FORUMS

WhatsApp Sniffer issue

2 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By SotirisA, Junior Member on 11th June 2012, 11:10 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi guys,

I downloaded WhatsApp Sniffer in my HTC Desire, it seems to be working but can't capture any conversation. In short, when I start the app, I can only see the following message:

"There isnn't any conversations yet, wait until one has been captured. Make sure WhatsAppSniffer is listening and if you are on a WPA/WPA2 network, check that the ARP_Spoof is activated."

I've tried the app in both WEP and WPA/WPA2 networks but no luck. My phone is rooted with:
Android version: 2.3.7
Mod Version: CyanogenMod-7-11162011-NIGHTLY-Desire
WhatsApp Messenger: 2.7.8509

Any clues what might be the reason?

Thx,
Sotiris.
The Following User Says Thank You to SotirisA For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SotirisA Ad-Free
11th June 2012, 12:34 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 327

More
I thought Whats App was now fixed so that it did not send plain text.
11th June 2012, 12:54 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Hmm, I am not aware of it. But it makes sense... Thx for your reply.
26th July 2012, 06:35 PM |#4  
Flag Tripoli
Thanks Meter: 158

More
if your network is secured with Wpa or wpa2
the chat will not be captured
to capture chat the network must be protected with wep
or it need to be unsecured
The Following User Says Thank You to vip57 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vip57 Ad-Free
2nd August 2012, 10:42 PM |#5  
Flag Dubai
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Pl provide link to download
20th August 2012, 01:53 AM |#6  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alinawaz

Pl provide link to download

can someone send me (PM me) a working link to whatsapp sniffer, please?!
22nd August 2012, 04:01 PM |#8  

More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by pransh

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B_P...W5GOVZlOTZKYVU - google drive link cause i dont use any other servers

thank you!
7th October 2012, 05:52 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hello all am new @ this site, awesome site... am using whatsapp sniffer or @ least am trying too...
my issue is that @ times it says that ( my devise seem not to be rooted ), I have rooted phone i do have the superuser icon... samsung GS3
and i restart the app, and it runs ok, but it don't capture anything... am i doing something wrong??? i do see that it will not
capture anything in wap or wap2...
any help will be appreciated
16th October 2012, 05:42 AM |#10  
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 7

More
bumping because it seems that this app doesnt work (anymore)
anyone confirming?
11th November 2012, 10:48 AM |#11  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi.

I'm also wondering the same thing. Just went through the fairly painful process of downgrading my HTC Desire Z Gingerbread to Froyo in order to then gain root, specifically so that I could use WhatsAppSniffer.

The app seems to have installed correctly, it's running fine, the other apps like SuperUser and BusyBox have no problems. I've run the sniffer for several hours on my shared WPA network at home, and for a couple of hours on a shared Open network last night with no results. It could very easily be the case that there were no conversations to capture, but the other possibility is that WhatsApp have fixed the vulnerability. I'm going to keep trying for a couple more days, and on one more network connection. Will confirm if whether or not I get anything here.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)