Intrusive ads? Post here!

Search This thread

Bejda

Feb 12, 2011
Lovoo ad has been blocked, which was causing a majority of the problems
Hello, sorry to poke you but nothing changed.
Sorry for my harsh words , they're of course not directed to you personally :eek: but will this ****ty situation stays forever then?
Xda simply became the most ads hijacked site i ever browsed in the whole World Wide Web with an android device.
Lovoo brings you to his PlayStore page without warning,mobogenie.apk download pop-up still occurs here and there (sometimes on dev-host also),and worst of them all that lovelink.us page (that also leads you to a mobogenie.apk download pop-up) that forces you to press your back button (no way to skip it, it doesn't mind if we tick "no" of course lol) many times successively (sometimes have to go back up to 5 pages from the one you was trying to access for it stops,and you have good chances the loop will start again soon after).
I just don't understand..nobody in the forum staff could confirm this? Get the annoyance it was?
Again, this situation is ridiculous.
Thank you :)

Last edited:
Reactions: agentfazexx

jumoog

Jul 11, 2013
Munich
www.probam.net
Noob user think its a virus or something

iswKLFP.png

gottech

Sep 12, 2013
I got those when tried to root my phone. Can't remember which one though. It was a computer root method though. Deleted it when I saw that it was the one that passed this to my phone. you have to uninstall these from your phone. I will try to recreate this and tell you which root method it was.

---------- Post added at 12:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 AM ----------

It was one click root

lbt

Jan 20, 2009
Xiaomi Redmi 4X
Noob user think its a virus or something

iswKLFP.png

I got this exact same thing as well yesterday. This was the first time I saw it ever on any website, and it only happened when I surfed xda on mobile. I'm not running any sketchy programs on my phone and my ROM came pre-rooted, and there are no issues regarding this from other ROM users.

Popup:
The page at 'h**p://nym1.ib.adnxs.com' says:
Clean your Android for FREE now with Clean Master!

Attachments

• screenshot.jpg
    screenshot.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:

gottech

Sep 12, 2013
If it was the xda site I would be able to replicate results. I cannot. I have been all over the site trying to to replicate so I can help. Must be just your phone. I would suggest looking at what you have one your device and deleting one by one to see if it stops. When it does you have found the culprit. I never said you run questionable programs but sometimes they get installed while you are installing something you want. It is called adware, or malware and I have started seei ng this a little more on android. You could send me a linl to the page that you get this on so that I may replicate your results

I337 stock, unlocked, rooted

noodles2k

Aug 8, 2011
Scareware Ads?

Anyone else getting these? They shouldn't be allowed.

Screenshot_2014_03_08_01_44_35.png

Screenshot_2014_03_08_01_52_18.png

Screenshot_2014_03_08_01_52_26.png

Last edited:

noodles2k

Aug 8, 2011
If it was the xda site I would be able to replicate results. I cannot. I have been all over the site trying to to replicate so I can help. Must be just your phone. I would suggest looking at what you have one your device and deleting one by one to see if it stops. When it does you have found the culprit. I never said you run questionable programs but sometimes they get installed while you are installing something you want. It is called adware, or malware and I have started seei ng this a little more on android. You could send me a linl to the page that you get this on so that I may replicate your results

Do you have AdAway or similar? As that blocks them. But they're definitely coming from the site.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-03-08-01-44-35.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-03-08-01-44-35.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 77
  • Screenshot_2014-03-08-02-11-20.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-03-08-02-11-20.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 71
  • Screenshot_2014-03-08-02-11-44.png
    Screenshot_2014-03-08-02-11-44.png
    224.7 KB · Views: 70

gottech

Sep 12, 2013
No, nothing. I was wrong however mobogenie comes from vroot's new version. I believe something was installed without your knowledge in addition to something you wanted in the same fassion that adobe flash installs McAfee scanner on your computer is there one page that ways brings up this problem?

Androidmarketuser

Oct 21, 2010
Really annoying, I hate browsing xda on Android devices and I'm too lazy to install AdAway.
Some time ago when I browsed on the page it Chrome downloaded MoboGenie automatically, at the end I had 10 mobogenie apks in my download folder. Now I'm "glad" that it is only scareware which can be tapped away -.-

gottech

Sep 12, 2013
I seriously cannot repeat your results with anything as bad as your reporting.

Last edited:

atnpwner

Mar 10, 2014
I installed adblock to my android.

Sent from my Pantech Breakout using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

PoP*92

Mar 3, 2014
hello

hello to all....
first of all i want to tnx all of u devolpers for greath custom roms and better performanced phones on them.....
now i want to said to u that is stupid this with limit that i cant post on devolper part of forums..
i want to said that man who make KitKat 4.4.2 rom for lg p500 optimus one, that version9 is full of glitches and crashes and it work on my phone for like 10 min and crash whole system... and when it is working with AD2SDX script it is good but too slow, and yes i have class 10 sdcard.....

someone who have premishion to post in his theme please let him know to fix that... :(

here is a link:
Code:
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=50929052&postcount=1000

tnx forwoard.....

