FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][4.0+] Logo Me

715 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,726

By Ezekeel, Retired Recognized Developer on 8th June 2012, 01:21 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
APERTURE LABORATORIES proudly presents Logo Me.

With the Logo Me application you can conveniently change your device's bootlogo (not bootanimation) to a custom image with just a few simple clicks.

You can secure your custom logo with a numeric lock code (up to 9 digits). Changing or restoring the logo will only be possible after the lock code has been entered. This will allow you to tag your device by including your name and contact info on your custom bootlogo. In case your device gets stolen the thief will be having a hard time selling it. Also if you lose your device the finder will know how to contact you.

This application will only work for the Galaxy Nexus GSM (maguro) and Verizon (toro) hardware models with the PRIMEKJ10, PRIMEKK14, PRIMEKK15, PRIMEKL01 or PRIMELA03 bootloaders (open terminal or adb shell and type 'getprop ro.bootloader') and Sprint (toroplus) model with PRIMELC02 bootloader.

If you run a bootloader which is not on the list above simply write me an email noting your hardware model and bootloader version and I will add support for it.

If you run into any problems try installing another busybox version.

The app uses the build properties to identify the device. If you mess with the properties the device detection will fail and the app will return the error that your device is not compatible.

The stock ro.product.model for all models of the Galaxy Nexus is 'Galaxy Nexus' (type 'getprop ro.product.model' in terminal or adb shell). If it is different on your ROM it was changed. Ask you ROM dev to fix it.

Use this application at your own risk. The author is not responsible for any damage resulting from the use of this app.

Market: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ezekeel.logome
Android Pit (accepts Paypal and other payment options): http://www.google.com/url?q=http://w...625cjro12iMKgg
The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to Ezekeel For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ezekeel Ad-Free

8th June 2012, 02:20 AM |#2  
Flag Tasmania
Thanks Meter: 94

More
New app you say?
I have a feeling that I should get my card hooked back up to my phone lol
8th June 2012, 02:23 AM |#3  
Flag Orlando, FLA.
Thanks Meter: 76

Donate to Me
More
Sure would be great to know about the app. You know a tickler

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium
8th June 2012, 07:03 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 683

More

Cool! Thanks for this app
8th June 2012, 07:32 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 1,091

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezekeel

APERTURE LABORATORIES proudly presents Logo Me.

With the Logo Me application you can conveniently change your device's bootlogo (not bootanimation) to a custom image with just a few simple clicks.

You can secure your custom logo with a numeric lock code (up to 9 digits). Changing or restoring the logo will only be possible after the lock code has been entered. This will allow you to tag your device by including your name and contact info on your custom bootlogo. In case your device gets stolen the thief will be having a hard time selling it. Also if you lose your device the finder will know how to contact you.

So far the following devices are supported:
* Galaxy Nexus
* Galaxy-SII
* Galaxy-SIII
* Galaxy Note

Note that not all hardware variants of these devices are supported yet, since I have not yet been able to obtain the necessary data for all models. If your device is on this list, but the app tells you that your model is not supported and you know how to handle terminal or adb shell and are willing to collect the necessary data, contact the author. The same holds for a yet unsupported bootloader.

If you own a recent (released after the Galaxy-SII) Samsung device running ICS which is not on the list, there is a good chance that I also can extend the support to this device - even tablets should work. Simply contact the author.

Use this application at your own risk. The author is not responsible for any damage resulting from the use of this app.

Market:
Android Pit:

Release will be tomorrow!

They already have an app like this called boot flasher pro

Sent from my ADR6400L using xda premium
8th June 2012, 07:42 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 129

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonah1234

They already have an app like this called boot flasher pro

Sent from my ADR6400L using xda premium

That mainly for hTC

This app for Samsung devices

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
8th June 2012, 07:50 PM |#7  
Recognized Contributor - R.I.P
BROOKLYN!
Thanks Meter: 26,395

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nexus.prime

That mainly for hTC

This app for Samsung devices

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

and ICS
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to simms22 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift simms22 Ad-Free
8th June 2012, 08:01 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 683

More

GLaDOS Logo for "Logo Me" app

Download
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to phone_user For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift phone_user Ad-Free
8th June 2012, 08:22 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 75

More
I'm getting a device incompatible on my galaxy nexus with aokp 38.1 and glados kernel

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus CDMA
8th June 2012, 08:31 PM |#10  
Recognized Contributor - R.I.P
BROOKLYN!
Thanks Meter: 26,395

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swede2008

I'm getting a device incompatible on my galaxy nexus with aokp 38.1 and glados kernel

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus CDMA

try closing the app, then reopening it. it should work after. a few of us got that error, but after opening the app a second time, it worked.
8th June 2012, 08:36 PM |#11  
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 284

More
is it like the EOS Xoom Boot Splash app but for samsung devices?
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...bootlogo&hl=en
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)