FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Hack][Root] SIM Unlock for FREE Desire S

512 posts
Thanks Meter: 506

By htc-phones, Account currently disabled on 6th June 2012, 01:50 PM
Thread Closed Email Thread
Right i been searching around trying to unlock my friends Desire S this method Worked perfectly.

1) You need root
2) You need Terminal Emulator (free from the market)

Open the Terminal Emulator app and type:

su [enter]
strings -n 8 /dev/block/mmcblk0p7 [enter]

you will then get loads of codes and other stuff.

Look for your IMEI number and the unlock code will be above. If u get just a date then sorry you cant get the unlock code Write the unlock code down and put a sim that normally wouldnt work into your phone and power it on. then enter your unlock code u just wrote down

look at the piccy below the unlock code is marked with the arrow.

This will only work with Sim LOCKED devices. as mine is already sim unlocked by htc i cant unlock mine and i get a weird code. but my friends unlocked fine with his code I take NO responsibility if u break or damage your device. this is for educational purpose only

the code may not exist in a factory-unlocked phone (only a carrier-locked one).
The Following User Says Thank You to htc-phones For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift htc-phones Ad-Free

6th June 2012, 01:51 PM |#2  
OP Account currently disabled

Donate to Me
More
i need people to confirm this working for them
7th June 2012, 02:46 PM |#3  
Flag Kathmandu
Thanks Meter: 14

More
I also got the same key. 00000108 as in your screenshot. I've not tried yet. As I'm in the office and I don't have any other sim card with me now.

Is there a way , a shortcut key or somewhere in settings where I can put the key. ?
The Following User Says Thank You to uktel3315 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift uktel3315 Ad-Free
7th June 2012, 02:49 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by uktel3315

Is there a way , a shortcut key or somewhere in settings where I can put the key. ?

Borrow someone else's SIM card?
The Following User Says Thank You to anchemis For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift anchemis Ad-Free
7th June 2012, 02:56 PM |#5  
Flag Kathmandu

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by anchemis

Borrow someone else's SIM card?

colleagues whom I can ask for their sim have iphone, and their sim doesn't fit in desire s.

there should be a secret code to enter the key.
7th June 2012, 03:04 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I've just tried it, but after entering the strings command the reply is "strings not found" are you sure that the command is written correct (with all the spaces correct). Or maybe I am doing something else wrong? I have root and s-off...
7th June 2012, 03:08 PM |#7  
Flag Kathmandu

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConstantinVVV

I've just tried it, but after entering the strings command the reply is "strings not found" are you sure that the command is written correct (with all the spaces correct). Or maybe I am doing something else wrong? I have root and s-off...

I've just tried it and the command works fine for me. i got the similar result as shown in the screenshot. Hope this helps.
This is what I entered in the console.
su [enter]
strings -n 8 /dev/block/mmcblk0p7 [enter]
7th June 2012, 03:11 PM |#8  
Bucuresti
Thanks Meter: 35

More
I get the same code.... 00000108 and i don't think all sim locked Desire s have the same code.
7th June 2012, 08:26 PM |#9  
Flag Kathmandu

More
I tried according to the instruction and It didn't worked.
The Following User Says Thank You to uktel3315 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift uktel3315 Ad-Free
7th June 2012, 11:57 PM |#10  
Recognized Contributor
Flag London, Colchester, Wivenhoe
Thanks Meter: 2,383

More
Has this worked for anyone? Did this ever work for anyone from the HTC v forum where it originally came?

Swyped from my DesireS
8th June 2012, 12:26 AM |#11  
OP Account currently disabled

Donate to Me
More
I'll take another look I know that the only code I used to unlock a phone so I know thas the command but I think I might have done the wrong block location. I'll update it 2morrow guys been really really busy
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to htc-phones For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift htc-phones Ad-Free
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread