2012[/URL]
[URL="http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?wt2k7z9reqs0dj6"]R.282 LewaOS Turbo 20/07/2012[/URL]
[URL="http://www.mediafire.com/?5w1zqc1jceb1p4l"]R.282 LewaOS RC3[/URL] (New Baseband)
[URL="http://www.mediafire.com/?vhc9gbvyvnb1112"]R.282 LewaOS RC3[/URL] (Old Baseband)

Screenshots!
Check my Gallery

The tutorials have been moved to the third post.

Last edited:

Rafase282

Oct 25, 2006
Bronx
Changelog

Changelog:

January 8th, 2013
Code:
[QUOTE]
LewaOS-R282-13.8.1 testing 

Removed some bloat
Updated to the latest version of cm and lewa.

[/QUOTE]

[U]June 4th, 2012
Code:
[QUOTE]
LewaOS-Base-release_nBB 

Port based on released 2012/3/22 of Lewa OS for HuaWei X5 (U8800x) suit for kernel 2.6.35.7
Base rom is CM7.2 nightly from 06/03/2012
[B]Added:[/B]
CM camera
ES Explorer
Quickpic latest version
CM voice dialer
CM wallpapers
Support for livewallpapers and a few stock ones from CM
ADW launcher
Term emulator
Gallery 3d (quickpic recommended unless you want picasa photos support)
[B]Added wifi calling[/B]
LGEservices
mms apk
cm music
ROM manager
superuser
Torch

[B]Not working:[/B] Camera blacks out.

Big thanks to jookdakang23 for pointing me out to a more stable build to port from.
[/QUOTE]
[/U]

June 5th, 2012
Code:
[QUOTE]
LewaOS_R.282_p999-RC1-nBB
Port based on released 2012/3/22 of Lewa OS for ZTE Blade v880

[B]Features:[/B]
Deodexed
Zipaligned
updated host to block many adds (like with adblock)

[B]Added apps:[/B]

ADW Launcher (just in case)
Android Terminal
ES File Explorer 1.6.1.6
Gallery 3D (Quick pic recomended)
Wifi calling
LGE services and support for live wallpapers 
CM wallpapers
CM live wallpapers
CM mms app (just in case)
Quickpic 2.3
Rom Manager
Torch app
Voice Dialer

Everything stock is working

[/QUOTE]

June 6th, 2012
Code:
[QUOTE]
[B]LewaOS_R.282_p999-RC2[/B]

Removed ADW Launcher (Not needed and dont fully work, install from market if you want it.
Removed lewa bloat (chinese market, etc)
Removed Quickpic (it was not launching) Left stock one
Odexed (deodexing it gave me a low probability of getting everything to work, maybe for RC3 I'll try again.)
zip aligned
custom host to block adds
[/QUOTE]

Code:
[B]LewaOS_R.282_p999-RC3[/B]
Removed some bloat.
Added support for /data/app (gives user the ability to remove those apps without need for root.)
Updated Lewa launcher
Fixed contact picture issue
Fixed double txt
Deodexed
adds blocked
Added some apps I think are useful but can be easily removed.

June 8th, 2012
Code:
[B]LewaOS_R.282_p999-12.06.08[/B]

Optimized
New interface
Latest version of LewaOS
Stable version
Added wifi calling

From now on, I will update weekly unless some wild bugs appear or new fixes for CM bugs shows up.

[SIZE="5"][B]LewaOS Bugs:[/B][/SIZE]

[B]Confirmed:[/B]

Mobile Network Settings is completly white.
Video Recording not working.
No option to change lockscreen.
Settings crash when changing call settings.
Loock screen is partially in chinese

[B]Not Confirmed:[/B]
Pulling down notification bar makes the bar goes down then back up.
Wallpaper crashes.
No root?

LewaOS Official Changelog

Code:
SMS
- Optimized MMS paperclip symbol to show the incomplete
- Optimize the interface of the instant messaging pop-up box
- Optimize a new message, a common point of contact listed rules
- Optimization in the SMS settings SMS instant suggestions "to" information immediately prompted
- Optimize the removal of the SMS in SMS settings limit and MMS restrictions
- Fixed a bug where after repeated contact with a contact, when the new message, commonly used contacts will show repeated
- Repair information address, use Baidu input method to enter the word, click the Delete key, contacts stored FC
- Repair contact information is still being saved as a draft
- Repair response through instant messaging frog letter, the state in its session interface has been "sent ..."
- Add existing contacts to repair bulk SMS search interface can not use Family Names
- Repair the music player interface, Sogou input method to reply to instant messaging, replies finished keyboard does not automatically recover
- Repair contact only with a number of text messages, re-edit the new SMS, add a contact does not have this number of automatic memory

System
- Repair boot sometimes get stuck in the "Music Experience" interface
- Fixed connection WiFi, enter the WiFi interface and then return to the WiFi will automatically disconnect
- Optimized the HVGA bottom of the phone to confirm / cancel button too much

Security interceptor
- Optimize the long number of pop-up option box in the white list interface, increasing the "Move to blacklist feature
- Repair will receive spam messages are added to the blacklist, and then the numbers go to the white list to return to the message list, press and the number should not be removed from the blacklist. "
- Optimization of telephone intercepts to add numbers to the white list, press and the number of telephone intercepts, the "Add to white list" to "Move to blacklist   

Call
- Added automatic call recording function (System Settings -> Applications -> Call -> automatic recording)
- Fix non-card or no network, a normal call, it should give the user a prompt to tell the user can not call
- Fixed blocking rules set to block all numbers, outgoing calls and hang up immediately when the call icon in the status bar does not disappear
- The process of repair calls to instant messaging, and the other side hang up the phone, our instant messaging window with the switch off
- Repair a conference call, management conference call interface "return call" button font color and background color similar and difficult to see the text

Version update
- Repair to cancel on the download, click on "Download the new version of" no response
- Fixed non-WiFi to download the full package, the network cut to the next WiFi, the download can not continue

Status Bar
- Add user custom shortcut switches the display and location of the order
- Repair the data storage mode, disconnect the USB cable, re-insert the data storage mode is still open
- Repair quickly click twice on USB storage, USB storage has been closed, but in fact the USB storage to open
- Repair masked the missed call notification bar ad blocking incoming calls drop-down status bar once FC

How to install:

1-) Make a nandroid backup of most recent working rom. Also use titaniumbackup or similar to backup your data
2-) Wipe clean all partitions
3-) Flash the new Rom
4-) Flash GAPPS
5-) Flash your kernel (optional)
6-) Boot up
7-) Restore your apps, be mindful when restoring settings.

I know this might be a lot of work, but that is the safest way I have found to keep my data as I have lots of apps. Also You must keep your sd card files intact for this to work.

After first boot, do the initial setup, fix permissions and reboot. That is all.

What is working: Everything.
What is not working: As far as I know no issues.

Last edited:

Rafase282

Oct 25, 2006
Bronx
Add-ons

If you want my zip with the updated camera.apk and updated libs for the new baseband then flash this. The mod was not made by me, I just updated the libs to make it work with current roms.

Gapps:
gapps-gb-20110828-signed
gapps-gb-20110828-newtalk-signed for the New Gtalk with video support.

Kernels supported: Basically anything that is for CM7.
Trinity kernels Official website
ELP-G2x-06022012 For battery saver.
T15-G2x-06022012 For better performance over battery.

Faux kernel version 054 is the latest
His kernels are here

You will need a custom recovery with support for ext4 for trinity kernels, if you want use these.
For windows: One-Click ClockworkMod Recovery NvFlasher
For Linux: CWM-Based Recovery 5.0.2.8 For P999(Internal & External SD)
Mac OS: ClockworkMod flash

Harsh Kernel: update-harsh-CM7-3.0.32-P999-0406 Download the CM7 version for p999. (Currently this kernel removes cwm so do not use for now)

Tutorials:
Original guide for porting
dsixda's Android Kitchen
The guide for the kitchen

Bonus Downloads:
CM7.2 nightly from 06/03/2012 for old baseband mod by me.
LG G2X usb drivers for windows.

How to add support for old or new baseband?

I have been asked what did I do to get the latest nightly to support the old baseband so I will just put it here.

