FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Stock ICS Keyboard

23 posts
Thanks Meter: 18

By witiko92, Junior Member on 5th June 2012, 01:17 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Having salvaged the apk files from the Galaxy Nexus ROM and the necessary lib from the apks themselves, I thought I'd share this find of mine. Sure, there are ICS-like keyboards on Google Play, but this is the genuine deal for all of you, whose ICS ROM doesn't include the stock keyboard (TouchWiz based ROMs, for one).

How to install via adb:
Quote:

adb remount
adb push LatinImeGoogle.apk /system/app
adb push LatinImeDictionaryPack.apk /system/app
adb shell mv /system/lib/libjni_latinime.so /system/lib/libjni_latinime.so.old
adb push libjni_latinime.so /system/lib

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2012-06-05-02-42-29.jpg
Views:	3173
Size:	26.7 KB
ID:	1107260   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2012-06-05-02-42-53.jpg
Views:	2212
Size:	24.9 KB
ID:	1107261   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2012-06-05-02-43-03.jpg
Views:	1898
Size:	25.4 KB
ID:	1107262   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2012-06-05-02-43-19.jpg
Views:	1626
Size:	28.0 KB
ID:	1107263  
Attached Files
File Type: apk LatinImeGoogle.apk - [Click for QR Code] (3.67 MB, 7588 views)
File Type: apk LatinImeDictionaryPack.apk - [Click for QR Code] (66.5 KB, 3932 views)
File Type: zip libjni_latinime.zip - [Click for QR Code] (15.8 KB, 2000 views)
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to witiko92 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift witiko92 Ad-Free

19th June 2012, 11:30 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Thumbs up
Thanks! Was looking everywhere for this. I didn't like the ones in playstore. One of them is actually really good, but doesn't have my other language (Arabic).

Stock ICS keyboard is my favorite keyboard on all smartphones. Switched from GNexus to SGS3 and was very disappointed by all keyboards I tried, until now that is.

Lots lots of thanks!
20th June 2012, 12:27 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Nice! I hope this is better than the one I already bought, it was only $1 so its alright. We'll see. Thank you
20th June 2012, 08:02 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 3,794

More
Only ICS ?
21st June 2012, 03:34 AM |#5  
OP Junior Member
Flag Velešín

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RohinZaraki

Only ICS ?

Yes, I'm afraid. There are various ports for Gingerbread on Google Play, though.
22nd June 2012, 07:02 PM |#6  
Flag Fort Recovery
Thanks Meter: 2,133

More
tried to install on htc evo 4g running cm9 but when i go to messaging app and click on the symbol at bottom to type new message it says Unfortunately, Android Keyboard has stopped! What do i need to do or is this not compatible with the the og evo on cm9? Thanks
23rd June 2012, 02:26 AM |#7  
Chicago
Thanks Meter: 176

More
Have you guys ever tried the hackers keyboard? I use Swype, so the ICS keyboard as a daily wouldn't work, but I need something in the terminal. I used to switch to the AOSP keyboard, but when I find this one, I thought it to be more flexible in allowing additional characters, ctrl, alt, etc.

Just curious on what you thought...

I am not sure if I got it in the market, but I think so.

Sent from my HTC One-S (rooted), stock ROM
24th June 2012, 12:09 AM |#8  
OP Junior Member
Flag Velešín

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ianmb

tried to install on htc evo 4g running cm9 but when i go to messaging app and click on the symbol at bottom to type new message it says Unfortunately, Android Keyboard has stopped! What do i need to do or is this not compatible with the the og evo on cm9? Thanks

It's a hit-or-miss, really. I extracted the needed lib, but as for the other dependencies - I'm not that much of a dev to find out.
24th June 2012, 06:05 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 308

More
You have the Samsung keyboard files?

Sent from my aokp_tenderloin using Tapatalk 2
27th June 2012, 03:07 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 67

More
Thanks the keyboard work here really good (ICS ST15i)

Just curious: what have in this libjni_latinime.so? All android, I guess, already have this, and I keep my stock, just want to know if this is a kind of library with a lot of supported languages, better than I or we have already...
1st July 2012, 11:07 PM |#11  
Flag West Coast
Thanks Meter: 20

More
I cannot thank you enough for this!! The stock ICS keyboard is great and Motorola saw fit to replace it with their "large key" version of it on the recent Droid RAZR ICS update.

Would be great if this could be made into a non system APK so it could be installed as a regular app without root.

But thank you again!

---------- Post added at 03:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:05 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by witiko92

Having salvaged the apk files from the Galaxy Nexus ROM and the necessary lib from the apks themselves, I thought I'd share this find of mine.

By the way -- for anyone interested, on the Droid RAZR ICS (Release ROM) -- you don't need to replace the stock or push this "LatinImeDictionaryPack.apk" as it is already included. Seems the stock Motorola keyboard uses this APK.

Also, the library file is not on the phone so you don't have to worry about renaming the old one either.

Basically just put "LatinImeGoogle.apk" into /system/app and "libjni_latinime.so" into /system/lib and you are set.

Don't even need a reboot!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)