We were unable to run "adb root" and "adb remount" using the stock Kernel, so I modified it a bit to make it work. This package must be flashed using ODIN.
COMPATIBLE WITH ALL GT-P5100 / GT-P5110 MODELS RUNNING STOCK ROM!!!
=> STOCK ROM GT-P5100 / GT-P5110 / GT-P5113 MODELS (ALD7/ALD9)
=> Fry ROM (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1691194)
Flash at your own risk! Kernel changes are dangerous. You have been warned.
Flashing your tablet using ODIN will void your warranty! Flashing this kernel will increase the counter in your bootloader GUI.
The zip is attached to this post. How to use:
========== Flashing the stock rooted KERNEL ================
1. Save and extract the zip file to a folder.
2. Shut down your tab.
3. Disconnect tab from USB and/or power cables.
4. Hold "Power+Volume UP" physical buttons on your tablet to initiate download mode.
5. Press "Volume DOWN" physical button on your tablet to confirm and enter ODIN mode.
6. On your PC, open "Odin3 v1.85.exe"
7. Press "PDA" button in ODIN and select the "espresso-any-root-kernel.tar.md5" file.
8. Connect your tablet using a USB cable. In ODIN you should see the device "<added>" message appear. If you do not, there is a problem with the Samsung drivers installation.
9. Confirm that only the following options are checked in ODIN: "Auto Reboot", "F. Reset Time", "PDA". DO NOT CHECK RE-PARTITION!!! NEVER!!!
10. Click the big "Start" button and wait a few seconds. Flashing the boot.img (will appear KERNEL in ODIN) is super-fast, so it'll just take a second!
11. After kernel flash, the tablet will reset automatically.
12. Congratulations you are now running a rooted kernel on your tablet.
Happy flashing and enjoy your rooted kernel!