Ps: if i am on wrong forum please send this mesage to right place....

Last edited:

jj14

Mar 5, 2008
Lately, I get a Nexus 7 tablet - haven't rooted it yet, and haven't installed ad-blocker.
Browsing xda forums - when I access the site the first time, I get the popup (see attached) - doesn't show up after that.

Unlike the other ones that I saw in this thread, this actually states "the page at forums.xda-developers.com says:" (instead of <ad-site> says)
I hit the back navigation button - but I wonder how many newbies (to android, and to xda) will assume that xda has some fancy virus scanner that detected a virus?

Edit: just noticed - @noodles2k indicated the same issue too

Last edited:
Reactions: demlasjr

demlasjr

Jul 23, 2012
It started few weeks ago. Sometimes I'm searching in Chrome or Samsung browser something and I'm getting as results links from here. While ago, Chrome asked me if I want to open the link into Tapatalk. Now it doesn't (it's not set to open links into chrome as default instead Tapatalk, I guess the issue is with chrome). The only browser still asking to open the link into Tapatalk is the Samsung browser.
However, if I'm opening the link into the browser I have 2 issues:

1) very intrusive ads and also unprofessional for such forum

Example:
uploadfromtaptalk1394750960139.jpg

2) compressed text uploadfromtaptalk1394751120449.jpg

Sent from my unlocked GT-I9505 32GB black using Tapatalk HD

demlasjr

Jul 23, 2012
I noticed this too! UGH! Switching to landscape mode fixes this, but dang - didn't expect these issues on xda.

Sorry for the late answer. Yeah, most of time works in landscape (had one time it didn't). But is pretty annoying to read a forum in landscape because of the reduced reading zone.

Sent from my unlocked GT-I9505 32GB black using Tapatalk HD

tstivers1990

Jan 20, 2009
Just had an ad on xda stating my android is infected with a virus. Popped a message box up and everything. Please don't allow this rubbish to continue.

Reactions: jtanhw

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The internet is full of advertisments and let's face it, almost every site that has an ounce of traffic uses ad revenue. The intention of xda is not to burden its members with ads that distract from the user experience. With that being said, if you have a problematic ad, please take a screenshot of the ad and post here so admin can take care of it. right now, that is the solution in place.

Thanks for your help in keeping XDA "intrusive ad free".

XDA:DevDB Information
    Intrusive ads? Post here!, ROM for the General Discussion

Contributors
    TheRomMistress
    ROM OS Version: 2.3.x Gingerbread

Version Information

Created 2016-03-03
    Last Updated 2016-03-03
    +1 Im annoyed with these redirected fake sites and sites that auto start downloading mobogenie apk

Its Going To Be LEGEND--Wait For it--DARY!-Barney Stinson(How I Met Your Mother)

+2 Avast is now blocking the entire xda site whenever these adds pop up.

Is this forum a ship with no captain, this has been going on for nearly a week, do the owners not care at all?
    time to do something

So tonight I drop by and am confronted with an ad that obscures a large portion of the bottom screen. It is inescapable and makes the site unreadable so I click it in the hope that it goes away after the obligatory popup... no such luck. It remains on the page. I go to scroll the page and trigger another ad on the right hand side. Christ almighty, can xda please accept some responsibility for the general usability of the site? Right now it's not happening and the site is borderline stupid to use. Ive been around a long time here and have heard every argument about ads and their role in modern development... I get it, I support it and want every dev to wildly succeed. This isn't about that. This is about xda making a decision to commit to usability and striking a better balance between content and advertising than what we have today because its not working as it stands. Thanks for the rant
    Just want you guys to know we're monitoring this thread.

We want you to have a good browsing experience. Thanks for the heads up and keep it coming.
    For last couple of weeks, I've been experiencing an EXTREMELY ANNOYING pop-up ads problem on XDA Forums. It's so frustrating I cannot browse this forum from my phone anymore. And it's definately not about my device/software. I tried every possible software solution but still no luck and I have this problem on more than one device. All these spam/ads are coming from the same website: itt-edu.us and they these ads claim that I have virus on my device, my device is slow or outdated etc and they redirect me to some software called 360 Security on Play Store. These ads keeps poping up unless I close the tab in browser. Here are some screenshots from these ads I've been talking about, they are all in Turkish(my native language): http://imgur.com/a/Yam1D
    Here is a thread about the issue from another user: http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s6/help/question-spam-t3278835
    And here is a thread from a local forum, these people also claim that issue is about XDA itself not our devices: http://forum.donanimhaber.com/m_112937991/tm.htm