I am back? Anyone miss me? Sorry I've been away, my grandmother passed, and I've been attending to that sad business.. So I do need to catch up, however I have some news, I've managed to get a src build AOSP JB to boot on the our beloved device, no radio or sound, but the rest of the important stuff seems to work!
Until then enjoy build 9 of ICS AOKP for the onex, now with faux123's kernel, make sure you flash the included boot.img!
Based on Milestone 6 for AOKP
Tips to improve your battery life
- Use a underclockable kernel (or the included one from Franco), and Underclock the proc. Thats right, its a 4 core cpu, its still very fast! I have mine set to 1100mhz max, and I can really tell the difference.
- Enable RomControl's powersaver, but only for wifi, it helps too.
- Turn off NFC
- Turn off BT when not needed
- Run a program like cpuspy and check what apps are running, you may have a battery eater that is delaying deep sleep.
What doesn't work:
- CRT Off animation (working with Roman directly on this)
- Wifi Direct
Change Log 7/13/2012
- See Post 2
- ICEDCold AOKP MS6 for HTC One X - Build 9
- gapps with gmail, google music, maps
- Want your Beats? Flash this, total credit to its creator, works fine with rom!
- Power-user Apps, data/apps that were previously included, see
- See Post 3
[COLOR="Magenta"]Install in brief[/COLOR]
- Coming from stock or another sense rom? Factory Reset, Flash rom. Flash Gapps, Flash boot.img (using fastboot), done!
- Coming from CM9 or other asop rom? You might be able to flash over, but a Factory Reset is highly recommended. Same procedure as above.
DO A NANDROID BACKUP - I take no responsibility for harming your toy!
- Download the rom zip, extract the contents so you can flash the boot.img later
- Boot into recovery
- Wipe data/factory reset
- Install rom
- Install Gapps
- Reboot into bootloader and flash the kernel "fastboot flash boot boot.img"
**This includes Franco's new kernel its recommended to flash the boot.
New to this rom it is mandatory you flash the included boot.img for this release.
Optional Poweruser apps
**Apps I use allot, may save some time, all installed to /data/app for easy removal.
- Ti Backup
- jackpal terminal client
- GPS Status
- Android Assistant
**New source going forward