Connectivity demo video [UDPATE: new vid, NOVA 3+PS3 controller+HDTV+"how to" guide]

Search This thread

NZtechfreak

Sep 5, 2008
Connectivity demo video [UDPATE: new vid, NOVA 3+PS3 controller+HDTV+"how to" guide]

Basically rather large medley showing many of the connection options available for the Galaxy S3, make sure to use the nav links in the video description to get around the vid:

Note: Since the video I also got NOVA 3 on my S3 and playing it via MHL on my HDTV with a PS3 controller over bluetooth (every bit as freaking sweet as it sounds). Anyone want a guide?

[UPDATE] Demo and guide for playing NOVA 3 wirelessly via a PS3 controller, much better experience (especially on an HDTV and with a home theatre system connected!). Until you've made videos where you control the game by viewing it through the viewfinder in your camera please refrain from being too critical about how badly I suck :)

Last edited:

funb0b

Feb 5, 2011
Folkestone
Basically rather large medley showing many of the connection options available for the Galaxy S3, make sure to use the nav links in the video description to get around the vid:

Note: Since the video I also got NOVA 3 on my S3 and playing it via MHL on my HDTV with a PS3 controller over bluetooth (every bit as freaking sweet as it sounds). Anyone want a guide?

F#@K YEAH :D

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium

LLStarks

Jun 1, 2012
Will cheaper 3rd party MHL cables be possible?

Last edited:

mertzi

Jul 8, 2011
thank you! now we only need tablet mode. looking forward to your demo of ps3 via bt and mhl

smark72

Apr 2, 2010
Deland, Florida
Do you know if you can use a 2.4ghz wireless air fly mouse/keyboard combo while the phone is hooked up to HDTV through mhl? If so, what would I need besides the mhl adapter? USB hub?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

Michael_P

Jun 3, 2012
Just tried an unpowered 4 port USB hub with a 32gb flash drive connected and the phone crashed and rebooted.

AdzUK

Nov 25, 2011
Manchester
Excellent video mate, is the S3 your main phone these days? I'm sure I remember you doing a similar review on the Galaxy Note, that's what I have although I did get an S3 for the missus and it is tempting, but I'm holding out for the Note 2.

By the way, can you point me in the direction of a relatively cheap bluetooth keyboard and mouse that will work with my Note, but a set that doesn't come with a usb dongle since I want to use the micro usb port on the phone to connect it via MHL to my TV. If that makes sense.

NZtechfreak

Sep 5, 2008
Excellent video mate, is the S3 your main phone these days? I'm sure I remember you doing a similar review on the Galaxy Note, that's what I have although I did get an S3 for the missus and it is tempting, but I'm holding out for the Note 2.

By the way, can you point me in the direction of a relatively cheap bluetooth keyboard and mouse that will work with my Note, but a set that doesn't come with a usb dongle since I want to use the micro usb port on the phone to connect it via MHL to my TV. If that makes sense.

Yep, S3 is my daily (still love my Note though). Will get the Note 2 for sure and totally respect holding out for it.

Understand what you're saying about the keyboard thing and MHL, will take a look and find some suitable ones for you.

OhMarone

Jun 7, 2012
Wow, now that is impressive. I can't believe how much you can do with the S3, simply amazing. The S3 kicks all other "smart" phones back to the dark ages :D . Another vote for a numptys guide please, first time smart/droid phone user here. Or I will be if my phone ever turns up :mad:

nnotis

Jan 24, 2012
Seattle
www.nicknotis.com
Is there anyone out there with a USB DAC who can verify the S3 can actually output digital audio via USB?

This is a long time wish for audiophiles, who will all be getting an S3 if this functionality works.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

[UPDATE] Demo and guide for playing NOVA 3 wirelessly via a PS3 controller, much better experience (especially on an HDTV and with a home theatre system connected!). Until you've made videos where you control the game by viewing it through the viewfinder in your camera please refrain from being too critical about how badly I suck :)

MHL Connector

Hey. I'm the person who was making the fuss about the SGS3 MHL connector before. So, now I've received an explanation from the MHL Consortium so I feel I should return and circulate the update.

I posted it here:
    http://www.galaxymhl.com/

I'm pleased that, in the end, the advantages of the 11-pin MHL port on the SGS3 are significant enough to allay the initial suspicions that this was just about selling more accessories.

On the other hand, wow, was it ever a lot of work to get a clear explanation - would have thought they would have wanted to explain this clearly from the beginning.
    I to would like to see N.O.V.A. 3 and PS3 controller video.
    Very cool stuff. Pretty crazy all the options you have. Curious to see what others will come up with or root and other apps could ad.

Ask and you shall receive:

Did you have to get a whole new micro usb-hdmi for it to work on tv, mine dont work.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium

Yep, it's the one that is specific to the S3 (11 pin set-up, rather than 5 like the older ones - I have two of those so I'm annoyed about the change too).
    Anyone care to share there sixaxis game profile for gs3 ?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Have ones for Nova 3 and Dead Trigger at the blog :)