Remove All Ads from XDA
H10 GPU

Play Store - Error Code 942

874 posts
Thanks Meter: 267

By chc31, Senior Member on 5th June 2012, 02:10 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hey all!

So I have a Sensation 4G, and before i was rooted, i had an app called Cell Biology Study Guide (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...lbiology&hl=en)

I'm taking biology in University and this app was a life saver. When i got rooted, this app was incompatible with my phone... So later on, today, i downloaded LCD Density Modder Pro, which had a new market apk and whatnot.

I was able to go to the link of the app and click download, but it would give me the error code instead.

Any fix? Is there an alternate way to get the app? I would REALLY appreciate it. This app is a simplified, detailed textbook on your phone, i could really use it

Using Ordroid

Thanks!

5th June 2012, 04:27 AM |#2  
Flag Denver
Thanks Meter: 104

Donate to Me
More
Try clearing data from download manager (settings-apps-all) and play store, then remove your google account, then go to play store and it will ask you to link your account after that try downloading the app. (That worked for me).

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using Tapatalk 2
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to aryehzev For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift aryehzev Ad-Free
5th June 2012, 10:01 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aryehzev

Try clearing data from download manager (settings-apps-all) and play store, then remove your google account, then go to play store and it will ask you to link your account after that try downloading the app. (That worked for me).

Well it did give me access to some other apps i could not see before haha, but not the one i specifically wanted. Thanks for your help, however!
5th June 2012, 10:26 PM |#4  
Flag california
Thanks Meter: 594

More
Hi I'm using Ordroid 8.6.5, just download a couple days ago. Well I noticed what happened at the playstore was for some reason it ERASED my google wallet! This giving me the error when purchasing applications! So it was a easy fix. I went to google wallet you can access your wallet in a drop down menu at check out, and I Re entered my card information. This did the trick, no more error during download! Not sure if it's your error also but I did some searching and I think the code does have something to do with billing. I can't figure out why my information was ERASED but I only know it WAS! Maybe this will help you too ? Check you're google wallet and see if your info is still available. This could be what's happening to you also. Is worth a try . Good luck!

Sent from my Sensation 4G using xda premium
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to realsis For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift realsis Ad-Free
10th June 2012, 07:54 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by realsis

Hi I'm using Ordroid 8.6.5, just download a couple days ago. Well I noticed what happened at the playstore was for some reason it ERASED my google wallet! This giving me the error when purchasing applications! So it was a easy fix. I went to google wallet you can access your wallet in a drop down menu at check out, and I Re entered my card information. This did the trick, no more error during download! Not sure if it's your error also but I did some searching and I think the code does have something to do with billing. I can't figure out why my information was ERASED but I only know it WAS! Maybe this will help you too ? Check you're google wallet and see if your info is still available. This could be what's happening to you also. Is worth a try . Good luck!

Sent from my Sensation 4G using xda premium

Well i hoped that would be the problem... but the wallet was still there haha. But i appreciate your help
27th July 2012, 04:18 PM |#6  
Flag SALT LAKE CITY
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Info 2 GAPPS Version
According to this post http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1750759 you may be using an incorrect version of GAPPS.

The aforementioned post links to GAPPS downloads but also check your ROM's thread and it may have a custom modified version as well.

I was plagued with 942's and inability to install APKs [that worked before] until I finally found that post.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to magecca For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift magecca Ad-Free
6th October 2012, 02:28 AM |#7  
Flag Hypoluxo, FL
Thanks Meter: 1

More
worked for me too thanks.
Quote:

working great after following your instructions. thanks
4th November 2012, 07:06 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
had a huge battery drain on 2.7... now flashed 2.9 ... bootloop. had to do fullwipe.
play store not working (error 942).
is this normal?
30th April 2013, 07:15 PM |#9  
Flag Abu Dhabi
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Quote:

This solution didn't work for me. Error 942 still remains in my Google Play Store.. :/
30th April 2013, 07:58 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 109

More
This is an old post...
What's your ROM?? Using sense or not using???
13th November 2013, 06:52 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
My situation may be a little bit diff cause I was spoofing the market to download a certain app... first I tried the instructions above with no luck. Finally, what I did was cleared Play Store data one more time and uninstalled updates to go back to an older version of Play. Worked like a charm. Then just go back and update your Play.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)