1) This is probably the last and final version of StockLite. I got a Note II few weeks back and therefore I will develop for Note II in the coming future. Although I'll fix the bugs, there wont be any v9. Dont expect a new version and dont ask for it either.
2) No need to flash stock ROM via ODIN to flash this ROM. You can flash this ROM directly. You wont face any problems even if you flash this on a custom ROM.
3) ETA? No ban on ETA now. Ask for ETA. You'll surely get flamed by Galaxy Ace's Offtopic mafia i.e. Elite Trolls Alliance (ETA)
4) If you find any bugs in statusbar or lockscreen, report them here - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1845603 (They are a part of Parasmi's mod)
5) If you want to boost your 3G speed, try this tweak - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1827675
Disclaimer: I am in no way responsible for the well being of your cool gadget. By using any piece of software provided here, you are agreeing that all risks fall on you and you alone. If you do not agree to this, then exercise your God-given right to not flash this. Please press CTRL+F4 or the back button to leave this thread. Also, if you ask a stupid question, or one which has already been answered, you are also held responsible for the verbal fodder you post. You will be mocked severely. I, nor anyone else posting in this thread, is to be held accountable for your actions, wording, or ensuing butthurt. Please exercise caution before posting. Read until your eyes hurt, then search until your fingernails fall off. If your question has not been previously addressed, it will be handled as quickly as possible.
Here's a Stock light-weight ROM targeted at those users who love speed and stablity.
Download v8 - http://www.mediafire.com/?b8abzidyajb1d7r
No mirrors allowed without my permission. If you need a mirror, PM me or post on the thread.
1) Download this file and place it in your sd card.
2) Make sure you have ClockWorkMod recovery 5 (or any other recovery based on CWM5 such as PX Recovery) installed and
your device is rooted. Download CWM 5 from here - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=18167974
3) Switch off your phone.
4) Boot into recovery mode by pressing home+power button simultaneously.
5) Wipe Data, Wipe Cache
6) Select 'install zip from sd card' and then select 'choose zip from sd card'
7) Navigate to the downloaded file and select it
10) First boot will take a lot of time, around 5-7 mins or maybe more. Please
be patient and do not think that your ace is bricked.
1) Based on latest stock XWKTM 2.3.6
2) Very fast and ultra-stable
3) Awesome battery life
5) Battery Extender v1.2 kernel by LibiSC
6) Screenshot functionality- take screenshots by pressing Home+Power
8) BLN support
9) 70 MB free in system/app. That technically gives you more internal
10) ROM's download size is just 90MB (approx.)
11) Hacked 'hosts' file to disable ads
12) Galaxy Note style lockscreen
13) Very fast boot-time (25-30 secs)
14) Extended Power Menu
15) NotificationBar Toggles mod
16) Multiple lockscreen mod
17) Latest version of Google Play (3.10.9)
18) 'FullScreenPhoto when calling' mod
19) ICS style call screen
20) Battery tweaks
21) Wi-Fi tweaks
22) Speed and performance tweaks
23) Swipe to clear notifications mod added
24) Modded Stock sms app (mms.apk) with no mms auto-convert, unlimited recipients support, skins support.
25) SGSII Camera app and Calculator
26) Barebones - It has always been :P
This ROM is meant for performance and speed. Its just stock ROM with no theming, I've removed useless apps to make the ROM faster. This ROM has got an extra adrenaline shot
Following apps have been removed to provide more internal space or increase ROM's speed -
1) Some useless widgets
2) Live wallpapers
3) Memo (you can install other better memo apps from market if you want)
4) Thinkfree Office
5) Swype (new and better versions available at beta.swype.com)
6) Samsung apps
7) Email app
9) Unified inbox aka social hub
Gmail, Google Maps, Google search , Voice Search and Youtube app have been removed to decrease ROM size. These apps can downloaded manually from market if needed.
1) No bootanimation. I know how to fix the bug but I dont have time to fix it. Just flash any other kernel and bootanimation will re-appear.
2) ROM doesn't boot after installing adrenaline engine. Reason - unknown.
3) Statusbar clock is invisible. ( It's a known bug and is noted by the mods maker in his thread.)
Fix - Go to settings,statusbar tweaks, clock color and just set it to whatever you want. It will appear.
Some reviews by users -
Stocklite V8 is blazing fast and really smooth. Now with more customization than ever, this stock beast makes an awesome come back. Highly and completely recommend this rom to anyone.
Stocklite can compete with any "lag-free super optimized" rom out there and it'll win hands down.
Amazing ROM, incredible fast and stable. No problems AT ALL. It fills the hole of lack of customization between stock ROMs and CyanogenMod, with the advantage of being a stock-based, so everything works. Worth every second of wait.
Thanks for your work. I totally recommend this to everyone that are reading.
Review ? oh well.. ITS A FANTASTIC ROM !
-amazing battery life (thanks to the kernel by LibiSC and bloatware removed by u)
-great speed ( based on latest 2.3.6 )
-good RAM usage (even without any scripts!!)
-total Stock feel
-amazing lockscreen (instant message and missed call notifications!)
-super useful 14 toggles mod!
-cool beats themed music player ( maybe beats audio libs in future ? )
-lots of free space (in /system as well as normal internal memory)
-2G data works decently (speed tweaks in the future maybe ? )
-sensors work well (proximity and rotation)
-GPS works great too !
superb work tj_droid.
been using StockLite since long time
Awesome rom!!! Thx tj.. Finally this is the best rom i've installed.. Even much better than stock itself
Notice to developers - You can use this ROM as a base ROM, but before using please PM me regarding this.
1) LibiSC for Battery Extender kernel
2) dsiXDA for android kitchen
3) CoolCatGetHome for HTC Beats Modded music player, new
camera app and calculator
4) Parasmi for the multiple lockscreen and statusbar mods
5) ETA for NO reason
6) Google for android
7) Samsung for Galaxy Ace
8) ME for this ROM (LOl, JK) :P
Special credits - Check 2nd post.
Thanks? NAHhh.. I dont care about that damn 'Thanks' meter anymore