To add support for the new baseband just get these 4 files from here.

Then You will open your rom file or just add the files to the following locations replacing old files:

1-)nvddk_audiofx_core.axf to /system/bin/nvddk_audiofx_core.axf
2-)nvrm_daemon to /system/bin/nvrm_daemon
3-)libnvddk_audiofx.so to /system/lib/libnvddk_audiofx.so
4-)libnvmm_audio.so to /system/lib/libnvmm_audio.so

This has only been tested to work with GB

If you want to provide support for the old baseband instead of the new one then just do the same, but get the files from a rom that supports the old baseband, I recommend CM7.2 RC2, it is the same process.

How to unbrick-upgrade or/and downgrade baseband.
Okay the first thing is to go to stock (rooted) 2.3.3 this will work for unbriking and everything. G2X_V21E_00_NVFlash The original thread can be found here.

This is good in case you brick or want to upgrade, you go to a lower version so LG tool let you upgrade.

Code:
[QUOTE="ILUHA_89, post: 17258229, member: 4234630"][COLOR="Blue"][B]ROM for recovery G2X under the NVFLASH [/B][/COLOR]

This method necessary! 
If the device is not loaded and not firmware in other ways! (If you downloaded the wrong firmware in the device)

I took the unpacked program files KDZ and added to them NVFlash and created  BAT file!

Download ROM: [URL="http://www.mediafire.com/?wfokxjxi7rfoaey"]http://www.mediafire.com/?wfokxjxi7rfoaey[/URL]
Mirror: [url]http://www.megaupload.com/?d=C5LBU3DS[/url]
Download APX driver: [url]http://www.mediafire.com/?k559zgjlqkd5ted[/url]

[B][COLOR="DarkOrange"] Installation Instructions: [/COLOR][/B]

[LIST=1]
[*]Download both files 
[*]Unpack it to the C drive to their respective folder 
[*]Remove the battery
[*]Hold Vol Up/Down (and keep them held)
[*]Insert the USB cable
[*]Install APX driver from the your APX folder

For windows 7(and vista? please confirm):
[LIST]
[*]Open Device Manager in Windows and you should see "APX Device" listed with an error
[*]Right click on the APX device
[*]Select 'Update driver software'
[*]Select 'Let me pick...'
[*]Select 'Have disk'
[*]Browse to directory you extracted the APX Driver
[*]Select the *entire* 'APX Driver' folder
[*]Accept any warnings, including the big red alert (you may need to disable UAC)
[*]Now in Device Manager under 'USB Controllers' you should have an 'NVIDIA USB Boot-recovery driver for mobile devices'
[*]If not, uninstall the driver, reboot, rinse and repeat
[*]Unplug everything
[/LIST]
[*]Insert USB cable
[*]open your ROM folder:
[*]Run Flash.bat file and wait for the process
[*]After the logo appears on the LG phone
[*]Unplug USB cable
[*]Insert the battery
[*]enjoy!
[/LIST]

After that, I recommend to firmware device with help programms KDZ or LG Mobile Update[/QUOTE]

Now we need to download the kdz files.
The V21Y_00 update (LG T-Mobile branded Android 2.3.4) can be found here and the Original thread
Use this file for upgrading to the newer baseband.

For downgrading go to this thread on the first post, if you have a T-Mobile phone download this one if not the the other.

From this thread download the offline tool

This tool will let us upgrade or downgrade.

Now the thread provide instructions but many people get lost even with the pictures because there are basic yet important steps he misses.

1-) Unzip the tool.
2-) go to start menu and look for wordpad, do a rick click and run as administrator.
3-) Opend wordpad as administrator, from it, open up the “host” file is under C:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\ or %systemroot%\system32\drivers\etc\ at the bottom add 127.0.0.1 csmg.lgmobile.com.
4-)open cmd.exe as administrator, cd to the unzipped directory and run Automatic Offline Procedure.vbs

To open cm or wordpad as administrator you have to do a search in the menu bar and then a right click and select "run as" or "run as administrator"

5-) The script will install 1. MSXML 4.0 SP3 Parser, let it do it.
6-) The script will also run 2. “windows enabler.exe”, on the status bar (usually right lower corner) a new icon will show up, do a left click and make sure it says on.
7-) 3. Enable the phone’s “USB debugging” mode (menu>settings>applications>development>USB debugging), connect the phone to PC and wait for drivers to be loaded.
:cool: 4. Run "UpTestEX_mod2_marwin.exe" if the script dont already start it. It usually does.
9-) Despite of what the original guides says, the only thing you need to change is select the kdz file.
10-) Press "Normal web upgrade test" > upgrade start >
11-) Select: Clear Phone Software update registry, Select "Different Country" and select your Language. Click <OK>
12-) Ignore any message saying to check the internet and run again, this is good.
13-) Wait until it finishes. If it gives any message that the phone is not connected or something like that, disconnect it, turn it off, remove battery and plug it back holding "Volume Down" key. (Automatically goes to Upgrade mode).

That's it. The same process to upgrade or downgrade.
The last step is to flash cwm. Use the link I provide in this same post.

Most of these stuff is not mine so instead of repeating everything on my own words and add my part, I just use what is there and add my part and provide links to where I got the info or files from. This is my way of giving credit to where it is due without having a list of the names of everyone related or unrelated.

Last edited:

Rafase282

Oct 25, 2006
Bronx
Thanks, I'll give it a try, I need wifi calling, just because I have no reception where I live.

Sent from my LG-P999 using xda premium

I just found out that the lewas dial app crashes when you receive a call. I was testing wifi calls, so the good news is, it works, the bad news is, I'll have to change that app and re-upload.

g1user101

Apr 16, 2010
OC
hey op, just some advice, you should add in the op screenshots, what kind of rom this is, and its features etc. cuz most of us cant read chinese :)

Rafase282

Oct 25, 2006
Bronx
Removed file, I'm going to start over. I broke data while playing with changing the dial apk.

Last edited:

Rafase282

Oct 25, 2006
Bronx
does bluetooth call audio work with this ROM? it didnt work in the latest CM...

If it did not work on CM7.2 Nightly from 05/27/2012 then there is a high chance that it will not work as it is based on that.

I'm currently testing a build. When changing the phone.apk and its odex file for the phone.apk from cm it seems my data is gone and dialers crash at boot. Currently trying to figure out how to fix it.

Last edited:
Reactions: BuddhaTeh1337

Rafase282

Oct 25, 2006
Bronx
After much struggle I decided to start completely clean. So I got the data working again but the dialer would crash when incoming calls.

Now I'm going to try to replace the phone.apk for the CM one. If that works then soon enough I should have a "stable" version soon.

There is a new initial release, check changelog for more info.

Last edited:
Reactions: BuddhaTeh1337

Rafase282

Oct 25, 2006
Bronx
I'm still unable to replace the crappy dialer app from this rom, ugh!

Still working on finsding a solution. If anyone could help me with showing me how to deodex this rom, and even better, how to replace the dialer app without breaking data, please let me know.

Edit: ALso I just finished reuploading, this time I changed the chinese apps for better ones eventhough dialer issue still persist. AT last that would be a better initial release than just pure stock Lewaos.

chipis

Oct 28, 2008
Somewhre in a cave
How i disable lockscreen, so i can add widgets on home screen in Lewas OS rom? Because every time i pressed the screen it locks and dont let me add widgets.

Last edited:

Rafase282

Oct 25, 2006
Bronx
How i disable lockscreen, so i can add widgets on home screen in Lewas OS rom? Because every time i pressed the screen it locks and dont let me add widgets.

Well normally on the lewaos launcher, you just press and hold the screen, then a menu will appear at the button, select widgets, then above that menu the available widgets will show up.

The closest setting I see for lockscreen is on settings>personal>themes<customize> then you get lockscreen and its wallpaper.

Support for themes is fully working. But you need to use the default launcher to see the changes not adw launcher.

Aside from this, I'm not quite sure what is your issue as I can get widgets just fine.

Reactions: chipis

chipis

Oct 28, 2008
Somewhre in a cave
Well normally on the lewaos launcher, you just press and hold the screen, then a menu will appear at the button, select widgets, then above that menu the available widgets will show up.

The closest setting I see for lockscreen is on settings>personal>themes<customize> then you get lockscreen and its wallpaper.

Support for themes is fully working. But you need to use the default launcher to see the changes not adw launcher.

Aside from this, I'm not quite sure what is your issue as I can get widgets just fine.

Thanks i got it!

Rafase282

Oct 25, 2006
Bronx
Old baseband version coming soon. Hopefully this one will be stable. I'm planing on using the latest nightly and remove support of the new baseband to make it work with the old one.

Also I have a untested ICS rom Genesis Beta 9 with support for the new baseband, and updated kernel modified by me. So I'll be going back to the new baseband to test that rom

kwattro76

Aug 3, 2007
Omaha
Yayyyyy,hopefully dialer can be resolved. The Wi-Fi calling apk is in this correct?

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is my first port ever so any advice, feedback is appreciated.
    I'm not a developer, I just want to learn and I found that doing this port was not too difficult. So if anyone feels like helping me out learn about porting, etc then feel free to contact me.

I decided to open this thread for better support and faster feedback as I'm planing to keep it as up to date, bug free as my skills and time permit.

Well the official website for the rom is LewaOS

Credit: Thanks to xj220gt, for his initial port that got my interest, to the CM team since I'm using their roms as a base, and to whoever else credit is due.

New baseband = March 11 2012
    Old Baseband = July 2011
    Download links:

Code:
    [B]Current released version:[/B]

[URL="http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?zntk35vbbd72f2n"] LewaOS-R.282_13.01.09[/URL]

[B]Old version:[/B]
    [URL="http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ri1kw4uvfpy0mye"]R.282 LewaOS Turbo 05/10/2012[/URL]
    [URL="http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?wt2k7z9reqs0dj6"]R.282 LewaOS Turbo 20/07/2012[/URL]
    [URL="http://www.mediafire.com/?5w1zqc1jceb1p4l"]R.282 LewaOS RC3[/URL] (New Baseband)
    [URL="http://www.mediafire.com/?vhc9gbvyvnb1112"]R.282 LewaOS RC3[/URL] (Old Baseband)

Screenshots!
    Check my Gallery

The tutorials have been moved to the third post.
    Add-ons

If you want my zip with the updated camera.apk and updated libs for the new baseband then flash this. The mod was not made by me, I just updated the libs to make it work with current roms.

Gapps:
    gapps-gb-20110828-signed
    gapps-gb-20110828-newtalk-signed for the New Gtalk with video support.

Kernels supported: Basically anything that is for CM7.
    Trinity kernels Official website
    ELP-G2x-06022012 For battery saver.
    T15-G2x-06022012 For better performance over battery.

Faux kernel version 054 is the latest
    His kernels are here

You will need a custom recovery with support for ext4 for trinity kernels, if you want use these.
    For windows: One-Click ClockworkMod Recovery NvFlasher
    For Linux: CWM-Based Recovery 5.0.2.8 For P999(Internal & External SD)
    Mac OS: ClockworkMod flash

Harsh Kernel: update-harsh-CM7-3.0.32-P999-0406 Download the CM7 version for p999. (Currently this kernel removes cwm so do not use for now)

Tutorials:
    Original guide for porting
    dsixda's Android Kitchen
    The guide for the kitchen

Bonus Downloads:
    CM7.2 nightly from 06/03/2012 for old baseband mod by me.
    LG G2X usb drivers for windows.

How to add support for old or new baseband?

I have been asked what did I do to get the latest nightly to support the old baseband so I will just put it here.

To add support for the new baseband just get these 4 files from here.

Then You will open your rom file or just add the files to the following locations replacing old files:

1-)nvddk_audiofx_core.axf to /system/bin/nvddk_audiofx_core.axf
    2-)nvrm_daemon to /system/bin/nvrm_daemon
    3-)libnvddk_audiofx.so to /system/lib/libnvddk_audiofx.so
    4-)libnvmm_audio.so to /system/lib/libnvmm_audio.so

This has only been tested to work with GB

If you want to provide support for the old baseband instead of the new one then just do the same, but get the files from a rom that supports the old baseband, I recommend CM7.2 RC2, it is the same process.

How to unbrick-upgrade or/and downgrade baseband.
    Okay the first thing is to go to stock (rooted) 2.3.3 this will work for unbriking and everything. G2X_V21E_00_NVFlash The original thread can be found here.

This is good in case you brick or want to upgrade, you go to a lower version so LG tool let you upgrade.

Code:
    [QUOTE="ILUHA_89, post: 17258229, member: 4234630"][COLOR="Blue"][B]ROM for recovery G2X under the NVFLASH [/B][/COLOR]

This method necessary! 
    If the device is not loaded and not firmware in other ways! (If you downloaded the wrong firmware in the device)

I took the unpacked program files KDZ and added to them NVFlash and created  BAT file!

Download ROM: [URL="http://www.mediafire.com/?wfokxjxi7rfoaey"]http://www.mediafire.com/?wfokxjxi7rfoaey[/URL]
    Mirror: [url]http://www.megaupload.com/?d=C5LBU3DS[/url]
    Download APX driver: [url]http://www.mediafire.com/?k559zgjlqkd5ted[/url]

[B][COLOR="DarkOrange"] Installation Instructions: [/COLOR][/B]

[LIST=1]
    [*]Download both files 
    [*]Unpack it to the C drive to their respective folder 
    [*]Remove the battery
    [*]Insert the USB cable
    [*]Install APX driver from the your APX folder

For windows 7(and vista? please confirm):
    [LIST]
    [*]Open Device Manager in Windows and you should see "APX Device" listed with an error
    [*]Right click on the APX device
    [*]Select 'Update driver software'
    [*]Select 'Let me pick...'
    [*]Select 'Have disk'
    [*]Browse to directory you extracted the APX Driver
    [*]Select the *entire* 'APX Driver' folder
    [*]Accept any warnings, including the big red alert (you may need to disable UAC)
    [*]Now in Device Manager under 'USB Controllers' you should have an 'NVIDIA USB Boot-recovery driver for mobile devices'
    [*]If not, uninstall the driver, reboot, rinse and repeat
    [*]Unplug everything
    [/LIST]
    [*]Insert USB cable
    [*]open your ROM folder:
    [*]Run Flash.bat file and wait for the process
    [*]After the logo appears on the LG phone
    [*]Unplug USB cable
    [*]Insert the battery
    [*]enjoy!
    [/LIST]

After that, I recommend to firmware device with help programms KDZ or LG Mobile Update[/QUOTE]

Now we need to download the kdz files.
    The V21Y_00 update (LG T-Mobile branded Android 2.3.4) can be found here and the Original thread
    Use this file for upgrading to the newer baseband.

For downgrading go to this thread on the first post, if you have a T-Mobile phone download this one if not the the other.

From this thread download the offline tool

This tool will let us upgrade or downgrade.

Now the thread provide instructions but many people get lost even with the pictures because there are basic yet important steps he misses.

1-) Unzip the tool.
    2-) go to start menu and look for wordpad, do a rick click and run as administrator.
    3-) Opend wordpad as administrator, from it, open up the “host” file is under C:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\ or %systemroot%\system32\drivers\etc\ at the bottom add 127.0.0.1 csmg.lgmobile.com.
    4-)open cmd.exe as administrator, cd to the unzipped directory and run Automatic Offline Procedure.vbs

To open cm or wordpad as administrator you have to do a search in the menu bar and then a right click and select "run as" or "run as administrator"

5-) The script will install 1. MSXML 4.0 SP3 Parser, let it do it.
    6-) The script will also run 2. “windows enabler.exe”, on the status bar (usually right lower corner) a new icon will show up, do a left click and make sure it says on.
    7-) 3. Enable the phone’s “USB debugging” mode (menu>settings>applications>development>USB debugging), connect the phone to PC and wait for drivers to be loaded.
    :cool: 4. Run "UpTestEX_mod2_marwin.exe" if the script dont already start it. It usually does.
    9-) Despite of what the original guides says, the only thing you need to change is select the kdz file.
    10-) Press "Normal web upgrade test" > upgrade start >
    11-) Select: Clear Phone Software update registry, Select "Different Country" and select your Language. Click <OK>
    12-) Ignore any message saying to check the internet and run again, this is good.
    13-) Wait until it finishes. If it gives any message that the phone is not connected or something like that, disconnect it, turn it off, remove battery and plug it back holding "Volume Down" key. (Automatically goes to Upgrade mode).

