[07-07] [DEV] [KERNEL] TripNDroid Endeavoru 3.1.10 | Pre-Alpha?

Search This thread

TripNRaVeR

Jun 25, 2010
Maasbracht
Kernel is stable, just need to do some small things.

Note: DO NOT PLUG IN THE USB CABLE AFTER YOU UNPLUGGED IT, IF YOU WANT TO USE USB YOU NEED TO REBOOT WITH CABLE PLUGGED IN....

Really take a note of this or there will happen some bad things. It doesnt harm youre hardware but just setting everything on full power and speed and nothing will work from that point and you will need a reboot to fix it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    semctriplogo.jpg

Well it was a long time, no see..

With that said;

As you may or may not know i'm working on a 3.1.10 kernel for the HTC Endeavoru. At this point most of the work is done but i'm stuck now, so i'm looking for help from some other (kernel) devs.

The issue is that the kernel boots fine but reboots after 2 minutes and a few seconds. Seems there is an issue with the frequenty cant be set correctly.

Working:
    - Mobile network
    - Audio
    - Bluetooth
    - Camera
    - etc.

Wifi will work as soon as the correct drivers are rewriten but seeing it reboots after 2 minutes its kinda useless to do all this work now.

The board files are rewriten for the most part and only some drivers are forward port from 2.6.39 (power, leds, camera) all the other is stock 3.1.10 stuff.

You can find the kernel source here:
    https://github.com/TripNRaVeR/tripndroid-endeavoru-3.0

:)

Edit 21-06-2012:
    The reboot issues are sorted and the kernel is stable, in the meantime more drivers rewriten so only camera is 2.6.39.4 at this point. Alpha will be available tonight as i'm going to do a quick "redo" to get a cleaner source.

It will be a nvidia tegra reference kernel so most likely not working on sense. A Android reference kernel (3.3.0) also from scratch build is also in the makin and will follow up after this.

PRE-TEST STUFF: UPD: 24-06
    This version includes the wifi stuff
    A pre-test version is available here:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?nh0nacpwijuj441

The zipfile contains modules and a zImage because its merely intended for people who know what they are doing.

You need to push the modules to system/lib/modules and then fastboot boot zImage

Test 4: 02-07-2012
    http://www.mediafire.com/?pucj6msblflbj3a

Post youre reports in this topic!

Test 5: near a finish
    http://www.mediafire.com/?v116zr7twaip780

Note: flashing at youre own risk and you know that you are downloading a kernel not based of any htc stuff so i could be missing some important parts/protections (offcourse i tested this release so you're kinda safe)
    A little status update;

Merged the latest exp branch from nVidia
    Clock scaling issues fixed
    Most of the issues sorted out

What needs to be done:
    - Rewrite power suply system
    - Rewrite pinmux (biggest part done)
    - Rewrite power suply Endeavor specific
    - Rewrite regulator system (partly done)
    - nVidia Tegra USB drivers (done)
    - Fixup charging detection system (almost done)
    when using the Tegra usb drivers the phone doesnt reconize the charger cable plugged in altough it does charge only the system doesnt indicate that it gets charged you just notice the battery gets charged this issue prevents the use of the Tegra usb drivers for now
    - New display panel drivers (Tegra)
    note: i'm talking about the panel drivers the kernel uses the latest Tegra 3 graphics drivers
    - New baseband drivers (partly done)
    i have written baseband drivers to use with the Tegra usb drivers tough i'm not sure if they work

There is an issue with usb/baseband/radio/deepsleep somewhere. After a deep sleep when set the screen on or plug in usb cable the device hard reboots and messes up. This issue is completely gone when using the Tegra usb and baseband drivers. But you loose radio in that scenario.

Most likely all issues are sorted out when the Tegra usb drivers are correctly implemented cause i had no strange issues or stuff like that when i use the version with those drivers.

I want to have a Tegra refference kernel so that all future nVidia patches can be applied cleanly also the board specific files. At this point its almost ready to use any future Linux mainline kernel. When the list of things from above are done we just need to copy the board specific files and the camera/mhl drivers to the Linux mainline kernel and we can always use the latest version without the need of HTC kernels anymore.
    The issues are sorted out!

Alpha version will be released tonight, still for testing purposes only tough
    +1 did you bring your rom's with you :cool:

I did... :p
    Currently testing the latest build.

IF this one passes all tests then its completely to my likings. This is the latest base including all latest nVidia changes and improvements. The older base was more or less stable but it lacks all latest additions.

Current test status;
    Test 01: passed
    Test 02: passed
    Test 03: passed
    Test 04: passed
    Test 05: passed
    Test 06: passed
    Test 07: passed
    ----
    Entering critical test stage
    ----
    Test 08: fail
    Test xx:
    Test 15:

When all 15 tests receive the "passed" status the kernel is stable and ready to flash for daily use. An alpha version at least needs the first 10 tests to have the "passed" status.