[Q] Sttngs> Accnts & Sync> Google> Sync Internet!

847 posts
Thanks Meter: 122

By typhoonikan, Senior Member on 4th June 2012, 03:00 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
It isn't syncing and has never synced since I got the EVO LTE.
Whats up with this?
I want my bookmarks from Chrome =(

Does anyone have theirs syncing?

Also, I am meaning for Stock HTC browser (not Chrome beta)
I followed these instructions at the bottom of the page, but still not syncing.
http://www.htc.com/help/www/howto_if...ype=1&p_id=440
The Following User Says Thank You to typhoonikan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift typhoonikan Ad-Free
4th June 2012, 03:39 PM |#2  
Flag Costa Mesa, CA
Thanks Meter: 212

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by typhoonikan

It isn't syncing and has never synced since I got the EVO LTE.
Whats up with this?
I want my bookmarks from Chrome =(

Does anyone have theirs syncing?

Also, I am meaning for Stock HTC browser (not Chrome beta)
I followed these instructions at the bottom of the page, but still not syncing.
http://www.htc.com/help/www/howto_if...ype=1&p_id=440

I had this problem too I had to clear my chrome sync data on my Google account clear the data on the Internet app and then sign in and out of chrome. Make sure you are only encrypting your passwords in chrome.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to donatom3 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift donatom3 Ad-Free
4th June 2012, 04:07 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Pittsburgh

More
I will try this. Thanks for the suggestion

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G LTE using XDA
4th June 2012, 04:50 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Pittsburgh

More
Oh fantastic!
It worked.
For anyone else who stumbles across this thread, what I did was...

In google chrome settings via a computer, There is a hyperlink to google dashboard. Go there and down to Chrome Sync, I reset and deleted chrome data. (Don't worry, it doesn't delete your bookmarks, picasa, or gmail). Then it reset Chrome so that it was not "encrypt all data" and instead is now "encrypt with password", like you said.

Problem fixed.
Thank you so much!
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to typhoonikan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift typhoonikan Ad-Free
4th June 2012, 05:01 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 43

More
Is it possible to sync both my personal laptop and work PC to chrome? I have my laptop syncing to my primary gmail account and my work PC to my secondary gmail. Can I sync both computers to the same gmail and maintain separate, unique settings for each?

Sent from my EVO using XDA
4th June 2012, 05:13 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Pittsburgh

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by browning

Is it possible to sync both my personal laptop and work PC to chrome? I have my laptop syncing to my primary gmail account and my work PC to my secondary gmail. Can I sync both computers to the same gmail and maintain separate, unique settings for each?

In chrome settings, disable syncing to whichever account you want to let go. Then sign back in with the correct account.

Then, under the syncing options, you can chose what exactly to sync; Browsing history, extensions, bookmarks, etc.

So, yes.
4th June 2012, 05:28 PM |#7  

More
Quote:

In chrome settings, disable syncing to whichever account you want to let go. Then sign back in with the correct account.

Then, under the syncing options, you can chose what exactly to sync; Browsing history, extensions, bookmarks, etc.

So, yes.

If I am understanding correctly, I can sign into both machines using a single email (gmail account) and they will both stay synced separately? Just want to make sure I'm retaining all of my synced settings for both machines. Thanks for the clarification.
4th June 2012, 07:56 PM |#8  

More
What I don't like about this is that it merges all bookmarks and items in the bookmark bar. I wish it would keep them separate by device. Not practical with the work computer...

10th June 2012, 03:04 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 48

More
Worked perfectly. Thank you.
10th June 2012, 06:53 PM |#10  
Flag san diego
Thanks Meter: 21

More
fixed finally
On my sensation it seems that "reset Chrome so that it was not "encrypt all data" and instead is now "encrypt password" is what repaired my "internet sync" problem.

Thank you!

Quote:

Oh fantastic!
It worked.
For anyone else who stumbles across this thread, what I did was...

In google chrome settings via a computer, There is a hyperlink to google dashboard. Go there and down to Chrome Sync, I reset and deleted chrome data. (Don't worry, it doesn't delete your bookmarks, picasa, or gmail). Then it reset Chrome so that it was not "encrypt all data" and instead is now "encrypt with password", like you said.

Problem fixed.
Thank you so much!

7th October 2012, 01:29 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thumbs up internet sync not working on galaxy 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mchstream

On my sensation it seems that "reset Chrome so that it was not "encrypt all data" and instead is now "encrypt password" is what repaired my "internet sync" problem.

Thank you!

This worked for me too! I previously had had chrome. Had to get a new galaxy 3. I redownloaded chrome on the new phone and deleted sync data from my desktop then signed back in to chrome on desktop as well . Went back to my phone and hit sync internet and it worked.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
question

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)