That's it. The same process to upgrade or downgrade.
    The last step is to flash cwm. Use the link I provide in this same post.

Most of these stuff is not mine so instead of repeating everything on my own words and add my part, I just use what is there and add my part and provide links to where I got the info or files from. This is my way of giving credit to where it is due without having a list of the names of everyone related or unrelated.
    Changelog

Changelog:

January 8th, 2013
    Code:
    [QUOTE]
    LewaOS-R282-13.8.1 testing 

Removed some bloat
    Updated to the latest version of cm and lewa.

[/QUOTE]

[U]June 4th, 2012
    Code:
    [QUOTE]
    LewaOS-Base-release_nBB 

Port based on released 2012/3/22 of Lewa OS for HuaWei X5 (U8800x) suit for kernel 2.6.35.7
    Base rom is CM7.2 nightly from 06/03/2012
    [B]Added:[/B]
    CM camera
    ES Explorer
    Quickpic latest version
    CM voice dialer
    CM wallpapers
    Support for livewallpapers and a few stock ones from CM
    ADW launcher
    Term emulator
    Gallery 3d (quickpic recommended unless you want picasa photos support)
    [B]Added wifi calling[/B]
    LGEservices
    mms apk
    cm music
    ROM manager
    superuser
    Torch

[B]Not working:[/B] Camera blacks out.

Big thanks to jookdakang23 for pointing me out to a more stable build to port from.
    [/QUOTE]
    [/U]

June 5th, 2012
    Code:
    [QUOTE]
    LewaOS_R.282_p999-RC1-nBB

[B]Features:[/B]
    Deodexed
    Zipaligned
    updated host to block many adds (like with adblock)

[B]Added apps:[/B]

ADW Launcher (just in case)
    Android Terminal
    ES File Explorer 1.6.1.6
    Gallery 3D (Quick pic recomended)
    Wifi calling
    LGE services and support for live wallpapers 
    CM wallpapers
    CM live wallpapers
    CM mms app (just in case)
    Quickpic 2.3
    Rom Manager
    Torch app
    Voice Dialer

Everything stock is working

[/QUOTE]

June 6th, 2012
    Code:
    [QUOTE]
    [B]LewaOS_R.282_p999-RC2[/B]

Removed ADW Launcher (Not needed and dont fully work, install from market if you want it.
    Removed lewa bloat (chinese market, etc)
    Removed Quickpic (it was not launching) Left stock one
    Odexed (deodexing it gave me a low probability of getting everything to work, maybe for RC3 I'll try again.)
    zip aligned
    custom host to block adds
    [/QUOTE]

Code:
    [B]LewaOS_R.282_p999-RC3[/B]
    Removed some bloat.
    Added support for /data/app (gives user the ability to remove those apps without need for root.)
    Updated Lewa launcher
    Fixed contact picture issue
    Fixed double txt
    Deodexed
    adds blocked
    Added some apps I think are useful but can be easily removed.

June 8th, 2012
    Code:
    [B]LewaOS_R.282_p999-12.06.08[/B]

Optimized
    New interface
    Latest version of LewaOS
    Stable version
    Added wifi calling

From now on, I will update weekly unless some wild bugs appear or new fixes for CM bugs shows up.

[SIZE="5"][B]LewaOS Bugs:[/B][/SIZE]

[B]Confirmed:[/B]

Mobile Network Settings is completly white.
    Video Recording not working.
    No option to change lockscreen.
    Settings crash when changing call settings.
    Loock screen is partially in chinese

[B]Not Confirmed:[/B]
    Pulling down notification bar makes the bar goes down then back up.
    Wallpaper crashes.
    No root?

