FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

GingerZaraki Bugs List & Solutions

2,984 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,116

Post Reply Email Thread
OK LET ME GET THIS STRAIGHT FOR YA!
You were probably thinking how this thread is much similar to my GDX Bugs List & Solutions thread. Trust me... for these ROMs, I would compare them to the following ways:

GingerDX - Feature Complete
GingerZaraki - Lightspeed!!

See this thread passed on by original creator Lloir, then to SpyderX, and now to me. Basically this thread is showing all the bugs that appeared in GingerZaraki. So dont ever go off topic in here. I am being serious here.

I want to say thank you to my great buddy RohinZaraki for this amazing ROM!! You ROCKKKKKKKKKK!

WHY MUST YOU USE THIS ROM??
- Very speedy ROM that will make your jaws drop!
- Frequent updates!
- Almost all of the bugs in this ROM are just minor bugs.
- Perfect for people looking for good battery life so they could msg their girlfriends (or boyfriends) more...
- So, are you interested? I bet you are... try out now!!
OFFICIAL THREAD
- Also, we are helping people in the IRC channel, [email protected], so we could do with some more helpers :P

MY GOAL!!
This is the exact same thing I wrote in another threas because I really really want to emphasize it. So dont complain.

Before you continue into the next part, please READ HERE!

Of course, my goal is to provide help to people who are having problems with bugs and installation. If you reading this now, please sticky this to your brain cells:

- Ask your questions here, rather than spamming the GingerZaraki thread!! I understand that Rohin gets very annoyed for reading stupid posts...

BUGS LIST & SOLUTIONS...
(X) means confirmed.
(?) means not confirmed.
:: v10 FINAL Bugs ::

WiFi:

Believe me, when I say that WiFi issues are present on all ROMs. Let's face it, I've personally never encountered a ROM with WiFi as stable as that of stock 2.1, but let's deal with it. Remember: Custom ROMs are NOT perfect so don't be picky.

WiFi stays on: "Connecting...", but nothing is happening. (X)
Solution: Erase all saved networks, then connect again.

WiFi turns off when I lock screen. (X)
Solution: Not actually a bug, just go into WiFi settings --> Advanced --> Set sleep policy to never.

WiFi connects but doesn't allow data transfer. (X)
Solution: As there are many possible causes to this problem, try the following:
1. Make sure that your firewall/iptables settings are not blocking the WiFi.
2. Ensure that your router is functional and correctly routing internet traffic.
3. Enter the browser and load a few pages. If there is a login screen, LOGIN as that's the problem.
4. Disconnect and reconnect again.
5. Reconfigure your router (factory reset your router) -- ESPECIALLY MAKE SURE THAT MAC FILTERING ISN'T BLOCKING YOUR PHONE.
6. Try different types of encryption.
7. Complete reinstall of GZR.

WiFi tethering -- whole host of potential problems. (X)
Solution: Use a 3rd party app from the Play Store to tether instead.

WiFi shows "Error". (X)
Solution: This has many possible causes. Check the below:
1. Make sure you flashed Alfs FOR CM7, not the GDX version.
2. Make sure you did flash the Alfs addon.
3. Make sure you full-wiped.
3. Reflash kernel and GZR.

Kernel Issues:

Now 2 kernels are GZR-supported-- Alfs-CM7 kernel v8a/ v9a & nAa 14 (Though Alfs v8a is recommended because of kernel bugs). Each version has its pros and cons. So see below..

Auto brightness on AlfsV09a with Cypress digitizer is not working even after using the autobrightness fix both dt and no_dt. (X)
Solution: Do the same thing as above again, but this time, using Alfsv8.

Occasionally the screen has a problem in which it is shifted to the right. (X)
Solution: Don't overclock or don't OC to 691MHz. Then reboot.

Screen-cut (Alfsv9a) {Hitachi screens only} What happens is that the screen looks glitched up/distorted. (X)
Solution: Lock and unlock your phone OR revert back to Alfsv8a.

Reboot when plugging in phone to the computer in USB debugging mode and related stuff. (X)
Solution: Flash Alfsv9a OR revert back to Alfsv8a.

In call proximity sensors are not working on Alfs v9a. (X)
Solution: Flash the LibSensors patch from Alfs kernel thread.

Brightness setting is not working on Alfs v9a. (X)
Solution: Switch to Alfs V08a.

Others:

Screenshot will force close after a few times doing it, or sometimes directly. (X)
Solution: Try enabling Share Screenshots setting in Settings > Cyanogenmod Settings > Interface.

Notice:

1. Please don't blame me for not listing any bugs here. Please report and confirm bugs here. Bear it in mind, you are not helping me, you are helping everyone that have a X8/W8 and using GingerZaraki! Please read second post (courtesy to SpyderX) before posting.

2. No spam please! This thread is only for reference, I'm not asking Rohin to fix anything at all.

3. GingerZaraki... the lightest ROM I ever experienced... Please subscribe for future updates.

4. Hit the THANKS button to support me!!
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to lucastan96 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lucastan96 Ad-Free

12th June 2012, 11:02 AM |#2  
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 939

More
Oh and for dummies:

Use the app aLogcat from Market to get your LOGCAT.

To get the logcat in a text file called logcat.txt on your sdcard, type this commands in terminal emulator

Code:
su

cat /dev/log/system > /sdcard/logcat.txt

And for a dmesg, here is the code to enter in terminal emulator:

Code:
su

cat /proc/kmsg > /sdcard/dmesg.txt
Any questions about GingerZaraki, attach and post both the logcat and the dmesg here along with a detailed description of your problem and any tweaks you have added etc. Refer to first post.
The Following User Says Thank You to SpyderX For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SpyderX Ad-Free
12th June 2012, 11:05 AM |#3  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 8,074

Donate to Me
More
well im so sorry for making a typo
12th June 2012, 11:25 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 3,798

More
Thanks for this will link it to the OP
The Following User Says Thank You to RohinZaraki For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift RohinZaraki Ad-Free
16th June 2012, 05:53 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Service Proximity Sensor & A2SD Settings
Updated to version 4 of this great rom with Alfs v8a.(i did a clean install; full wiped before installing new version) I had following problems:

1) Proximity sensor was not working. I had to flash Libsensors available with alfs kernell.

2) Could not fond a2sd settings in location where they were is previous versions:

i.e. Cyanogenmod sett..>Performance> A2sd settings

the apps not going to sd-ext partition. In previous version of the rom, all apps moved automatically to sd-ext and my internal phone memory remained unchanged.

Please let me know your opinion regarding this.
16th June 2012, 06:09 AM |#6  
Flag Singapore

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by faysalmuneer

Updated to version 4 of this great rom with Alfs v8a.(i did a clean install; full wiped before installing new version) I had following problems:

1) Proximity sensor was not working. I had to flash Libsensors available with alfs kernell.

2) Could not fond a2sd settings in location where they were is previous versions:

the apps not going to sd-ext partition. In previous version of the rom, all apps moved automatically to sd-ext and my internal phone memory remained unchanged.

Please let me know your opinion regarding this.

Rohin maight have forgotten to add in some code that he normally does. It appears that the a2sd script is not in your current ROM.

Check if there is a file called a2sd in /system/xbin/ or /system/bin
The Following User Says Thank You to SpyderX For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SpyderX Ad-Free
16th June 2012, 07:08 AM |#7  

More
I have checked and found "a2sd" file in system/bin. File not found in system/xbin
16th June 2012, 07:13 AM |#8  
Flag Singapore

More
Quote:

I have checked and found "a2sd" file in system/bin. File not found in system/xbin

Go into terminal emulator and type:

Code:
su

a2sd install

y/n (your choice here)

y
This will restore a2sd on your phone (I hope ).
16th June 2012, 07:30 AM |#9  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpyderX

Go into terminal emulator and type:

Code:
su

a2sd install

y/n (your choice here)

y
This will restore a2sd on your phone (I hope ).

Ok I did this and then a reboot. More internal memory now available BUT the apps in internal memory are no longer available like Google play store is not available now. The apps that i previously moved to SD card manually are available. How to restore play store?
16th June 2012, 12:09 PM |#10  
Flag Singapore

More
Quote:

Ok I did this and then a reboot. More internal memory now available BUT the apps in internal memory are no longer available like Google play store is not available now. The apps that i previously moved to SD card manually are available. How to restore play store?

Flash gapps for gingerbread, search on Google for it. This is strange as play store is meant to be in /system/app, not internal storage (/data/app)

Edit:
This is the link I think: http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-gb-20110828-signed.zip

Sent from my E15i using Tapatalk 2
16th June 2012, 12:50 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 3,798

More
Quote:

I think i know what went wrong, its the wrongly compiled CMParts.apk

Sent from my E15i using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)