FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor View 10

[ROM][GB 2.3.7][v21y] Miui.us 01-23-13

105 posts
Thanks Meter: 29

By lanlee212, Senior Member on 7th June 2012, 08:36 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
This is a port of the miui.us 2.4.13 rom to work with the new baseband v21y.
This is a GB 2.3.7 rom based on CM7. I have left it as stock as possible. Just add some CM7.2 RC3 updates and make it work on v21y March 2012 BB.

Code:
Changelog
06-07-12
*added cm7 rc3 updates
*removed Miui.us apps
*removed gapps
*added wifi calling
*added v21y support
01-23-13
* fix SD card issue.
Code:
To Do List
*Change "G" to "4G"
*Fix Wifi Calling
*Add Scrollable Wigets
*Any suggestion?""
* Mount Internal Storage on External SD card folder "_InternalSD" thanks to  azyan for letting me know
Use at your own risk. I take no responsibility for what you do to your phone.
If you would like to donate please do so to any or all of the credits i have mention there work made this possible for me to do. Without people like them I would have a broke stock phone.

Miui P999 V21y 06-07-12 - Download

I don't have T-mobile Service anymore but still have the phone. It isn't working right now touchscreen cracked. I can't test the rom.
Miui P999 V21y 01-23-13 - Download Mirror #1 removed Do to issue will fix to day

Google apps are post everywhere just find one for GB and use it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20120607_070535.jpg
Views:	4299
Size:	96.4 KB
ID:	1113617   Click image for larger version

Name:	20120607_070539.jpg
Views:	3813
Size:	81.0 KB
ID:	1113618   Click image for larger version

Name:	20120607_070604.jpg
Views:	4238
Size:	62.0 KB
ID:	1113619   Click image for larger version

Name:	20120607_070613.jpg
Views:	3722
Size:	57.5 KB
ID:	1113620  
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to lanlee212 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lanlee212 Ad-Free

7th June 2012, 08:37 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Houston

Donate to Me
More
just in case I need it
7th June 2012, 01:08 PM |#3  
Flag Virginia Beach, Virginia
Thanks Meter: 27

More
Thanks another Miui rom. I will try this later. :thumbup:

Sent from my LG-P999 using xda premium
7th June 2012, 03:34 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Nice, but may i say that in your future plans it says to change G to 4g? G is actually GPRS, which is a form of data lower than edge(2g). You probably meant to say HSPA+ to 4g, because HSPA+ is T-Mobile's form of "4G"
7th June 2012, 03:57 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Houston

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by daygen4545

Nice, but may i say that in your future plans it says to change G to 4g? G is actually GPRS, which is a form of data lower than edge(2g). You probably meant to say HSPA+ to 4g, because HSPA+ is T-Mobile's form of "4G"

? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GPRS_Core_Network
Thought that was how WCDMA worked. G2x does HSPA not +.

Sent from my LG-P999 using XDA
8th June 2012, 02:27 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanlee212

? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GPRS_Core_Network
Thought that was how WCDMA worked. G2x does HSPA not +.

When you see G on the phone, it is because no 3G, or 2G signal is available, and the only signal available is GPRS, which has a data transfer rate of 56-114 kbps, which is definitely not 4G. T-Mobile's version of 4G, Which is HSPA+, on the G2x has a theoretical transfer rate of 21 mbps. I have never even seen the HSPA+ logo on any other ROM than complete stock, even though people are saying that CyanogenMod made a change to differentiate HSPA and HSPA+. What would be helpful to some people though, would be if you changed E to 2G, and H to 3G, Because more people are probably used to that, and personally i like that naming scheme better, it's less confusing.
(If you want to check out my source, I think your article was a general GPRS for all GSM communications, Here's what i used:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General..._Radio_Service
8th June 2012, 02:30 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 31

More
Quote:

When you see G on the phone, it is because no 3G, or 2G signal is available, because GPRS, has a data transfer rate of 56-114 kbps. T-Mobile's version of 4G, Which is HSPA+, on the G2x has a theoretical transfer rate of 21 mbps. I have never even seen the HSPA+ logo on any other ROM than complete stock, even though people are saying that CyanogenMod made a change to differentiate HSPA and HSPA+. What would be helpful to some people though, would be if you changed E to 2G, and H to 3G, Because more people are probably used to that, and personally i like that naming scheme better, it's less confusing.

14.4 not 21

Also, why does every MIUI rom remove gapps? Are gapps causing problems with MIUI? I'm new to MIUI so pardon my noob question.
8th June 2012, 04:35 PM |#8  
Flag Long Island, NY
Thanks Meter: 399

Donate to Me
More
Gapps not supppose to be in any rom, not even in cm7 due to copyright issue and some other issue i forgot.

Sent via G2X-SINGH-UI
8th June 2012, 05:32 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Houston

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycelitemaster

Gapps not supppose to be in any rom, not even in cm7 due to copyright issue and some other issue i forgot.

Sent via G2X-SINGH-UI

Google only want the apps on released device they approved. Since cm7 or miui isn't approved for our phone we can't include them. On stock roms its OK since Google approved the use on Google apps on them.

8th June 2012, 05:42 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Houston

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

When you see G on the phone, it is because no 3G, or 2G signal is available, and the only signal available is GPRS, which has a data transfer rate of 56-114 kbps, which is definitely not 4G. T-Mobile's version of 4G, Which is HSPA+, on the G2x has a theoretical transfer rate of 21 mbps. I have never even seen the HSPA+ logo on any other ROM than complete stock, even though people are saying that CyanogenMod made a change to differentiate HSPA and HSPA+. What would be helpful to some people though, would be if you changed E to 2G, and H to 3G, Because more people are probably used to that, and personally i like that naming scheme better, it's less confusing.
(If you want to check out my source, I think your article was a general GPRS for all GSM communications, Here's what i used:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General..._Radio_Service

The odd part miui shows hspa connects as "G" along with UMTS connection. So it just a miui labeling issue

9th June 2012, 05:06 PM |#11  
Flag Cranston, RI
Thanks Meter: 648

Donate to Me
More
I flashed the cm LG camera mod and it works flawlessly on this rom.

You just have to wait a bit for "media scanner " to finish its thing.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)