LewaOS Official Changelog

Code:
    SMS
    - Optimized MMS paperclip symbol to show the incomplete
    - Optimize the interface of the instant messaging pop-up box
    - Optimize a new message, a common point of contact listed rules
    - Optimization in the SMS settings SMS instant suggestions "to" information immediately prompted
    - Optimize the removal of the SMS in SMS settings limit and MMS restrictions
    - Fixed a bug where after repeated contact with a contact, when the new message, commonly used contacts will show repeated
    - Repair information address, use Baidu input method to enter the word, click the Delete key, contacts stored FC
    - Repair contact information is still being saved as a draft
    - Repair response through instant messaging frog letter, the state in its session interface has been "sent ..."
    - Add existing contacts to repair bulk SMS search interface can not use Family Names
    - Repair the music player interface, Sogou input method to reply to instant messaging, replies finished keyboard does not automatically recover
    - Repair contact only with a number of text messages, re-edit the new SMS, add a contact does not have this number of automatic memory

System
    - Repair boot sometimes get stuck in the "Music Experience" interface
    - Fixed connection WiFi, enter the WiFi interface and then return to the WiFi will automatically disconnect
    - Optimized the HVGA bottom of the phone to confirm / cancel button too much

Security interceptor
    - Optimize the long number of pop-up option box in the white list interface, increasing the "Move to blacklist feature
    - Repair will receive spam messages are added to the blacklist, and then the numbers go to the white list to return to the message list, press and the number should not be removed from the blacklist. "
    - Optimization of telephone intercepts to add numbers to the white list, press and the number of telephone intercepts, the "Add to white list" to "Move to blacklist   

Call
    - Added automatic call recording function (System Settings -> Applications -> Call -> automatic recording)
    - Fix non-card or no network, a normal call, it should give the user a prompt to tell the user can not call
    - Fixed blocking rules set to block all numbers, outgoing calls and hang up immediately when the call icon in the status bar does not disappear
    - The process of repair calls to instant messaging, and the other side hang up the phone, our instant messaging window with the switch off
    - Repair a conference call, management conference call interface "return call" button font color and background color similar and difficult to see the text

Version update
    - Repair to cancel on the download, click on "Download the new version of" no response
    - Fixed non-WiFi to download the full package, the network cut to the next WiFi, the download can not continue

Status Bar
    - Add user custom shortcut switches the display and location of the order
    - Repair the data storage mode, disconnect the USB cable, re-insert the data storage mode is still open
    - Repair quickly click twice on USB storage, USB storage has been closed, but in fact the USB storage to open
    - Repair masked the missed call notification bar ad blocking incoming calls drop-down status bar once FC

How to install:

1-) Make a nandroid backup of most recent working rom. Also use titaniumbackup or similar to backup your data
    2-) Wipe clean all partitions
    3-) Flash the new Rom
    4-) Flash GAPPS
    5-) Flash your kernel (optional)
    6-) Boot up
    7-) Restore your apps, be mindful when restoring settings.

I know this might be a lot of work, but that is the safest way I have found to keep my data as I have lots of apps. Also You must keep your sd card files intact for this to work.

After first boot, do the initial setup, fix permissions and reboot. That is all.

What is working: Everything.
    What is not working: As far as I know no issues.
    I just installed the Lewas ROM. I see a couple of problems:
    1. Battery drain is irrational, esspecially with the wi-wi turned on.
    2. Cam Recording do not work
    3. The Lock Screen has some chinese letters
    4. Settings -> Mobile Settings =blank, white page.
    5. Settings-> Themes = crash
    6. Random problems with freezing after waking the cell up.

They are problems, which I see. I think, however, that the ROM is worth to try.

Here is my latest unrelease version, it has some improvements already applied to my MookeOS but most likely receiving calls will not work. To fix that I have to use the Phone.apk from the RC port I have, anything else I have tried is not working.

When you do replace the phone.apk then problem number 4 happens and call settings crashes too.

Camera recorder should be working tho. So anyone feel free to do this. I didnt want to release an "official" update until I could solve that issue but if you dont mind the problem 4 then this should still be a much better version than the previous one.

Right now I'm a bit busy with a couple of classes and personal life so updates will be slow unless someone helps me fix this issue.

The rom Have fun!
    The new lewa site is complicate and I cant find the apks, they used to have one for home. Currently taking pieces of lewa and putting it on mokee. Kind of making a combination of both just because I dont feel like writing essays at the moment.