1. In Titanium Backup, select Maps and make a backup.
2. Select Maps and wipe data, then uninstall.
3. Select Street View and wipe data, then uninstall.
4. Make a reboot (recommended).
5. Rename the file u downloaded to Maps.apk
6. Copy Maps.apk to system/app and fix permissions rw-r--r--
7. Reboot & Enjoy =D
Signed version can be installed like a normal app, unsigned can't. It'll give an installation error. Unsigned version has to be moved to /system/app via adb or Root Explorer and set permissions to rw-r-r. That's the only difference , THANKS TO sashank
it works fine with me on cm music edition v4 no force closes !
screenshots from my fit
'this one is signed'
and this one is unsigned (i'm using it )
Dropbox links =D
CWM zip file for easy installation of modded Google Maps packaged by me KRZ-2pa !
Anyone wants Maps 6.11.1 Ownhere version running perfect on gingerbread, ICS and JB roms (not sure about donut )
Well, here you go, signed and unsigned versions. Signed can be installed on almost any rom, unsinged has to be used on Samsung roms and maybe others. I don't have the instructions for it but following first post instructions should do the work
PS: By the way, I've already tested them and they are working really good
PS2: I've tried to attach the apps, but couldn't do it due to the size but don't worry, use my links instead
Not signed version: